Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1707
Like Tree1367Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Christ, y'all are STILL talking about Titanic?
    No shit! I demand an immediate end to this fuckery!
    SHELLEE, gas_chick, rollo and 1 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No shit! I demand an immediate end to this fuckery!
    We stopped talking about Titanic 3 posts ago!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Unh huh.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    And hanging on to that big ass necklace all those years that was worth millions! Then throws it away in the ocean! She could've sold it and left money for her children and grandchildren!
    yeah or feed the poor or something. that was annoying. you don't need to chuck the necklace for your heart to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I can recite the entire scene in the cabin where Ruth is tightening Rose's corsets and complaining about how all the money is gone and that is why she must marry Cal...
    omg, you are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I watched that movie once and have been traumatized ever since. I mean, the movie is good, but it's so sad and depressing. I love Matthew McConnaughey's character, though.
    now i wanna see it.

smoke (1995) harvey keitel, william hurt, forrest whitaker, stockard channing, ashley judd

i liked it. it was about the goings-on of a smoke shop owner and his customers. what made me interested in it was the cast. it wasn't the most riveting plot i've ever seen, the average ratings were accurate, but i wasn't disappointed and i liked the ending. stockard channing was cool in this role. ashley judd was a lot younger and this weird but the whole time i thought she was charlize theron. she looked like charlize to me.
    Waterslide, Bluebonnet and BITTER like this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

^Keep the Kleenex handy if you watch We Are Marshall. But then maybe I get overly emotional about certian movies so...lol

I watchedl I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore, which I believe is a Netflix originial. It was in my face everyday and couldn't figure out what it was about, or even what time period it was set, so I just turned it on out of curiosity. It had that chick from Heavenly Creatures and Two and Half Men (?) and Elijah Wood and it was weird and I had it on as background noise more or less. Not bad, not great. It's about a downtrodden girl trying to get back items stolen from her house and deadly adventures ensue.
    panic likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I totally agree with all of this. And it's a real tear-jerker.

I never saw that fountain before, but it's really beautiful and I love the ceremony that goes along with it. Lord, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. It's a tragic story like a lot of other tragic stories, but for some reason this one really gets to me every time.
    This is the real Nate Ruffin and the real Jack Lengyel

Waterslide and holly like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^Love that picture. Never saw that one before. Nate was definitely very handsome, too.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

He died in 2001 of cancer and is buried next to some of his team mates that were killed in the crash.

Me, when I watch "We Are Marshall":

Waterslide and holly like this.

I've never seen that movie and probably never will. Too sad.
    SHELLEE, Waterslide and gas_chick like this.

Florence Foster Jenkins. Ear rape, but pretty good and the ending made me cry. Yes, I am a sap.
    Alysheba likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I've never seen that movie and probably never will. Too sad.
    Same here.
    Waterslide likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Saw Ordinary People for the first time, as it was talked about upthread. It was really good, strong acting by all three leads.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    He died in 2001 of cancer and is buried next to some of his team mates that were killed in the crash.

Me, when I watch "We Are Marshall":

I had done a little bit of googling and saw that Nate died and was buried with his teammates and then I ended up like that .gif. I'm hopeless!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Saw Ordinary People for the first time, as it was talked about upthread. It was really good, strong acting by all three leads.
    I had to watch that in my sophomore year English class and looking back, I'm really glad I had that teacher, because a) he looked like Gabe Kotter and b) he turned us all into book and film critics. It was hard for me to watch mean Mary Tyler Moore though. lol I seem to remember liking Judd Hirsch's character a lot.

Anyway, I actually saw a couple of movies (as opposed to TV)....Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I liked it well enough, but it was drastically different than how I remember the book, and I try to keep the two things separate, but there were a lot of parts of the book that I liked that I think could have made it into the movie. Oh well.

The other movie was a Hulu original, I think, and it was 10 Cloverfield Lane. It kept showing up as a recommendation (don't know why), and I thought it was a TV series, and halfway through found out it was a movie, and it wasn't too bad, but if I had known it was a full length movie, I might have picked something else on my long list to watch instead.
    Nevan likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

As a mother, the scene where Conrad comes home after his parents get back from their vacation and he tries to hug his mother after *everything* he's been through and she just sits there stunned, emotionless and unparticipating, was so hard for me to watch. I could never see my own child hurting so badly and not do everything in my power to make it better for him, it's just a primal human emotion.

10 Cloverfield Lane wasn't a Hulu thing, it was released in theatres about a year ago. I saw it on Kodi, not long after. One of the few horror movies I've seen, but it wasn't too bad. Not very jump scare-y. Creepy, yes. It was, I think, a sequel, to another movie that I haven't seen.

I watched the whole Die Hard franchise yesterday (I needed to preoccupy myself, it was one of those kinds of days). I was surprised that there were two, Live Free or Die Hard and A Good Day to Die Hard, that I had never even seen before. Out of the five movies, the 2nd and 5th were the worst. Live Free or Die Hard was watchable to me because I'm geeky and it was about cyber crimes. Plus Timothy Olyphant, swoon. A Good Day to Die Hard looked okay to me at first, since it was supposed to revolve around Chernobyl (which has always fascinated me) but I was even more easily distracted than usual with this one. I liked that John joined forces with his son in this one, but it was the worst out of the series for me. The first Die Hard is a classic, but the third one ... Die Hard With a Vengeance ... is still my favorite. Jeremy Irons and Samuel L. Jackson are awesome.
    Waterslide likes this.

Logan. Too much claw-through-the-skull for my taste but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Thread Information