Page 66 of 116 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

^jesus...

Had a lazy movie day over the weekend. Watched---

Hiroshima Mon Amour---SO excited to have finally seen it, loved it.

Badlands. Fucking loved it, I officially love Terrence Malick, I need to see more of his films.

La Notti Blanche. It was nice, mostly made great by the actors. Marcello was gorgeous.

Insomnia, the Stella Skarsgaard original. Eh. It was okay.
    yanna likes this.

Took the kids to see finding dory, it was okay

Bronze Member

I watched The Conjuring 2....The end was not so horrifying like in part 1.

Captain America: Civil War

Holeee Crap, i loved it. went full on Marvel retard. I hate how long we'll have to wait to see some resolution to how the movie ended things!

So glad I caught it at the cinema but then we saw it at home too. The kid saw the big battle scene in the airport and he went nuts and started jumping around in the living room, sticking his wrists out and making web throwing sounds. He looooves Spiderman. Also liked the bit where Ant Man threw that tiny truck. He started throwing his own trucks and making kaboom sounds.

I think I want to do a Marvel rewatch now. Not all the movies though. I'll skip The Hulk, no interest in Edward Norton's Hulk, the second Thor was kinda meh and not sure abt Iron Man 2 and 3 but I'll probably watch them anyway. I loooove Tony Stark. And I still haven't seen Ant Man and I must, loved him in Civil War. Not sure if I'll see that first or rewatch the Winter Soldier. Might end up as a puddle on the floor. I can't believe I'm lusting after a character named Bucky!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Night Watch and the sequel Day Watch. Russian supernatural kind of movies about good versus evil and the end of the world and all that and I loved them. Mostly because of the way the Russian culture/perception made this an enjoyable surprise. It made the same old good versus evil apocalypse story seem new and fresh. I recommend if the genre interests you. They're streaming on prime.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yanna, Ant-Man is great. It's such a fun movie to watch and has some fun cameos as well
    dowcat and tulip like this.

Saw Love and Friendship this week. Loved. Lady Susan is so naughty.
    Last edited by Fran2; June 24th, 2016 at 12:03 AM. Reason: typo

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Tina Fey)... Beyond boring. I heard the book was a lot better, but I really should learn my lesson with Fey
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

cloud atlas. didnt love it or hate it but dear God 3 hours!!!!!!
    BITTER likes this.

Watched Angry Birds, it was adorable!
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

fgg

the fundamentals of caring with paul rudd on netflix. we woke up before 6 AM on saturday so we were just looking for anything to watch to pass time and it turned out to be really cute!
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

'Nightcrawler' with Jake Gyllenhaal. A masterful performance by Jakie boy. I'm still wondering why he wasn't nominated for an Oscar and won.

'Bad Country' with Willem Defoe, Matt Dillon, and Tom Berenger. Excellent crime investigative movie set in the 1980s in Louisiana. Defoe can do no wrong. Dillon played an excellent contract killer antihero. Berenger always plays the best asshole. He hasn't aged well. He was such a cutie in 'Major League' and 'Someone to Watch Over Me'. It was nice to see Defoe and Berenger together again. I wondered if Elias would get his revenge against Barnes.

^^ I missed a Matt Dillon movie? Thanks. Time to look for it...

I'd never heard of Anton Yelchin but he seemed so familiar to me. If you have Showtime, I recommend "5 to 7" with Yelchin. His parents were perfectly cast - Glenn Close and Frank Langella were terrific as his Jewish parents. I got sadder and sadder as I watched because he was so darling and such a wonderful, wonderful actor. He reminded me of a young Jack Lemmon for some reason. He had such a lovely screen quality. Sweet and compelling. It's about a young man who has an affair with a married woman. The movie was good enough, it kept me interested.
    gas_chick likes this.

an unfinished life with Josh Lucas, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez

I liked it. Even though JLo plays the same type of character in any movie she's in, she was still decent.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    'Nightcrawler' with Jake Gyllenhaal. A masterful performance by Jakie boy. I'm still wondering why he wasn't nominated for an Oscar and won.
    Couldn't agree more about Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler! He was insanely good and soooo creepy. I also really liked the guy who played Rick (Riz Ahmed)

I rewatched Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Such a great movie! I had forgotten so much about it, it's weird. I couldn't remember anything that happened. Maybe I first watched it half asleep, or something. I also liked the direction in action scenes a lot more than in Civil War. It's the same directors, not sure what changed... Here's a great running scene with the Captain going all parkour like and blasting through doors:

Oh, man, I have it bad. I've gone full on fangirl at 40!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thread Information