Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

The Family Stone - right now.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night. Cute movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The Family Stone - right now.
    I hate that movie. It's so dark and depressing and uncomfortable.

I watched Man of Steel last night. Very good. Henry Caville is gorgeous.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^^I love it...Sarah Jessica Parker's character made me want the throttle her - she was so obnoxiously uptight.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Man from U.N.C.L.E. I liked it but didn't blow me away. Fun but not as fun as the Sherlock Holmes movies. The Superman guy is hot but not very charismatic. I kinda have a crush on the guy who played Ilya now (Armie Hammer?) and OMG Alicia Vikander again, blech. I still can't stand her but she was great dressed in mod fashion. Totally suits her.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Elf

The part with Peter Dinklage cracks me up every time.

"Does Santa know you left the workshop?"
    "He's an angry elf." ROFLMAO

They didn't show Elf this year! Dammit, it's our family's tradition to watch it and end up in laughing our butts off every time.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    "He's an angry elf." ROFLMAO

They didn't show Elf this year! Dammit, it's our family's tradition to watch it and end up in laughing our butts off every time.
    "He must be one of those south pole elves!" Where do you live? It was on FreeForm network several times.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I'm watching Arsenic and Old Lace. I watch every time it's on. One of my favorites.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    No one tumbles across the deck like Miss Shelley Winters.

You have no idea how much I love Shirley Shrift.

I wish someone would make me a compilation DVD of every talk show she was on. I saw this live - Shelley, Oliver Reed discussing Women's Liberation on Johnny Carson. Those were the days. Oliver Reed, a fine actor with an incredibly beautiful voice, who was behaving dignified and polished, watch what happens at 9:00 minutes.

Anyway, I saw LaLa Land with Gosling and Emma Stone. I think it needed a different director or should have been edited much better. I'm not really sure what the critics saw that I did not see, but that's what makes horse racing. I went to see it because the critics said to see it on a huge movie screen and it was like an old MGM musical. Emma Stone must have had some formal dance training because she moves like a dancer. I find her face very not attractive as I don't like my leading women looking quirky. Gosling moves naturally and makes a good dance partner. Being an MGM musical ho, I wondered if the costumer paid homage to Fred Astaire by putting both actors in brown and white wing tipped shoes for their quote unquote Dancing in The Dark number.

BITTER likes this.

Saw the documentary "Amy" about Amy Winehouse on TV the other night. So sad. And her father really is such an SOB, unbelievable.
    Sarzy likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Chalet, Shelley was one of the best character actresses EVAH!!!

Today and yesterday I watched the filmed version of Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill with Audra McDonald as Billie Holiday. She is spellbinding.

Loving how Shelley and Johnny give each other shade.

@ 09:00....get im Shells!!!
    He kinda had that shit coming!!!

My friend who worked at the Actor's Studio used to bring documents over for Shelley to sign because she was a lifetime board member. As time went on and Shirley couldn't move around so well, she put her bed in the living room. The housekeeper opens the door and Shirley calls to my friend, Come in, come over here, sit down, where are my glasses kind of thing. So she's sitting on the bed with Shirls.

Of course that doesn't compare to the time she walked in on a very stark naked right out of the shower Cloris Leachman, or when Morgan Fairchild was putting on her tank top with newly installed bolt ons. I got a million of her stories in my head. She was the manager at the Actor's Studio and she was the stage manager on many summer stock shows. I should write them out. Oy, she saw Harvey Keitel buck naked too. Why did she see so many disrobed actors? Because they had ZERO modesty.

They're so used to costume changes etc. I'm glad she didn't see Yul Brynner because we were told he wore his robe quite open in his dressing room. We worked at the concession stand when he was doing the King and I revival in the late 70s. She had to take 50 programs for him to sign every night. She would not have liked seeing Yul. You know he was um, well, you know, not small.

Elizabeth, or as it's known at our house 'I don't care it has been 19 years, Cate Blanchett was robbed!'
    BITTER likes this.

^^^ Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age are two of my favorite movies. I'm a Tudor nut and Elizabeth I is my favorite Tudor.

I caught Open Water a few minutes after it started on one of the pay channels tonight. It still freaks me out after all these years and is a ginormous fear of mine. What's even more terrifying is that it was based on a true story.

Thread Information