Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (part deux)

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post

I want to marry the guy who plays Schofield, George Mackay. Can people make this happen? Thanks
    How do we get a photo of Levitt to this guy? That's all that needs to happen, basically.
    czb, SHELLEE, Nevan and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    How do we get a photo of Levitt to this guy? That's all that needs to happen, basically.
    You've put a smile on my face, Mo. Thank you.

He has acted with a family friend a couple of years ago but I'm not sure that's an avenue I can use to improve my sex life...
    MohandasKGanja and Nevan like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Parasite

Holy crap, haven't seen suvh a great film in a while. Loved it
    ikmccall and Labelwhore like this.

Levitt - just marry a potato. They're more available and you'll probably win every argument.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

George MacKay has way too good cheek bones to be a potato... he's more of a gnarled sweet potato surely

Also what about a penis? I need one of those!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

“Diana” The 2013 movie with Naomi Watts and Naveen Andrews, which covered The Princess of Wales’ love affair with that heart surgeon.

Clearly, Dodi Fayed was a rebound.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; January 26th, 2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Daphodil and Brookie like this.

"Midsommar" - I saw it on Amazon Prime late last night (it's two and a half hours long). This was a pretty crazy, compelling movie. It stars Florence Pugh, who we were talking about in another thread. In the movie, she is kind of an emotionally clingy person who just lost her sister and is devastated. So, she decides to accompany her boyfriend (who is some kind of grad student) and his friends on a trip to a remote area of Sweden. The idea is that one of the bf's friends is Swedish and has been telling them about the cool/unique Pagan/Druidic kind of culture he came from. Pugh's bf and another friend are interested in it from an academic perspective.

So, they go up there and all kinds of batsh*t stuff ensues. I actually kind of loved this movie. It just very freaky and different. One thing I really like about certain movies is that mood/atmosphere/cinematography combination. And this one really is something. It's just super bright and sunny all the time, which makes what's going on seem even ironic to me.

I also wanted to add that I really liked Florence Pugh here. I think she has a beautiful face in kind of the Chloe Moretz mold. But in the movie, she's just shlubbing around in a t-shirt and mom jeans. Her boyfriend (an actor I've never heard of before) looks like of like the unholy lovechild of Seth Rogen and Chris Pratt. There is another recognizeable actor in here, too - Will Poulter (from "The Revenant" and other films). His character is really abrasive and kind of amusing.

Also, VERY graphic violence, so prepare yourself for that.

I have been wanting to see Midsommar since it came out but when it got to Amazon Prime, it still had a rental fee. I definitely need something to watch because everything I try to watch is a snoozefest.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Finally watched Glass. God it sucked.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Marriage Story on Netflix. What a film. A Krammer vs Krammer for our times. Loved it, excellent performances but I felt it was a bit uneven in how much it was showing Adam Driver's character vs ScarJo's. Still, very solid performances from both of them and the kid was great too
    Waterslide likes this.

I watched A Fall from Grace on Netflix and really liked it. Great casting. I almost had it worked out but I was still taken by surprise.

Also watched Shaun the Sheep Movie on Tubi. It was freaking hilarious! I'd forgotten just how much I loved that show, including the theme song. I'm going to have to rewatch the show now.

i rewatched 'once upon a time in hollywood' this weekend. i usually rarely watch movies twice but i was with friends and we're trying to watch all the oscar nominated movies and they hadn't seen that one yet. i think i liked it even more the second time round. it's tarantino at his most relaxed.
    finally saw 'parasite' and holy shit it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Marriage Story on Netflix. What a film. A Krammer vs Krammer for our times. Loved it, excellent performances but I felt it was a bit uneven in how much it was showing Adam Driver's character vs ScarJo's. Still, very solid performances from both of them and the kid was great too
    i keep meaning to watch that but keep putting it off because from the trailer and clips i've seen here and there i feel like it might be one of those movies where everyone annoys me. and i usually like noah baumbach, he made what i think is one of the best portrayals of female friendship in a movie (frances ha). i think i need to be in the right mood.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 27th, 2020 at 09:51 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The Gentleman. Loved it but I'm a Guy Ritchie fan. Great performances with the top for me being Colin Farrell, who steals every scene he is in. Hunnan is awesome. Michele Dockery kicks ass and I fell in love with her. McConaughey is the weak link for me because he's always kind of playing the same guy but he gets better as the film goes on. Fun watch.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Out of the three movies, I loved Split the most. The first one I was kind of meh, and the third was a big build up for Glass, but didn't do it for me. But Split introduced me to James McAvoy and he was so damn incredible in it. Then again, his scenes were the only ones that I really liked in Glass too. He's just amazing.
    greysfang and Labelwhore like this.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Out of the three movies, I loved Split the most. The first one I was kind of meh, and the third was a big build up for Glass, but didn't do it for me. But Split introduced me to James McAvoy and he was so damn incredible in it. Then again, his scenes were the only ones that I really liked in Glass too. He's just amazing.
    I gave yet to watch Glass but I loved Split!

I’ll watch anything with Janes McAvoy in it!
    Nevan likes this.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information