Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (part deux)

We watched Airplane again. That movie will always crack me up. It even got 4 stars!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Horse Girl (Alison Brie, Netflix). Still scratching my head, but it was definitely a powerful portrait of (possible?) mental illness.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    We watched Airplane again. That movie will always crack me up. It even got 4 stars!
    "Macho Grande"!!!
    SHELLEE likes this.

I watched "Hereditary" with our daughter Saturday night. It's on Amazon Prime, and I think it was free (so hard to tell with Amazon Prime).

Anyway, our daughter said in advance that she thought this movie would be inappropriate for Mrs Mo. How weird is it when one of your kids is telling you a movie might be too traumatic for your spouse???

This movie is written and directed by Ari Aster, who also wrote and directed "Midsommar" a loopy horror film that I saw a few weeks ago and loved. I had big expectations for that reason, and boy did it deliver. Loved it. It went back and forth between banal and utterly horrifying and grotesque imagery the way that Midsommar did. Basically, the plot is that a middle-aged woman (Toni Collette) is just getting over the loss of a mother with whom she had a very strained relationship. She and her family dutifully attend the funeral, etc. She has two kids. One of them a low-key son who is probably around 15. And a younger daughter, around 13, who clearly has some kind of developmental issues.

The big event that sets off the rest of the film is a horrifying accident. And I mean horrifying. The aftermath of trying to deal with it causes the mom to go off the rails. Her husband (Gabriel Byrne) is torn between trying to deal with her, and keeping some sense of normalcy for their son.

Collette got a lot of praise for her performance, but Alex Wolff did an amazing job, too.
    greysfang likes this.

"Where the Heart Is" - 2000 Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, Stockard Channing.

This is such a sweet, classic movie! I laugh at Stockard Channing's character, Thelma Sister Husband. LOL! Her blessing over each meal. "Lord, forgive the fornication me and Mr. Sprock committed on this very table, earlier this morning."
    Nevan likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^ I love that movie, Blue!!! I watch it whenever it's on!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Bronze Member

One of my favorite movies of all time is the Pursuit of Happyness. I do cry everytime I watched it. Such a heartfelt movie.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I forgot how fkin' funny this film is. The whole court scene where the dude in the very back of the house is always sayin' "Atta Boy LUTHER!!". Cracks me up every damn time.
    SHELLEE, mostroop and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    The Ghost and Mr. Chicken. I forgot how fkin' funny this film is. The whole court scene where the dude in the very back of the house is always sayin' "Atta Boy LUTHER!!". Cracks me up every damn time.
    I love this movie and whenever we watch it I say Atta Boy Luther for a couple of days after.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Finally saw Onwards that was just released in Sweden (latest Pixar movie)
    The trailers hadn't really excited me, but the movie was actually really entertaining and sweet
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Frozen 2. I’m a bit disappointed.
    mostroop likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

the upside. kinda corny but i really like bryan cranston. and kevin hart made me laugh.

Finally saw JoJo Rabbit and I really enjoyed it.
    CornFlakegrl and palta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Frozen 2. I’m a bit disappointed.
    Same here. It was really pretty but kind of pointless.
    The inciting element was really weak (Elsa hearing a song? Out of nowhere?) and they really didn't know what to do with most of the characters. The sisters' relation is still the strongest and sweetest point of the movie, but they totally wasted Kristoff, and the new characters as well.
    One very touching scene with Olaf, but other than that it left me kind of ... blah
    greysfang likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Parasite. It's a South Korean film. I really liked it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be (somehow I thought it was some kind of thriller flick) but it's a good look at life in South Korea in terms of the haves and have nots and it's got a lot of humor in it. Then the end kind of comes out of nowhere and has an almost Tarantino thing going on. It's a good watch.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information