Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1732
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    i'll watch anything with tilda swinton.
    Same here.

Watched Fences yesterday, I can't give an honest review as I dislike Denzel so much, and I hate his character in Fences too (although, I guess, we are supposed to) but VIOLA, give her the oscar already because this woman can Act! I loved Stephen Henderson
    panic likes this.

I fell off the Denzel train a while ago - he's a homophobe and allegedly mistreats his wife.
    gas_chick, Waterslide and dowcat like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Syrup!! interesting plot and Awesome acting!!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I fell off the Denzel train a while ago - he's a homophobe and allegedly mistreats his wife.
    And wasn't he the one raising a stink about how a white person shouldn't be kissing a black person in movies? That's never sat well with me either. I didn't know about the homophobe part, but it doesn't surprise me. He seems like an unpleasant man.

I do want to see Fences because I remember reading the play in college and I remember liking it a lot at the time.
    BITTER and Nevan like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Saving Private Ryan with my cubbies last night

Only thing I can say is, ain't no boy from Iowa during WW2 have teeth as perfect and white as Matt Damon. Da fug?
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    And wasn't he the one raising a stink about how a white person shouldn't be kissing a black person in movies? That's never sat well with me either. I didn't know about the homophobe part, but it doesn't surprise me. He seems like an unpleasant man.
    Until he had that sex scene with Milla Jojovich in He Got Game. He said that to appease the sisters. He's full of it.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Until he had that sex scene with Milla Jojovich in He Got Game. He said that to appease the sisters. He's full of it.
    If you're going to be racist/homophobic/asshole-y, just own it and stick to your guns. But of course actors won't do that and jeopardize their careers. You notice that it's usually the people with no careers to lose that are willing not to toe the party line, good or bad.
    BITTER likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Bitter - Did you ever see "The Mighty Quinn"? I think Denzel plays a police officer in Jamaica. There is a scene in the film where Mimi Rogers, in va-va-voomish Mimi Rogers prime, tries to seduce him, and he diplomatically turns her down flat. There was some serious whooping and cheering in the movie theater I was in when that happened.

I watched "The Darkness" on cable last night. It basically is a ripoff of Poltergeist. A nuclear family, a possessed house, and paranormal people hired to come in and get rid of the spirits. Anyway, Kevin Bacon stars and he looks terrible. Like he was left out in the sun too long or something. And Paul "Mad About You" Reiser plays his boss. Barely recognized him. Kind of bloated. That being said, Ming Na Wen, as Reiser's wife, looks amazing and ageless. So does Radha Mitchell as Bacon's wife. Alright, now that I'm doing being really superficial, the movie was okay. Predictable, Poltergeisty sequence of events, all the way to the ending.
    BITTER and panic like this.

i'm actually tempted to watch darkness now just to see if it lives up to that terrible review, lol. i did want to see it but the rating from imdb was so low, like a 4.3. scores that low are pretty rare.

i had no idea about denzel. this is gonna take a minute to sink in, update and re-program because i always liked the guy.

i love viola though. any time she talks about or mimics her husband, it's funny.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    i'm actually tempted to watch darkness now just to see if it lives up to that terrible review, lol. i did want to see it but the rating from imdb was so low, like a 4.3. scores that low are pretty rare.
    We have Fios for our cable service and when you are watching a movie, you can hit the Info button and one of the things will show is the Rotten Tomatoes score, along with something else. It has gotten to be a really entertaining that my kids and I do - which is to see a really bad movie and then race to the remote and see the terrible score that it got.

As an example, "The Darkness" got a 4% (!!!)

But the all-time worst is the TOTALLY POINTLESS remake of Cabin Fever that Eli Roth produced -- 0% And it deserves it. It is like a line-by-line remake of the film he did only 14 years ago. The set is exactly the same. You would almost swear you are watching the original movie, but you get this feeling that the cast is somehow different.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bitter - Did you ever see "The Mighty Quinn"? I think Denzel plays a police officer in Jamaica. There is a scene in the film where Mimi Rogers, in va-va-voomish Mimi Rogers prime, tries to seduce him, and he diplomatically turns her down flat. There was some serious whooping and cheering in the movie theater I was in when that happened.
    I remember that...and the ladies swallowed that hook, line and sinker. He's been linked with Julia Roberts AND Farrah Fawcett...so Denzel just be quiet. This movie is a guilty pleasure for my brother and I, mainly because of Esther Rolle as Ubu Pearl...for some reason that name gave us the chuckles...
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Nocturnal Animals. Found it superscary and I want all the clothes Amy is wearing in the movie. Jake has the prettiest eyes, pity he has the ugliest lips...

I hadnt' watched a movie by myself and not for work for the longest time (I do subtitles). Last film watched was Jon Favreau's Chef and I really liked it. A sweet little movie. Made me hungry even though I watched it full.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Nocturnal Animals ... I liked it, but it was a very strange and unique kind of movie. It scared me a bit also.

I finally watched all of The Legend of Tarzan. I've watched little bits and pieces of it since it's ALL over HBO right now, but never watched the whole thing. Which is weird, because I'm a huge Alexander Skarsgaard fan so usually I watch everything of his. I never liked this Disney movie before, and I think that was off putting to me. I had read multiple articles about how ... inappropriate? ... the story was, you know white man being the savior to the black Africans and that's not something I like to watch. This was a bit more tolerable. Samuel L. Jackson's character was great. They explained it in a more PC way this time, I think. And while I am impressed with ASkars tremendous work ethic into getting that body and learning some obviously vigorous fighting scenes, the only time I liked his character was when he was interacting with all his animal friends and all the scenes he had with Jane (love Margot Robbie). I think he's a very underrated actor but I don't think this was his best movie. I get that he's moving into a new phase of his career with bigger production movies. I'm just not sure he was the best fit for Tarzan.

Central Intelligence ... this movie was fun. I was never really into Dwayne Johnson until Furious 7 and San Andreas. He's good at comedy and this was a cute movie.

Elite Member

Hidden Figures - the story of 3 female African American geniuses and their contribution to the space program in the early 60s.

This movie is such an inspiration. It made me laugh, cry when reminded how hard it was for our black citizens to excel, and cry for joy when they were smarter than any of their male counterparts. The scene when Kevin Costner rips the 'colored only' sign from the women's bathroom spoke volumes. I loved it when he said, "Every NASA employee's pee is the same color."

The acting talent impeccable.

I was a young lass during this time, and it hurt my heart to be reminded how African Americans were not even given even the simplest respect or courtesy. However, it also showed how much we've progressed in demanding rights for all. I cannot imagine not sharing a break room coffee pot, or a mirror in the restroom. I can't imagine living in a world with separate lunch rooms. We have come a long way, but we still have a long journey ahead.

I hate racists. Does it make me a bigot?

This is a must see.

Thread Information