Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Like Tree1367Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Idiocracy - it was on yesterday morning while I was making breakfast, so I was kind of distracted. Luke Wilson plays and average in every way Army dude who is in some kind of cryostasis experiment, along with Maya Rudolph. And then they forget about him. He is revived 500 years later, and America is on autopilot and everyone is as dumb as a rock. Making Wilson the smartest person in the world. There were so many silly/funny lines and sight gags. I was laughing constantly. Terry Crews was great as President Camacho. Later on, I found out that Mike Judge was the creator of the movie, which made sense.

Schindler's List - the first time I ever watched it was last night. I was reading along on Schindler's Wiki entry as I watched. Mrs. Mohandas came home late and was asking about the movie, and I couldn't even keep it together while describing aspects of what happened.

No Country for Old Men - I love it. I've watched it a bunch of times and watch it every time it comes on cable. Everybody gave a great performance in that film, but Javier Bardem owned every scene.
    BITTER, sputnik and panic like this.

Burnt with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller.

I'm all about the food industry, having worked and managed fine dining restaurants, and I did enjoy watching parts of it because it really is as crazy and chaotic as it shows it to be, but I'll be honest, it wasn't that good and I don't see how anyone who hasn't worked in that industry would ever enjoy the film, unless they love them some Bradley Cooper (which I do). I don't think it was even with making.

And, Sienna Miller is not an attractive girl, and what she wore during most kitchen scenes was highly inappropriate. Tanks with boobs practically hanging out and underarm/arms exposed - unacceptable. I would have fired her just for that.

Idiocracy, I recorded that for my boys, and they thought it was hilarious.

Pixels, thoroughly enjoyed. Had the attention of everyone in the house. Redbox money well spent.

Magic Mike XXL, ugh, don't bother. It's like renting a football movie and then only getting a football scene during the last 10 mins of the movie. And a crappy scene at that. Rebox money wasted.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Caught "Catch Me if You Can". I still find the story fascinating and it is well acted by Hanks and DeCaprio.

"Pitch Perfect 2". I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the humor was more forced, and there were things we had definitely seen before, just reworked a bit
    MohandasKGanja, panic and Jazzy like this.

Watched part of a movie my husband was watching called "Final Girl". A young girl (Abigail Breslin) loses her parents, and she is trained to defend herself at all costs by the man who takes her in. Had never heard of it, but it's apparently a new release from this year:

Final Girl (2015) - IMDb

Funny People with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen. Sandler plays a famous stand up comedian turned actor and is dealing with a life threatening illness but tells no one. He hires Rogen to be his assistant and write stand up for him and keep his secret of his illness. It's funny in parts and heartbreaking in others.

Directed by Judd Apatow.
    panic and msdeb like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Bronze Member

Watched "Steve Jobs", mostly because my friend wanted to go and I was interested to see how Aaron Sorkin handled the material. The answer to that is not as well as he has in the past, I was cringing a bit when the beats were off. The man can write but is not functioning as well as he did previously. If you really want to know about Steve Jobs, the Iverson bio based on many hours of interviews with him and others close to him is the way to go. However, for an authentic view of Jobs read Mona Simpson's "A Regular Guy". She is a superb writer and Jobs' biological sister. They met as adults but she was one of the few people who was let into his world. (She wrote "Anywhere But Here" abou her growing up with their mother.) All you lovely people will be enlightened by the first sentence in which she states Jobs (or whatever is his alias is in the book) "was a man who never flushed a toilet." Also, he apparently always parked in handicapped zones - feet of clay, perhaps.
    Oh, the movie ? Wait for it on tv. B - B+ maybe due to no zombies, car crashes, etc.

Been on a movie watching binge during our spring heatwave.

Annie - the 2014 version with Jamie Foxx and that adorable little Q girl. I'd never seen the musical or the original and it was lame but cute. Yes I sang along.

