Page 77 of 116 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1732
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Flight 93

It wasn't the type of movie one would watch for entertainment purposes but the acting was well done, including the ones who played the terrorists.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; September 12th, 2016 at 10:40 AM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Flight 93

It wasn't the type of movie one would watch for entertainment purposes but the acting was well done, including the ones who played the terrorists.
    That was a RIVETING movie. The sense of dread while watching everyone get on the plane was incredibly palpable. No music added. A lot like a documentary.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That was a RIVETING movie. The sense of dread while watching everyone get on the plane was incredibly palpable. No music added. A lot like a documentary.
    Yes, it was riveting. I still cry when I think of all of the airplane passengers on all the planes that day, when they realized what was going to happen.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; September 12th, 2016 at 12:48 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Yes, it was riveting. I still cry when I think of all of the airplane passengers on all the plane that day, when they realized what was going to happen.
    Yeah, talking to loved one's on the phone - basically saying - "I love you - goodbye, forever." Very tough. I get the same feeling with "Incredibly Close and Extremely Loud". But not Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center" because those guys came out alive. There is a third movie about people who actually got out of the building through all kinds of desperate turns - I can't remember the name of it now, though.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Sully

It was much better than I expected! I ended up with a small fear of flying now, that scene where we see the passengers being told to brace is just too scary. I'm flying next month and I hope I will be over it by then. The film is highly recommended. Tom Hanks was amazing!
    Tom was great. And Sully also made a movie portraying Tom Hanks. Tom was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel and they brought Sully out as a surprise and showed Tom a clip from the movie starring Sully that portrayed Tom's life.

MohandasKGanja, dowcat and msdeb like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

^^ rotfl!!!^^^

Anderson Cooper's documentary on his mom Gloria Vanderbilt. Living proof that money doesn't always buy happiness. She really laid it all out on the table - everything. So did he.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

OMG, that's 5 hours of my life I'm never getting back. (ok, wasn't actually 5 hours but it sure felt that way) A bloated confusing mess. I'd heard it was bad but had no idea how bad!!!! I loved Jeremy Irons' Alfred though, he was the only ray of sunshine in this crapfest.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Anderson Cooper's documentary on his mom Gloria Vanderbilt. Living proof that money doesn't always buy happiness. She really laid it all out on the table - everything. So did he.
    That was so good, it was over like that. What an interesting woman, seriously. I was hanging on everything she said. I really watched it to see Anderson but his mother stole the show without even trying.
    BITTER likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Yep. Probably the only person in the whole world.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Word. And what's with finishing a question with an exclamation point instead of a question mark?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    That was so good, it was over like that. What an interesting woman, seriously. I was hanging on everything she said. I really watched it to see Anderson but his mother stole the show without even trying.
    And her makeup woman made her look amazing - she easily took 30 years off.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Silver Linings Playbook. I don't get the big hype over it but it was OK.
    Nevan and JazzyGirl like this.

Blair Witch. Slightly better than the original movie because there was more action and didn't make you wait to the very end.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Secret Life of Pets, I watched it the day after my Mr. Kitty died. I should have waited.

Brooklyn - a nice romantic drama set in the 1950s.
    panic likes this.

Thread Information