Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Thumbs up

The Hateful 8 it was gory as all get up, but oh so freaking awesome. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    "screen presence of a yield sign"
    LOL He really was too bland for the part, same with Jamie Gertz.

I did tear up during that part, but only because RDJ did such a great job in the film .
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The weak link in the film is Andrew McCarthy. He's such a cipher of an actor with the screen presence of a yield sign. But the scene in the convertible driving back from Palm Springs is heartbreaking. I think it was the camera shot and the haunting music. It made me tear up, it did. The only other movie from the 80s that can do that to me is The Color Purple.
    Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    I didn't know there was a movie based on the book! I'm going to watch this soon.
    I worked in a video store when this came out on tape and people were surprisingly obsessed with it for a small film. In retrospect, and my memory may be a little faulty, but it kind of presaged the trouble that Downey would get into in real life a few years later. Bitter is right about McCarthy - kind of inexplicable how many times he got cast in major films. Gertz was one of my favorite actresses from the 80s - all the way from Square Pegs, through Cross Road, and Lost Boys.
    BITTER likes this.

Yeah, Jamie's a so-so actress. But God, she looked hot in this movie.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

The new Star Wars.
    Loved it. Accepted it with all flawes, true fangrl style
    ikmccall and Honeythorn like this.

Crimson Peak. I forgot all about this movie, sorry Tom! Visually I loved it. Very Edgar Allen Poe to me. Of course, Hiddles delivers the charm and I got to see his bare ass. The plot itself was predictable. That was disappointing. It wasn't scary but there were one or two moments of gore that made me cringe.
    gas_chick likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elf just started on cable. Another reminder of my mom: we both laughed ourselves silly each time we watched it. It's late, but my vacation has started and I'm going to watch it and pretend mom is watching it with me (I hope I don't laugh too loudly cos everybody else still needs to get up early).
    BITTER likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Fatal Obsession

A brand new, totally, completely guilty pleasure Lifetime movie with Tracy Nelson and Eric Roberts. Twist ending and all!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Fatal Obsession

A brand new, totally, completely guilty pleasure Lifetime movie with Tracy Nelson and Eric Roberts. Twist ending and all!
    I watched this also as this is the season of silly, yet guilty pleasure Lifetime movies. Poor Eric Roberts didn't have much of a part though dammit.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I am putting this in here even though its a Netflix series and there is a Netflix thread because I am guessing not everyone reads that thread and this is awesome viewing. It really is a great watch, filmed over 10 years If I remember right.

"Making a Murderer" doco series. This is a 10 part series, it is great viewing if you like to watch true crime. You can find it online.

The Force Awakens. Man, it pissed me off. As a HUGE fan of Star Wars I was thrilled to see they remained true to the original trilogy but the story line was rushed and full of holes. They could have taken two of the main characters and made an entire movie that invests time in each. Instead it was truncated and treated a huge moment with a beloved character as an after-thought. Pissed me off.

The Ridiculous 6-Adam Sandler, Terry Crews, Taylor Lautner, Jorge Garcia and the usual Adam Sandler players. I can only take Sandler in small doses. This movie was funny as hell. Full of dick and fart type gags. It took me almost half the movie to realize that the super idiot brother was played by Lautner. He had me rollin. He played that character to the fullest. This movie was kinda like a Million Ways to Die in The West. I liked it, kept me and the Mr. entertained. I'm excited to finally see Star Wars tomorrow.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Now you see me (2013)

A bunch of illusionists rob banks. But keep no money. Apparently. Something like that. I'd really like to forget I saw that movie, it was one of the most stupid films and complete waste of concentrated talent I have ever seen.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

We finally saw Star Wars. I thought it was very entertaining. I didn't think too much about plot holes. Except for the fact, and this was pretty annoying, that Darth Vader had a very specific reason for wearing a mask (some kind of breathing apparatus after he had his lava bath). While there was no discernible reason for Kylo Ren to be wearing a mask.

ETA - I loved John Boyega. I think he is a great, natural actor. I also liked all the funny lines written into the script.

Now you see me (2013)
    A bunch of illusionists rob banks. But keep no money. Apparently. Something like that. I'd really like to forget I saw that movie, it was one of the most stupid films and complete waste of concentrated talent I have ever seen.
    I did see this. I didn't like it that much because Jessie Eisenberg, in particular, seemed pretty smug, so it was hard to root for them as protagonists. I like Mark Ruffalo, though, so that kind of countered it. By the way, I just saw on IMDB that there is going to be a sequel to this in 2016, so brace yourself, Yanna
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; December 30th, 2015 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    We finally saw Star Wars. I thought it was very entertaining. I didn't think too much about plot holes. Except for the fact, and this was pretty annoying, that Darth Vader had a very specific reason for wearing a mask (some kind of breathing apparatus after he had his lava bath). While there was no discernible reason for Kylo Ren to be wearing a mask.
    And he keeps taking it off !
    Seriously, that annoyed the shit out of me, if you decide to wear a mask, stick with it for Christ's sake, don't just put it on and off all the time !
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    And he keeps taking it off !
    Seriously, that annoyed the shit out of me, if you decide to wear a mask, stick with it for Christ's sake, don't just put it on and off all the time !
    I think the other thing that was kind of strange was that despite being in a sweaty, warm mask all day, when he takes it off he has beautifully puffed-out Farrah Fawcett hair.

I'm not sure why people were so down on Carrie Fisher's performance. It's like 40 years later. People get old, although Harrison Ford looked pretty spry running around.

Thread Information