Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Twlight Saga - Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - I saw about 20 minutes of this while getting dressed this morning. I've never seen more than about 10 minutes of any particular Twlight movie, but this one was really out there, even by Twilight standards. The part I saw was where Reneesmee (Renesmee???) the devil child of Edward and Bella is being introduced to seemingly all the magical creatures of the world, so that they will know she's not actually evil. Even though this evidence consists of Renesmee giving off an evil stare while the other person reads her mind. The best part is where the magical spirits of the Amazon, who look just like a less blue version of the Na'vi. Anyway, the introductions go on so long it's like reading "Numbers" from the Old Testament.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I rewatched Notes On A Scandal. Damn, Dame Judi tore it up. This movie holds up so well.
    nwgirl and Brando like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Fault In Our Stars...it reminded me of Dawson's Creek - implausible dialogue spoken by teens, as if they are all-knowing old souls. But Shalene Woodley was good. So was Ansel Elgort, though he is odd-looking.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Julie and Julia. Meryl Streep was beyond perfect as Julia Child! And Stanley Tucci, of course as her husband Paul was divine!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

"Facing Ali" - documentary about Muhammad Ali by the fighters who had faced him. I didn't get to watch the whole thing but I loved it and was transfixed by it. Some very insightful, thoughtful comments by boxers like Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, Ron Lyle, and especially George Foreman. Foreman seemed to come off especially well -- it was amazing to contrast his persona at the time he fought Ali with how he is today. Also, it was a huge contrast with the downward spiral that Ali's (and Norton's) health has taken. Larry Holmes looked like he had barely aged since he retired - I totally saw him in a new light.
    BITTER and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Grudge Match with Sylvester Stallone and Robert DeNiro. it wasn't that bad, but i had to blast the sound because of Stallone's mumbling.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

Finally saw "Birdman" - yeah, I know, I know. Did not want to like it as I was enchanted by "Boyhood" but wow, I was blown away ! What a thrilling madcap wonder of a film it was ! So funny, unexpected and the production values were exquisite. So, I am eating crow, hat, shoe whatever - do not miss this one whilst it's still on the big screen.

Lucy. I fell asleep half way through and up until this moment, forgot all about it.

klute. a nice little thriller, Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland were top notch. It's worth seeking out.
    BITTER and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Housebound. A funny horror movie that actually scared me a lot, it had more horror than humor which I liked (though my tolerance for horror is low so that may just be me!). Very cute, and had a nice balance of humor and horror.
    Last edited by Brah; March 5th, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Laid to Rest - A girl wakes up in a coffin only to find out a serial killer is after her. Pretty gory, right up my ally.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Just watched "When we were kings". Oh, the gloriously gorgeous Muhammad Ali, sigh.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Interstellar. Good yarn but it felt like it was 4 hours long. Also watching Doctor who has spoiled scifi for me, I was expecting Tardis appear any moment.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Cinderella. The costumes were gorgeous and the colors of all of the gowns were just amazing. I could watch it a few more times for this reason alone. This version gives a little longer look into the life of Cinderella before her parents die which gives this a different feel. My boys both loved it. Not sure if Helena BC wore a prosthesis for her teeth but they were distracting.

Elite Member

Inherent Vice. It's a rather long movie and drags at times but the ending really makes up for it and Joaquin Phoenix was fun to watch, his character was reminiscent of "the Dude". Also the costumes, car's and music were a great throwback to the '60s.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Thread Information