Page 49 of 116 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Danish Girl.
    I was so moved by Reydmane's performance. God as much as I love Leo, I truly believe Eddie deserves another oscar for this movie. It was so touching and delicate, a truly beautiful movie.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Revenant. If you want to spend 2 hours and 36 minutes close up on Leo's bearded frozen face while you listen to him grunt, this is the film for you!

Yeah, I was bored. The story has some heart (the father / son relationship), beautiful scenery and good acting (Leo and Hardy) but as someone above pointed out, it's predictable, the usual tropes and sloooooooooowwwww. The pace does reinforce the story line so I guess artistically that works but I just got fidgety. There is a lot of gore so that wakes you up.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Bronze Member

Default New X-Files, what did you think?

I loved it, though I'm a long-time X-Files geek! It was a bit slow going, but overall...but I wanna know how they're going to explain some returns, like Cancer Man...the dude took a missile to the face, for crying out loud! ALIEN DNA!!!!!! Skinner still looks great, though Mulder and Scully look a bit weary (well, after all they've been through!), but still awesome! And I can't wait for tomorrow night!
    greysfang likes this.

Free Charmed.

Requiem for a Dream: This movie always makes me feel like I just went through something traumatic. Ellen Burstyn was magificent in this...talk about robbed.
    Last edited by BITTER; January 25th, 2016 at 10:08 AM.
    rollo, witchcurlgirl and panic like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

The Imitation Game - very good movie. Cumberbatch was great. Knightley was great. Dance was his usual stodgy, dyspeptic self. Fascinating and sad storyline.

Mad Max Fury Road - enjoyable, but really, really, really over the top with the special effect and props. Basically, a live-action comic book. I think Hardy and Theron would have made a very hot couple. Zoe Kravitz looked gorgeous. Nicholas Hoult put in an awesome performance - I would have never known it was him if I hadn't been reading the cast list. Pretty cool to see Hugh Keays-Byrne make a triumphant reappearance after starring at the head bad guy in the first Mad Max.

Walk Among the Tombstones - this is a Liam Neeson crime suspense with Neeson doing his usual Neeson thing. He's a loner, disillusioned, etc. Gets hired by a drug guy to find out who killed his wife. Finds out other women had been abducted and killed, too. Very, very grim and storyline, which strains credibility at several parts, but still fun to watch. Probably the best part about the movie was finding out about Dan Stevens - REALLY good actor. I was very surprised to see that he was Lancelot in the last "Night at the Museum". Even Mark Consuelos was good in this.

Yeah Dan Stevens is a good actor but he also knows it....
    Free Charmed.

"Far from the Madding Crowd" - we were flipping channels and this happened to be starting. I never read the book or saw the movie before, but it was very enjoyable. It was the version with Carey Mulligan. I was very impressed with Mulligan and thought she was great in the role. Mrs. Mohandas was totally into that guy Matthias Shoenaerts, who was really good, too. I totally didn't recognize Juno Temple at all - also had no idea she was British. When I saw Michael Sheen, I told Mrs. Mohandas, "Hey, that's Michael Sheen. Do you know who his girlfriend is? Sarah Silverman!" And she just looked at me like "Why in the world would I care about that???" Great, romantic ending.
    BITTER likes this.

I thought The Revenant was one of the best movies I have seen in years. I found it totally absorbing. Leo deserves all the awards he is going to get for a very tough role.

I also saw The Big Short and that is bloody scary.
    Alysheba and sputnik like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Bronze Member

Bowfinger. The last time Eddie Murphy or Steve Martin were actually funny. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Dee123 View Post
    I love this movie.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"Joyride" - with Paul Walker, Steve Zahn, and Leelee Sobieski. Basically, Walker has a crush on Sobieski and offers her a ride from school to home and hopes that they'll get closer. On the way to pick her up, however, Walker picks up his brother (Zahn), a born troublemaker who had been in jail on a minor charge. While they are heading to pick up Sobieski, Zahn plays a trick on a trucker, and it leads to a relentless stalking by the trucker. It has elements of "Duel" and "The Hitcher", but it is pretty good mindless, escapist fun. Zahn is particularly good.
    SHELLEE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Revenant. If you want to spend 2 hours and 36 minutes close up on Leo's bearded frozen face while you listen to him grunt, this is the film for you!

Yeah, I was bored. The story has some heart (the father / son relationship), beautiful scenery and good acting (Leo and Hardy) but as someone above pointed out, it's predictable, the usual tropes and sloooooooooowwwww. The pace does reinforce the story line so I guess artistically that works but I just got fidgety. There is a lot of gore so that wakes you up.
    Thank you for this review and for the gore word.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Far from the Madding Crowd" - we were flipping channels and this happened to be starting. I never read the book or saw the movie before, but it was very enjoyable. It was the version with Carey Mulligan. I was very impressed with Mulligan and thought she was great in the role. Mrs. Mohandas was totally into that guy Matthias Shoenaerts, who was really good, too. I totally didn't recognize Juno Temple at all - also had no idea she was British. When I saw Michael Sheen, I told Mrs. Mohandas, "Hey, that's Michael Sheen. Do you know who his girlfriend is? Sarah Silverman!" And she just looked at me like "Why in the world would I care about that???" Great, romantic ending.
    Please see the original (if you haven't). Julie Christie and Terrence Stamp, too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I love this movie.
    The crossing the highway scene. Peeing time!

MINDHEAD

I have Trumbo, Spotlight and Straight Out of Compton queued up.

I just watched Straight Out of Compton this afternoon. I really liked it. Awesome sound track, natch.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

[QUOTE=Chalet;3430051
    Please see the original (if you haven't). Julie Christie and Terrence Stamp, too much.
    [/QUOTE]

I just looked it up. Totally makes sense that Stamp was Troy.

Thread Information