Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: What to watch (Hulu, Netflix, Prime, even old fashioned TV)

That happens to me too, just not with this particular show. Most shows make me watch about three episodes before I'm invested enough to want to continue watching it. There are a few exceptions (like Big Little Lies ... I had already read the book and the cast was just phenomenal). I can't even count how many series I've given up on.

Also the second to last episode of Watchmen ... wasn't much of a fan. It was very out there and I feel like (as someone who has no idea what the comic says) it almost jumped the shark. Putting a lot of faith in the last episode this coming Sunday.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

i find it really depends on my mood. sometimes i'm feeling patient and can give a series time to grow on me, but sometimes i just want something that's instantly gratifying lol
    Nevan, fgg and Sarzy like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm bingeing on Jane the Virgin, am about halfway through season 2. It's not at all the kind of show I'd normally watch but I wanted something light and I found it. I love the OTT telenovela style of it, and it's really cute and funny, though Jane can get a bit annoying.
    sputnik, Witchywoman and Sassiness like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^^
    i can’t fucking stand Jane or her fucking abuela, they’re both so judgy, humourless and uptight. But I still like the show, in large part thanks to the strength of the writing and the other actors.
    Sassiness likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't know where to put this because it's a movie but also from a streaming source.

Netflix ... 6 Underground. Stars Ryan Reynolds ... I like his brand of humor, except I'm not a big fan of the Deadpool movies. Big action thriller, directed by Michael Bay. I was very surprised this was a Netflix movie that had just been released. It was decent and I watched the whole thing without reaching for my phone, lol. Had a really cool concept with the yacht/magnets that I've never seen before. There were some parts that you had to suspend belief, but overall I liked it.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Watched Don't F**k With Cats on Netflix. It's a three-part documentary about killer Luka Magnotta and how internet sleuths helped catch him. There is some really upsetting visual content. They don't show when he actually kills the animals, but they show the before and after and I had to stop a few times. They showed a lot less of his video of Jun Lin.

I thought it was interesting to see the internet people go through clues and dead ends and document all the dummy accounts the killer ran. They also show how frustrating it can be on the internet because people will jump to conclusions and that can snowball and also detract from investigating. The sleuths were ignored for a long time by the police and that's understandable on the one hand but on the other, if they're providing tips and can show how they've come to those conclusions they shouldn't just be frozen out.

At the end they talk about how they may have actually caused him to do his crimes, with which I don't agree, and how everyone watching the doc is giving him the attention he wanted, which is true, but at the same time we all are responsible for our own actions and no one should be killing kittens, a puppy, and a man whether they get attention for it or not.

I heard a great podcast called “Red Ball” recently that goes into how & why Police cannot use some of the information provided by none-legal sources, etc. It was very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I don't know where to put this because it's a movie but also from a streaming source.

Netflix ... 6 Underground. Stars Ryan Reynolds ... I like his brand of humor, except I'm not a big fan of the Deadpool movies. Big action thriller, directed by Michael Bay. I was very surprised this was a Netflix movie that had just been released. It was decent and I watched the whole thing without reaching for my phone, lol. Had a really cool concept with the yacht/magnets that I've never seen before. There were some parts that you had to suspend belief, but overall I liked it.
    I got a notification that Ryan Reynolds had added this to my Netflix watch list for me....
    Jadestone likes this.

^^ Ooooh, I'm jealous!!
    Novice likes this.

Recently binged The Witcher. It's fantastic - if you like fantasy. If you don't, I can see how it would be tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Recently binged The Witcher. It's fantastic - if you like fantasy. If you don't, I can see how it would be tiresome.
    My bestie shares my Netflix sub & added it to my watch list for me

I’ve been watching S4 of Sherlock & am *hating* it. Last one to go & then I can move on to something else...
    palta likes this.

Aw, that's disappointing, I liked the 3 seasons of Sherlock. I watched it mainly bc I love Martin Freeman and learned to appreciate Cumberbatch as Sherlock.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    I started the first episode, but I've got to say as someone who's never read the books and doesn't know anything about the mythology - it's all a bit lame. I'm running out of things to watch so I'll probably keep going with it, but I was expecting The Last Kingdom with magic, and this is more like a high school production of Merlin.
    fgg likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I’ve been watching S4 of Sherlock & am *hating* it. Last one to go & then I can move on to something else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Aw, that's disappointing, I liked the 3 seasons of Sherlock. I watched it mainly bc I love Martin Freeman and learned to appreciate Cumberbatch as Sherlock.
    I only liked season 1 and 2, and the wedding episode.

I don't remember if I said it already, but I'm watching S2 of You and it's more annoying than the first season but it helps me fall asleep. I put The Witcher on to fall asleep as background noise but I will probably watch it at some point. I'm getting a lot of love/hate responses from it. I don't like Cavill's hair, but that's my only contribution to that conversation.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I really needed something to sink my teeth into this past month, so I re-watching original Dallas. I'm enjoying it so much. The writing was great, the twists were great, you really got to know the characters inside and out like a soap opera. I'm going to watch until when Bobby returns. The show took a nose dive about Season 10 and I stopped watching. Watching it again, I used to think Pam and Bobby (best ass on night time television)! (Victoria Principal and Patrick Duffy) were a great couple, but they weren't. They were not supportive of each other and were incredibly stubborn, but they were great to look at. The last season had Barbara Eden as JR's business rival which was fun to see.

I still have the rest of The Crown, Mrs. Maisel and The Kominsky Method to watch.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information