Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? (part deux)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Banana Splits on SciFi. The characters are now evil and kill. I’m the only person that has never heard or watched this show from the 70’s by Hanna-Barbera.
    That is a hilarious concept.
    Daphodil and SHELLEE like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Banana Splits on SciFi. The characters are now evil and kill. I’m the only person that has never heard or watched this show from the 70’s by Hanna-Barbera.
    And now the theme song from the show in the 70ís is stuck in my head. Thx!
    holly likes this.

SHELLEE, Waterslide and holly like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

1 Banana
    2 Banana
    3 Banana
    GORE
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

JOKER

I want to say I liked this, but with the way Arthur Fleck's life from childhood to adulthood was depicted, coupled with the mental illness aspect of it - and the lack of help for it... I don't know; as someone who has huge anxiety, clinical depression, panic attacks that stem from my past, there were too many (I hate this word, but..) triggers. Half way through the movie I wanted to leave. The mental health aspect of it was just too much for me.

Joaquin did a PHENOMENAL job as Joker. He should get an Oscar for this. I liked Heath ledger's Joker much more, for the obvious reasons listed above.
    Nevan likes this.

Iím not sure I can watch the Joker. Watching people getting bullied is a real trigger for me. Iíve watched so much lately that Iím forgetting most of it but most recently the Addams Family. It was cute.
    Nevan likes this.

^I agree about the Joker and being bullied. I don't think I can watch it either.
    Nevan and gas_chick like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"Bad Times at the El Royale". It was on this morning while I was getting ready for work and I really liked it. It starred Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Chris Hemsworth, Dakota Johnson, and John Hamm. I'm not sure how to describe it because it is kind of a noir crime caper movie, but also a mystery because each character is hiding something critical and surprising about their identity/backgrounds. Virtually nobody is who they seem to be. Bridges is a priest. I think Hamm is a bigoted salesman. Hemsworth is a taller Charlie Manson. The director/writer is Drew Goddard, who did "Cabin in the Woods" and has also been an executive of a ton of movies and tv shows ("Lost", "Daredevil", "The Good Place", and on and on).

The 40th anniversary screening of Alien. Other than the computers, I think it held up really well.
    Honeythorn, Daphodil and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    The 40th anniversary screening of Alien. Other than the computers, I think it held up really well.
    AMAZING movie. Came out when I was 13, and it was like a science fiction for adult people compared to "Star Wars", which I also loved.

Saw "Western Stars" last night. I was surprised how much I loved it. Even Mr. Rox was impressed & he's not a big fan of Bruce Springsteen.

He had a 30 piece orchestra behind him performing in a 200 year old barn on his property, incredible music, incredible sound.

Here's the trailer...

ďLove Is A Many-Spendored ThingĒ (1955) with Jennifer Jones and William Holden.

Soooo good!! Beautiful love story.

Then, I got sucked down a rabbit hole reading about William Holden and how his death from a head injury in 1981 was suspicious.
    BITTER likes this.

About to watch "Terminator Dark Fate" with Mrs Mo. We are both off today and the kids are in school. ��❤
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I have a soft spot for Shia and I want to see his movie, "Honey Boy," but this bit in an article of what the cinematographer had to deal with on set with him illustrates what a troubled upbringing he had.

To top it all off, the crew couldn’t be on set. They needed to be out of sight. Sound and lighting would need to be adjusted remotely, or after LaBeouf exited the set. Braier became very conscientious of who LaBeouf saw while shooting. When they needed a second camera operator, which was often, they used Har’el, who was very much going on the emotional, therapeutic journey with LeBeouf.

“He’s triggered by men, and his father, who he’s portraying, it’s like a kind of very concrete type of energy, of masculine energy,” said Braier. “And so normally you would imagine that grips and electrics are also strong guys that are very masculine. So they can, even if they are not abusers, they could really trigger Shia. So ideally he would have wanted a whole group to be female.”
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/11/ho...ss-1202186644/

^^^ Thank you for that opportunity to post this masterpiece again:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information