Page 95 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Logan. So good but sad. I'm going to have to rewatch the original XMen to lighten my mood this weekend.
    lacs likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

"Ordinary People" came on twice yesterday. Once in the morning when I was getting everybody ready for school. And then Mrs. Mo was watching it as I was getting home from work. Mary Tyler Moore's performance was pretty amazing, in my opinion. I didn't know whether to hate her or feel sorry for her. I really identified with Sutherland as the dad, trying to keep the family's head above water. Seemed like a really good father. And Dinah Manoff was super cute!

Also found this trivia item: Adam Baldwin is in this movie as a classmate who kind of bullies Timothy Hutton's character. That same year, though, Baldwin was in a movie where he protects a little kid from a big bully ("My Bodyguard").

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I've never seen the movie Titanic.
    Don't bother. It blows monkey dicks.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That's kind of what I figured.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Don't bother. It blows monkey dicks.
    The dialogue from the awful screenplay and Billy Zane's ridiculous Snidely Whiplash performance take away from it. And all my ocean liner geek friends swear on a stack of bibles that there would be NO WAY a third class passenger would even be allowed to look at first class accommodations, let alone be allowed to visit as a guest. It simply wasn't done in those days. At least that is what I am told. The shipping companies were worried about communicable diseases back then. Steerage passengers could sometimes have lice, trachoma or tuberculosis, or thought to have it.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Shell, if you're into corny you might like it, but I don't picture you as into corn

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The dialogue from the awful screenplay and Billy Zane's ridiculous Snidely Whiplash performance take away from it. And all my ocean liner geek friends swear on a stack of bibles that there would be NO WAY a third class passenger would even be allowed to look at first class accommodations, let alone be allowed to visit as a guest. It simply wasn't done in those days. At least that is what I am told. The shipping companies were worried about communicable diseases back then. Steerage passengers could sometimes have lice, trachoma or tuberculosis, or thought to have it.
    When we finished seeing we were full of Penelope Pitstop jokes. It had every cliche but the heroine tied to the railroad tracks thrown in.
    SHELLEE, BITTER and Bluebonnet like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Definitely NOT into romance/love story corn.

For the love of God, people, it's a movie about a giant boat tipping over! All that stuff with the love story is just to allow you to have a bathroom break and get your snacks together. Sheesh.

Shelly, don't let these people deny you the pleasure of watching people fall three hundred feet only to land on top of another passenger who thought they were going to actually survive.

lol Mo, not gonna do it. (said in my best George Bush) voice.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    lol Mo, not gonna do it. (said in my best George Bush) voice.
    Oh, man, Shelly, when they realize they are going to hit the iceberg, and frantically try to turn the ship, and it looks like it is going to miss, but shears off a huge hunk of ice that goes flying all over the deck (and Winslet and Dicaprio) while puncturing the compartments below -- awesomeness!
    BITTER and panic like this.

I'll take your word for it.
    Kittylady likes this.

Cameron would have done better to have let someone else write the screenplay...he's terrible at it. What he is good at is setting up scenes and meticulous attention to detail. And clever tricks to save money; a lot of the scenes of the Titanic's public rooms were shot using miniatures and blue screens. He was able to keep costs down in The Terminator, The Abyss and Aliens in similar ways. He's quite clever, but it doesn't make him a good script writer. But here we are, twenty years later, still talking about this movie...
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    For the love of God, people, it's a movie about a giant boat tipping over! All that stuff with the love story is just to allow you to have a bathroom break and get your snacks together. Sheesh.

Shelly, don't let these people deny you the pleasure of watching people fall three hundred feet only to land on top of another passenger who thought they were going to actually survive.
    Yes! it's a fabulous disaster. a 52-ton ocean liner that swipes an iceberg, starts flooding, the bow goes down as the other end comes up, the ship is bobbing like a cork with people going ballistic, of course there's not enough rowboats for all the passengers, the ship splits in two, people hanging off railings and plummeting into the freezing water below if they didn't hit a rudder on the way down that sends their bodies into a tail spin before plunging in. and this shit really happened to people, the romance part is fictional, but the horror isn't.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

The scenery and costuming are amazing. I'm a fan of the movie, but I can see the plot holes that others see. It is a fabulous disaster, like Panic says. One that has kept the public's interest for over 100 years. The blatant egotism and over-confidence (that the liner was invincible and unsinkable) is amazing.
    panic, BITTER and Sarzy like this.

John Wick. Freaking loved it because first Keanu and second loads of action and killing though I could have done without one of the killings.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information