Fifty Shades of Shit - my god this was bad. Luckily I haven't read the books and I've heard that the movie cuts out a ton of the really awful dialogue, but it was laughable. Can't wait for the sequel! My favourite part - after their boring back and forth about her signing the paperwork, and finally she says "so are we going to make love now?" And he leans in and says "I don't make love. I fuck - hard". Then proceeds to have vanilla non-spanky sex the first like, six times.

Love Rosie - cute British film starring Lily Collins who wasn't even on my radar but is just adorable. The guy who played her best friend/love interest wasn't quite as appealing but I still enjoyed it.
    Jazzy likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I watched my wife and daughter watch the remake of "Carrie". Because seeing their reactions was more entertaining than the movie itself. My daughter, in particular, had a look of existential dread on her face....
    panic and msdeb like this.

^haha

Interesting that you've not seen Schindler's List until now. The only person I know who's never seen it is my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Caught "Catch Me if You Can". I still find the story fascinating and it is well acted by Hanks and DeCaprio.
    It is fascinating. Loved the flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Funny People with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen. Sandler plays a famous stand up comedian turned actor and is dealing with a life threatening illness but tells no one. He hires Rogen to be his assistant and write stand up for him and keep his secret of his illness. It's funny in parts and heartbreaking in others.

Directed by Judd Apatow.
    Sounds like something I might wanna check out.

The last flick I saw was The Others but I stopped watching it because I saw it on Sundance and didn't realize that channel had commercials. I'll wait to see it uninterrupted. That flick is creepy and I love it.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

"Catch me if you Can" - WAY before I saw the movie, a coworker had given me an audiotape where Frank Abagnale himself narrates his book, and I could barely believe what I was hearing. I love the movie. Really poignant that what started Abagnale off was his inability to emotionally handle his parents' divorce. I think my favorite scene is where Hanratty (Hanks) catches Abagnale (Dicaprio) in a factory in France and tries to talk to him and tells him the place is surrounded. And Dicaprio thinks he's full of crap and runs out side and is almost gets blasted before Hanks intervenes.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

My son and i watched the new "vacation" movie. The Griswalds. I enjoyed it. A cameo by norman reedus and a few others. It was really funny. The little brother was hilarios.
    Jazzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    ^haha

Interesting that you've not seen Schindler's List until now. The only person I know who's never seen it is my mother.

It is fascinating. Loved the flick.

Sounds like something I might wanna check out.

The last flick I saw was The Others but I stopped watching it because I saw it on Sundance and didn't realize that channel had commercials. I'll wait to see it uninterrupted. That flick is creepy and I love it.
    My mother also hasn't seen Schindler's List (or many other things that she finds upsetting). She informs herself and then decides that she just doesn't want to watch something upsetting, scary or disturbing - fair enough. But I spent a lot of my adolescence watching things with my dad with my mom hiding upstairs, my younger brother doing his own thing, and my dad pausing and fleshing out details and explaining things to me as necessary. We watched Silence of the Lambs like that, and he took me to see Schindler's List in the theatre, actually, with a lot of debriefing afterwards and - I think - a rewatch on video cassette with pause capability. I think I was around eleven. I felt so smart, grown-up, and trusted by him.
    panic likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Ex Machina. It's a really great scifi without all the normal scifi trappings. Great small cast and great story shot beautifully with lots of majestic scenes of Norwegian nature.
    rollo likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Catch me if you Can" - WAY before I saw the movie, a coworker had given me an audiotape where Frank Abagnale himself narrates his book, and I could barely believe what I was hearing. I love the movie. Really poignant that what started Abagnale off was his inability to emotionally handle his parents' divorce. I think my favorite scene is where Hanratty (Hanks) catches Abagnale (Dicaprio) in a factory in France and tries to talk to him and tells him the place is surrounded. And Dicaprio thinks he's full of crap and runs out side and is almost gets blasted before Hanks intervenes.

The kids loooove this movie. My daughters favourite scene (of any movie ever seen) is where he pretends to be a teacher and had Parents teacher meetings!

I saw Love Sick. bad and boring, the only reason I kept watching was because I was on a flight and hoped i would fall asleep.

Thread Information