Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (part deux)

Some awful Norwegian cable movie called The Wave. A disaster movie, in more ways than one. Since I'm "Sheltered in Place" it's me checking out all the channels on Roku.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Parasite. It's a South Korean film. I really liked it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be (somehow I thought it was some kind of thriller flick) but it's a good look at life in South Korea in terms of the haves and have nots and it's got a lot of humor in it. Then the end kind of comes out of nowhere and has an almost Tarantino thing going on. It's a good watch.
    Thanks for reminding me! I had a list of movies I wanted to see and hadn't gotten to that one yet. I'm trying to get through what "free" ones I can find before watching other stuff.

I did finally watch Midsommar today. I liked the ambiance and aesthetic of it, but I didn't love it as much as I thought I was going to. I liked it. I would have liked to learn more about the cult and the weird history of the pagans and stuff. I didn't understand the point of the characterless boyfriend. It would have been more interesting if he had been a little more present or charming or something.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Silver Member

I recently saw "By the Sea." It was on Netflix, I believe. Oh, my. Terrible script, laughable lines. Angie should have had a co-writer. But what was absolutely shocking is Angie's horrible acting. Horrible. I've always thought she was a good actress and even great at times. Not here. I enjoy slow movies, so that wasn't the problem. I've even enjoyed subpar movies if the acting holds my attention. Brad actually took horrible lines and did a decent job with them. He gave it his all. It was a few weeks ago that I saw it, so not as fresh in my mind. Right after viewing it, I could probably have gone on for paragraphs about what was wrong with her script, her acting, her sighs in the movie, the complete lack of chemistry with Brad on any level, and the big reveal.

Also, I am a big fan of Melanie Laurent. She did a good job.

Rocketman. It was laughably bad.
    Nevan likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I was really disappointed with that too.
    czb likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

czb

i couldn't even sit through all of rocketman. it's still in my ondemand queue. unwatchable.
    Nevan likes this.

Something about Taron Edgerton that is so off-putting...maybe because he looks like he's smirking all the time. Plus, I can't stand the Kingsmen movies.
    Trixie likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

^^^ Generally speaking, I don't believe in bio pics about people who are still alive.

^ I wouldn't even call it a bio pic. It was more like reducing his life to a mishmash of awful musical numbers.
    greysfang and czb like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My nerdy self actually liked the Kingsmen movies. Plus, I really like Colin Firth.
    czb likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I liked the Kingsmen movies as well
    -

While I'm not a super-fan of the Kingsman movies, they are fun to have on in the background when nothing else is on. Plus, Sofia Boutella is in there.... And Pedro Pascal.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information