Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1707
Like Tree1367Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

The Big Short. Didn't think I'd find it interesting but I did. Christian Bale is certainly good at playing oddballs.
    Alysheba and fgg like this.

Jack the Giant Slayer - it was OK.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Saw Sing on Christmas. It was cute.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Boyhood since it's available on Netflix. Cool concept. Goes on way too long though. And cute kids don't necessarily grow up to be good actors.
    panic likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Jack Reacher, never go back, was very loosely based on the book. I just couldn't get over Cruise's face. Gives pillow face a new meaning. Really bad.

Girl on a train, Liked it, found Emily Blunt fantastic
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elite Member

The Accountant - loved it, even though I want to punch Ben Affleck in the face. His portrayal of a high-functioning autistic was excellent. The girl in the movie, didn't know her, but I liked her.

Arrival - ugh, horrid and boring. Space squids.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age with Cate Blanchett. I don't know how that movie always slipped by me, but it did. I think it was better than the first one, which I did watch a few months ago. It mostly dealt with the affair of Bess Throckmorton and Sir Walter Raleigh and then as an after thought, the Spanish Armada.

ETA - What is with this site lately? I didn't even click post and posted without me finishing what I'm writing. It takes me ten minutes to write one post because the cursor flies all over the place, then deletes entire sentences.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

ETA - What is with this site lately? I didn't even click post and posted without me finishing what I'm writing. It takes me ten minutes to write one post because the cursor flies all over the place, then deletes entire sentences.
    I know! I've been trying to post about Astronaut Gene Cernan's death and it won't let me!
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Yeah, I don't know. I thought it was my home computer being over-sensitive, but I was having problems at work, too. And last night I couldn't really sign much of anything.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

La La Land. So overrated and the singing is dreadful.
    Beeyotch and dowcat like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

titles can be misleading sometimes but just hearing the name 'la la land' makes me think it will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Boyhood since it's available on Netflix. Cool concept. Goes on way too long though. And cute kids don't necessarily grow up to be good actors.
    that's what i said. it sounded like an interesting concept and people were talking about how good it was - but i remember i didn't care about what was happening, i kept waiting for it to get interesting because of its high rating but it never did and it was sooo long!
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Lala Land. I watched it because I miss L.A. and I kind of liked the movie musicals of the 50's/60's.

This was not that. At all. So, so mediocre and disappointing. Like, cringe-worthy bad. Heath Ledger singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" in 10 Things I Hate About You did it better.

I really, really wonder why it got so much critical praise. I want what those critics are smoking.
    rollo, dowcat and sputnik like this.

Food, Inc. I'm afraid to eat meat.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

burn after reading (2008) brad pitt, frances mcdormand, tilda swinton, john malkovich, george clooney

hilarious. i've never seen brad pitt act like a dumb jock, he was the funniest part of the movie and reinforces my opinion that he's a great actor. john malkovich also cracked me up this, i'm laughing now as i write this. george clooney, also funny.

the ratings weren't very high, but i really enjoyed it.
    Nevan, SHELLEE, palta and 1 others like this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

^^^ That was one of those movies that you go in thinking you're going to hate it, but it really was that funny.
    panic likes this.

Thread Information