Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Selena on VH1. it's lasting for freaking EVER because there is a commercial every ten minutes. but i still like it.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Whiplash. I loved, loved, loved it. J.K Simmons deserved his Oscar, and obviously I adore Miles Teller so that made it even better.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Sleeping Beauty (orignal disney version) on ABC Family Channel

Pinkii and Clubber Lang like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

30th Anniversary screening of The Breakfast Club. They showed a retrospective before it started. It still gets me every time. Love this move.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    30th Anniversary screening of The Breakfast Club. They showed a retrospective before it started. It still gets me every time. Love this move.
    I remember what a force of nature Judd Nelson was in the movie. Really full of rage and chewing the scenery.

History of Violence was on last night. It's hyper violent and has more than a few unrealistic plot developments. But it also has Maria Bello, which overrules all the deficiencies.

^^I believe there is a full frontal shot of Viggo too, which is totally worth it.
    gas_chick and MohandasKGanja like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Our artist friend brought over Robert Williams; Mr. Bitchin' it was incredible. We own a couple of his pieces and for all the art/pop culture fans out there it is so worth the watch!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    History of Violence was on last night. It's hyper violent and has more than a few unrealistic plot developments.
    I have this recorded so thanks for the warning.

But it also has Maria Bello, which overrules all the deficiencies.
    Oh, then it's all good.

Grand Budapest Hotel: It's got 4 stars and I heard all the hype. I'm sure it's very good if I would've given it a chance. But I couldn't past 15 minutes of it and lost interest. Maybe I'll try again someday.

The Calling with Susan Sarandon and Donald Sutherland. I love Susan and I stuck with it, but if I knew how much it was gonna suck I wouldn't have watched it. I don't like Donald Sutherland.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

High Noon and Of Human Bondage. Of Human was pretty good, Bette Davis was obviously great. High Noon was just fantastic, however upsetting it was to watch Grace Kelly looking so beautiful while I was un-showered for the third day in a row wearing a stained t-shirt and eating half my fridge.

Chappie: I loved this movie. I'm a sucker for kid like robots in movies, so this was perfect. I was the only sap in the freakin theater snivvling like a bitch with a skinned knee. It was Johnny 5 Alive-ish for me. What I did hate was Hugh Jackman's fucked up mullet. Dear God that was pure shite. Otherwise, I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I have this recorded so thanks for the warning.
    I just checked the review for the movie and they are really high. 7.5 on IMDB. 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. And I really can't figure it out.

^^^Yeah, it has 3 out of 4 stars on my tivo info so I recorded it but it's not uncommon for me to disagree with reviews. So now I'm even more interested to see how it turns out.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Is it wrong to say that the last one was the 30th anniversary edition of "The Breakfast Club?" Because, nostalga.
    gas_chick and dksnj like this.

What's Love Got To Do With It

I end up watching this everytime it comes on. Laurence Fishburn totally WAS Ike Turner:

You better sing that song like I told you, Anna Mae!!!!
    Clubber Lang and Pinkii like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^^ Great flick.

I just checked the review for the movie and they are really high. 7.5 on IMDB. 87% on Rotten Tomatoes. And I really can't figure it out.
    I've actually already seen this but didn't remember any of it until the sex scene on the stairs, that looked familiar, but mostly not a memorable movie. The story doesn't explain why his brother wanted to kill him. Tom/Joey came from violent, criminal beginnings and I guess his brother's got a score to settle over something from back then.

Maybe it got decent ratings cause the family was likable, the way the son handled the bully at school was clever and funny, it made you root for him and it was good to see a bully eventually get his ass kicked. Ed Harris' character was interesting, with his sickening milky eye, scarface and pissed off attitude but the plot was still weak.

Thread Information