Page 81 of 116 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1732
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

^I haven't seen the movie or read the book, so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter, but I was bummed they changed the setting to the US. I guess I just don't see the point of it.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^I haven't seen the movie or read the book, so maybe my opinion doesn't really matter, but I was bummed they changed the setting to the US. I guess I just don't see the point of it.
    Because if audiences see a train going through a British neighborhood, they might be confused and think it's a Harry Potter sequel.
    Bluebonnet and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Girl On The Train. It was watchable with a nice twist. I haven't read the book but apparently it's a bit different (set in the US etc.)
    I'm so pissed because my sil got the book only to find out that the last paragraph is cut out. my friend is going to screen shoot it to me from her ipad.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Because if audiences see a train going through a British neighborhood, they might be confused and think it's a Harry Potter sequel.
    I wouldn't be surprised. They probably need subtitles for Bridget Jones, too.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Inferno. Didn't read the book, and to be honest wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't because I was invited. It was okay, if you have zero expectations I guess.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I had an argument with my daughter about it. The train journey filmed in the US was very scenic by a lake and fancy houses and it was more believable that setting would be found in the US (to me.) She didn't think so (but she was wrong!)
    Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I had an argument with my daughter about it. The train journey filmed in the US was very scenic by a lake and fancy houses and it was more believable that setting would be found in the US (to me.) She didn't think so (but she was wrong!)
    lol I hadn't thought about it that way in terms of realistic scenery. I always love to know what other places really look like by car or train. In the US, at least in my experience, you really can get a slow progression from fancy suburbs to urban setting. Now I'll have to read the book, then see the movie (or vice versa) and compare.
    ~Manx Mouse

Mascots. Wanted to like it but Guest's movies just have to have Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy to be truly memorable.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^I'm going to my nephews tonight to watch it. I'm sad that Eugene or Catherine are not in it.

Didn't end up going to the nephews, he watched it already and wasn't impressed. One of my favorites, the Devils rejects just was on. Such a great soundtrack.

Finally got around to watching Love & Friendship with Kate Beckinsale and Chloe Sevigny and the chick who played Mandy Milkovich on Shameless. I hated it. I love costume dramas and this one doesn't even have great costuming. I think it was meant to be a satire, but then the movie gets so bad I decided the main agenda of the writer and director was making fun of their audience. They tried way too hard to attempt wit and it doesn't work. Also, this is why I hate Rotten Tomatoes, because this movie has a 98% fresh rating over there. I must be watching a different movie from everyone else.

On the other hand, I found this weird, low-budget indie movie on Amazon called Black Field and I really enjoyed it. It's set in the 1870s and it's about these two sisters who live by themselves on a farm in the middle of Manitoba and take in a suspicious boarder. The cinematography was simple, but very beautiful. The plot was also simple, and maybe not perfect, but seems better than a lot of movies I've sat through lately. It made me wonder how scary it must have been to be all alone, living on a prairie back then, and how much tougher people in general had to be back then just to survive.
    ~Manx Mouse

The Purge. I like the idea itself of the movie, but the characters weren't really good, or say likeable to me. Kind of cartoony. I still kind of liked it.

Suicide Squad. I was disappointed. I am really into all Marvel, DC and whatnot movies and series and I don't have too high expectations but the storyline was just stupid. And I absolutely hated the Joker. Meh!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    The Purge. I like the idea itself of the movie, but the characters weren't really good, or say likeable to me. Kind of cartoony. I still kind of liked it.

Suicide Squad. I was disappointed. I am really into all Marvel, DC and whatnot movies and series and I don't have too high expectations but the storyline was just stupid. And I absolutely hated the Joker. Meh!
    I thought the Joker was super creepy. Harley Quinn is so gorgeous.

I watched The House at the end of the Street. Jennifer Lawrence is in it and I thought it was good with a good twist.
    gas_chick likes this.

I loved Harley Quinn, I also thought that the other characters were great. But not the Joker. I didn't buy the creepy he played.
    -

I agree that he doesn't stand up to the other jokers but he was yucky.

Thread Information