Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23 View Post
    Well the part about the family being murdered in the house by the brother was true. http://www.amityvillemurders.com/ This website is really good for info on that. It's a really creepy story. (It's pretty detailed and for a warning, it even has the crime scene photos.) But everything after that is false involving the Lutz's. (The above website also has all the info on the hoax.)
    I looked at the website and the photos and it has really made me sad. Those poor people, for whatever reason it is believed how they were murdered is very very sad. The picture that got me actually was the 12 yr old who had the football injury and the wheelchair is next to his bed. It looked like they were all shot in the back. Thanks Fonzarelli23

^^ You're welcome... (I think. Unless it was one of those sarcastic thanks because I led you to a website with awful photos)

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzarelli23 View Post
    ^^ You're welcome... (I think. Unless it was one of those sarcastic thanks because I led you to a website with awful photos)
    Oh no not a rude/sarcastic Thanks. Just makes me appreicate what I do have and how one act from a crazy/insane/stupid person can change so many peoples lives.
    Its all good from here

I just got done watching two movies.
    First one "Bend It Like Beckham", excellent movie. I will go out and buy it on DVD and watch it many many times.
    Second, "Uptown Girls", it was cute and Dakota Fanning was a hoot ordering Brittany Murphy around and her phoba of germs. I have to admit I did cry when they were at the amusement park riding the teacup ride.
    Im going to watch Lemony Snicket tonight(Friday) let you know what I think.

My rating system is big smiley faces in place of stars.
    But of course if I dont like the movie it gets a

The Fog Bites The Big One, Save Ur Little Piggy Bank From The Hammer
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Lil

Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I loved it. It was very funny, and the rabbits were sooooo cute!
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    The Fog Bites The Big One, Save Ur Little Piggy Bank From The Hammer
    OMG, it was horrendous. Tom Welling is hot though.

I just saw "North Country" and really loved it. i would highly recommend it. Charlize was great and it never bored me. It was very compelling from beginning to end. Has lots of stories within the main story that keep it very interesting. (If only i could say that about Shall we Dance? saw that last summer and i actually walked out!!)

A*O

The new Pride and Prejudice - it was OK, lots of English countryside stuff that made me briefly homesick - the acting/script was good apart from Donald Sutherland as Mr Bennet who cannot erase his Canadian accent. Everyone knows the story so no surprises, and it was an enjoyable movie, but it lacked the 'oumph' of the BBC 'Colin Firth' P&P
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    Saved!: Old, but I just bought it since HMV was having a 3/$20 DVD sale, and I really like it! It's very funny.
    saved! is hilarious. i recently watched it for the second time and it was just as funny.

i finally saw 'crash' the other night, after hearing so many people rave about it. a bit disappointing. great actors and most of the story is great, but some of the characters never develop (brendan fraser's for example is pretty two-dimensional).
    something about this movie sort of bugged me and i can't quite put my finger on it. there's something sort of self-conscious about it that kind of reminded me of soderbergh. i hate soderbergh, and there were moments in 'crash' that reminded me of the shitty 'traffic', a bit show-offy and gimmicky.

watched pink flamingos again recently after a friend gave me the dvd. so trashy and funny

Saw "The Shining" for the first time in ages on TV the other night. I LOVED it when I first saw it, but was disappointed this time when I watched it again. Hmmm.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Just saw FlightPlan with my bf. Wow! What a good movie, really loved the story line and Jodie Foster's performance. Great movie.

I saw the Weather Man a couple nights ago. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Of course, I should have looked into it a little more. I'm not used to thinking about the rating of the movies, or why it's rated that - my kid's old enough to go to an R-rated movie on her own now anyway. I went with a date and his 13-year-old daughter. And I did tell him a few times that it would be ok if we left it.

The movie itself was pretty good. I don't think it should be labeled a comedy, though, and that's what threw me. It had comedic moments, but most of it was drama.

^^^I saw that when it came out in theaters and didn't really like it. It was kind of gory though! Also, when I saw it was half dubbed, half subtitled which made it kind of weird. Interesting twist though.

I saw Capote, The Weather Man and Shopgirl recently. Capote was the only one I liked.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information