Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (part deux)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I actually really feel for Shia. I kind of hate the "difficult" label he's gotten; yeah I'm sure he's no treat but it sounds like he's got some pretty serious CPTSD going on and his rage an outbursts seem rooted in some really deep pain. I've seen how easy it is to dismiss people who are in that kind of pain as merely difficult. I'm not absolving him of his horrible behaviour, but I guess I kind of sympathize? And I actually think the decision to not have males around on set shows that he's trying to keep himself and others safe while working on what I'm sure is a really hard engagement with his past.
    What traumatic incident has he gone through?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    “Love Is A Many-Spendored Thing” (1955) with Jennifer Jones and William Holden.

Soooo good!! Beautiful love story.

Then, I got sucked down a rabbit hole reading about William Holden and how his death from a head injury in 1981 was suspicious.
    How I love this film. It truly brings back memories of Hong Kong and Jennifer Jones was gorgeous in this.

Interrupted Melody with Eleanor Parker and Glenn Ford. Based on the true story of Australian opera star Marjorie Lawrence whose promising career was cut short by polio. So now I can say I've seen all three of her Oscar nominated performances - Caged, Detective Story and now this.

<em>

I really hated the first captain America but I just watched winter soldier and it’s excellent.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    What traumatic incident has he gone through?
    I think there's a link on the previous page that says he was abused by his father.

from wiki

LaBeouf has described his parents as "hippies", his father as "tough as nails and a different breed of man", and his upbringing as similar to a "hippy lifestyle", stating that his parents were "pretty weird people, but they loved me and I loved them."[8][10][22] During his childhood, he accompanied his father to meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous.[7] LaBeouf has also said he was subjected to verbal and mental abuse by his father, who once pointed a gun at his son during a Vietnam War flashback.[10] LaBeouf has stated that his father was "on drugs" during his childhood, and was placed in drug rehabilitation for heroin addiction, while LaBeouf's mother was "trying to hold down the fort."[8]
    His parents eventually divorced, mainly owing to financial problems,[23] and LaBeouf had what he has described as a "good childhood", growing up poor in Echo Park with his mother, who worked selling fabrics and brooches.[24][25] LaBeouf's uncle was going to adopt him at one stage because his parents could not afford to have him anymore and "they had too much pride to go on welfare or food stamps."[26] As a way of dealing with his parents' divorce, he would perform for his family, mimicking his father.[27] LaBeouf remains close to and financially supports both of his parents.[7][8][28]

I grew up with a lot of kids whose parents had similar Vietnam flashbacks. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

Watched a bunch of movies -- The Irishman, Shutter Island, Dinner for Schmucks, Knives Out and The Report. I also watched a couple really stupid Lifetime movies (my guilty pleasure). All in all, a very good movie break. Knives Out was very entertaining. The Irishman took us almost 6 hours to get through because we had to start and stop for various reasons! The Report made me very angry all over again. I want to know more about the a-hole contractors they hired, what psychologist with any sort of real education thinks you can beat the truth out of someone? Fucking idiots.
    Waterslide likes this.

The Report infuriated me all over again as well and I probably should not have watched it before bedtime. I don't know what was worse - the sadistic, opportunistic asshole contractors or the fuckwits at the CIA who went along with this bullshit you would know would not work from one high school psych class and/or being human. The latter did not even have the benefit of it being able to use the old "it as the 50s- things were different back then!" excuse.
    tulip and Daphodil like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I re-watched "Us" like 3 times over the Thanksgiving break -- whenever it would come on cable. I love that movie so freaking much -- it is so weird.

My daughter and I now walk around our house calling out the dad/Gabe's threat to the dopplegangers in the driveway -- "If y'all want to get crazy...... we can GET crazy!"

My other favorite line is when Red with her super-hoarse voice goes, "We're Americans!"
    tulip likes this.

“Rio Bravo” Dean Martin, John Wayne, Ricky Nelson. (1959)

Great classic western and the scene where Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson sing a duet, is amazing.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; December 4th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.

Watched "Why Him" last night (Bryan Cranston & James Franco are the two main characters). Hubs & I laughed our asses off.

I went to see Harriet and it was awesome! I'm making plans to go again to see it, and I rarely do that.

I watched Marriage Story on Netflix and really liked it. Reminds me of a toned-down, more optimistic Cassavetes kind of movie.
    Nevan likes this.

Like Water For Chocolate. Now I HATE foo foo, chick flick , Sundance movie love stories. But man, this one right here gets me in my feelings every damn time. I don't care what part it's on if it happens to be on TV, I'll sit and watch that shit. This is one of my all time favorite films.

Rise of Skywalker
    I really liked it, though it's a bit rush and there's a LOT of fan service. Feels like a satisfying end the the saga. I know I'm in the minority that liked The Last Jedi too.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I watched Marriage Story on Netflix and really liked it. Reminds me of a toned-down, more optimistic Cassavetes kind of movie.
    I tried to watch this but it got annoying to me very quickly. It might be because it's too close to home for me.

I saw 6 Underground of Netflix the other day. It stars Ryan Reynolds and is a big action thriller with some dark humor (totally my type). I really like RR's sense of humor, but I did not like it in the Deadpool movies. Anyway, this movie was directed by Michael Bay (Transformers) so it has a lot of CGI, car chases and explosions. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I was extremely surprised that it was a Netflix movie that had just been released.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information