Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Elite Member

La La Land - that is all.

^ You have to say what you thought of it unless you want me to assume that you hated it too.
    Alysheba likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Getting through the nominated movies. First one: Hacksaw Ridge, Didn't like it at all. Super violent and super religious although very fitting when WW3 is waiting at our doorsteps.
    panic likes this.

I was on a mini binge last night ....

Jackie ... I can't stand the voice she used. Did Jackie really talk like Marilyn? I think this was actually based on real Jackie interviews that were not released until her death. There were a couple of split second graphic scenes, and I totally had tears. It was interesting and has gotten a lot of press. Natalie Portman was nominated for an Oscar for this role. I think anyone interested in that era would like this film. It got into what happened in that car as and right after JFK was hit and then really explained Jackie's reasoning behind having such a funeral pageant.

The Arrival .... I wasn't sure I was going to be able to watch this. I stay away from alien movies because I have an intense fear of aliens. When the alien walked out of the bush in Signs, I literally jumped and screamed and refused to watch the rest of the movie. But this movie was so different. Throughout the whole movie, Dr. Louise Banks is having visions. You don't know what they are, dreams, her past, her future. This movie was fascinating and very thought provoking. One of the best movies I've seen in a while. I totally believe that the only way this world will have peace is if some cataclysmic event happens, like alien invasion or a zombie apocalypse or a mutated virus, that threatens all mankind. Only then will we (and by we, I mean world leaders) work together as a human race to save us all.

The Girl on the Train .... I watched the first hour of this and then had to finally go to bed at 2:30am. I'm watching the rest of it today. I thought it was interesting so far.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

^^ Yes. Jackie really did speak in that whispery-y voice.
    Nevan likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ You have to say what you thought of it unless you want me to assume that you hated it too.
    Dang, I was hoping to slide on by. No, I didn't like it. I kept waiting for something to happen. Typical doomed romance movie, complete with pseudo cute male lead and extremely unattractive lead actress. However, it was colorful.

Last night I watched 'The Town' with Ben Affleck. I had seen it when it first released, years ago, and decided to re-watch. It's long but, dang it was a great view. The story of a group of Townies (Charlestown, MA) who rob banks and armored vehicles. They are successful and Mr. FBI Agent Jon Hamm can't seem to take them down. Affleck is an anti-hero, I wanted him to get away. A criminal with a heart, who knew?
    rollo and JazzyGirl like this.

Blue Is The Warmest Color - If you took out the French language, the sex, and lesbians having lots of said sex to the point it was actually boring, it would be just another romantic movie, and definitely did not need to be three hours long. I also failed to see what was controversial about it, but seem to remember there was a lot of controversy around it? Or am I making that up? And the girl who is not Lea Seydoux, bless her heart, needs to close her mouth and stop playing with her hair. Irritating AF.

And I guess I decided to make French movies the theme of the weekend, because I started Journey to Greenland. I only got halfway through, but it's sort of cute and funny and will try to finish it tomorrow. It's about two actors who visit Greenland to see one of their dads and hang out with the Inuit people.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Finding Dory. It was cute but no Nemo(Nemo is my favorite Disney movie).
    Bluebonnet and JazzyGirl like this.

Hidden Figures. Highly recommend it!
    Bluebonnet and JazzyGirl like this.
    -

A Cry in the Dark with Meryl Streep and Sam Neill. It was good. Didn't blow me over but it was good.
    Nevan likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^^ Omg, I just watched that last night. I can't remember what channel it was on, but I love Meryl in that movie. I've seen it multiple times. What a travesty that story was.

I tried watching War On Everyone, mostly because it had a booted and suited ASkars and I haven't seen him in anything in awhile. I got to about halfway and gave up. It was so stupid. If you like stupid dark comedies, this one is for you. ASkars is still beautiful.

I watched Arrival for a second time.

Tried watching La La Land. I don't know what it is about musicals that I just can't get in to. I love music and I love movies but together, it just makes me want to bang my head against the wall. The only one I can tolerate (and love) is the original Annie, but I think that's just a childhood thing. Wizard of Oz as well.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

the filth and the fury (2000) rockumentary of the sex pistols - sid vicious, johnny rotten, paul, steve and glen - with lots of unseen footage, some hilarious, but some i had to look away cause they would spit sometimes and it made me sick.

i watched it cause i like the movie 'sid and nancy' (1986), which is based on the true story. sid was played by gary oldman, nancy was played by monica from shameless, she was hilarious and i wanted to see how much of the movie was embellished. there were some differences in the rockumentary, like events that took place in the movie where sid and nancy were together whereas in the rockumentary the same events happened before sid and nancy were together.

in 'sid and nancy', they didn't show who, but it was implied that it was sid holding nancy outside a hotel window by her ankles and she was laughing and having a good time as she hung there, yelling "Sid! let me up!", but in the rockumentary, johnny said he tried everything in his power to get rid of nancy, even held her by the ankles outside a hotel window, but she just wouldn't go away.

johnny said the the one thing he was never able to do was get sid away from nancy. nancy was the one who turned sid on to heroin and he became a junkie like her. the band hated her for it, but johnny especially hated her because he and sid were close until she came along. he tried to steer sid away from her but sid didn't want to be steered away. i felt sorry for him when he said, "i lost my friend."

it was also look into the social/political history of london in the mid to late 70s, a struggling time for the working class, and examines how influential the band was at the time. there's also comments from the members of the band, except for sid, who died of a heroin overdose in 79, a few months after nancy's death.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

American Hustle. I couldn't stop laughing at Christian Bale's combover and how long it took him to fix it each morning! And Bradley Cooper's perm. LOL! It was an entertaining movie. Great soundtrack too. I want to get it.
    panic, JazzyGirl and funky_chicken like this.

Elite Member

Nocturnal Animals, with Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal. AA is so damn cute. I'm a chick and she makes me melt. Jake looked good in this one. But the not often shots of Armie Hammer made me tingle. Overall it was a decent suspense film. However, I will disagree with all those story analysts and say, Susan Morrow authored the book not Edward Sheffield. I'll even be crazy and say, Susan is Edward.

Lego Batman. Loved it. Will Arnett freaking slays me.
    panic likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information