Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Secret Life of Pets, I watched it the day after my Mr. Kitty died. I should have waited.

I'm sorry about your Mr. Kitty. *hugs*
    Alysheba and panic like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Spread (2009) with Ashton Kutcher and Anne Heche...a hustler/gigolo who makes his living sleeping with wealthy older women in LA. Better than I thought it would be. A bit draggy 3/4 of the way through, but the ending was a bit of a shock.
    panic likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping...basically an extended SNL skit, but it did have some funny moments. Adam Sandler is a genius though.
    Bleaching Black Culture: About mainstream cultural misappropriation of black culture. Stuff like this always makes me angry, especially these days.
    panic likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Snowden. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was awesome. I wish I hadn't watched a nearly hour long interview on Democracy Now with Oliver Stone and JGL prior to seeing it. It kind of showed all the exciting parts. But we enjoyed it. Nic Cage plays a pretty unimportant part in the film, but I know he needs the work. lol.
    It is very pro Snowden and the real Snowden is even in the end of the film.

panic and Alysheba like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

X-Men: Apocalypse

Didn't like it. Too busy, often stupid and the bad guy was ridiculous at times. Just felt like a very aimless movie.
    palta likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Watched Lucy

I like Scarlet and think she managed to play a good lead, the story line had an interesting concept but not sure if I actually liked the film, there wasn't much to the story line.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    X-Men: Apocalypse

Didn't like it. Too busy, often stupid and the bad guy was ridiculous at times. Just felt like a very aimless movie.
    I agree. And Oscar Isaac came across more like a cranky old guy than a super-scary bad guy.

Dark Girls: documentary about colorism in America and how it affects black women, dark-skinned black women in particular. It almost made me cry, because some of the women were in tears talking about how their family and friends teased them for being dark skinned. Black men bragging about how they only like light-skinned girls. There were some brothers who, bless em, said that they preferred brown and dark skinned sisters. But the movie's subject matter - left me feeling prickly and unsettled.
    greysfang and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Dark Girls: documentary about colorism in America and how it affects black women, dark-skinned black women in particular. It almost made me cry, because some of the women were in tears talking about how their family and friends teased them for being dark skinned. Black men bragging about how they only like light-skinned girls. There were some brothers who, bless em, said that they preferred brown and dark skinned sisters. But the movie's subject matter - left me feeling prickly and unsettled.
    My first exposure to any of this as an issue (and obviously, because I was white) was in college when I watched Spike Lee's "School Daze". It was one of the central themes of the whole film and there was even a dance number and song addressing it (and hair). I also had a really cute African American classmate who told me that at one point she blurted out to her parents "Why am I so dark???" because everyone else in her family was pretty light-skinned by comparison - like she had been shortchanged in some way.
    panic and BITTER like this.

I think that's a great pic of ashton kutcher above.

A Beautiful Mind - 2001

This BLEW MY MIND. I had no idea it was a true story until it was over. We were still talking about it 20 minutes after it ended, the next day still bringing up little things we remembered about it. It's not often movies do that to you.

I wanna see snowden.
    JazzyGirl and holly like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    My first exposure to any of this as an issue (and obviously, because I was white) was in college when I watched Spike Lee's "School Daze". It was one of the central themes of the whole film and there was even a dance number and song addressing it (and hair). I also had a really cute African American classmate who told me that at one point she blurted out to her parents "Why am I so dark???" because everyone else in her family was pretty light-skinned by comparison - like she had been shortchanged in some way.
    It's not an easy topic because it touches so many soft points in our communities underbelly.

Neighbors 2 - it was OK, but the first one was better (naturally).
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Briefly, in the 1970s, when the "black is beautiful" trend was in vogue, you had dark-skinned beauties like Gloria Hendry, Judy Pace and a few others who had their moment in the sun, but like most trends, it sorta died out. I think that's why women like Lupita N'yongo and Gabrielle Union are so important.

Gloria:

Judy Pace:
    panic and MohandasKGanja like this.

Teresa Graves. I loved this show.

whitetigeress likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I agree. And Oscar Isaac came across more like a cranky old guy than a super-scary bad guy.
    Ahaha, I kept saying to the boyfriend "I just can't, he looks like Grumpy Cat!"

Last movie watched: Spectre

OMFG what an utter piece of crap!!!! I can't believe that after Skyfall they made this embarrassingly bad movie! I seriously felt awful for everyone in it.
    Lea Seydoux is hott as hell, though, wanna see her in something that doesn't suck!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thread Information