Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Hit By Ban Bus!

20th anniversary!! Just had to do it..and I had a epiphany...I'm the oldies now......I used to e the kids...oh dude..suxs
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

Looks terrifying!
    witchcurlgirl and Heidi Ho like this.

"Suffragette." Wasn't sure if I was in the mood for this but it was a thought-provoking movie. Who knew how late some countries were in giving women the vote ffs? Saudi Arabia have 'promised' to consider it in 2015!
    panic likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I stand by my sauce ..it was cool in the day..end of!

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Still Alice - Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart. It's about a vibrant, active 50 year old who gets alzheimer's and her family watches her struggle to hold on to her life but, it was so daunting. It was a good movie but depressing. This is one of the cruelest diseases I've ever heard of. It's worst that I imagined. I really don't know how people could deal with this or if this happened to their mom or dad.

*SPOILER*

She could not even read. She kept reading the same line over and over because she couldn't remember that she just read it a second ago. She had to use a highlighter after reading each line to mark it off so she knew she read it.
    Read the book. Still depressing but you get her inner dialogue. Excellent book IMHO.
    panic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I can't believe you don't like Saw. It has plenty of gore, but maybe its the psychological tension you don't like? That's my favorite thing about them.
    It's the nightmarish ways of being killed ie: having to jump into and dig through a pit of needles, getting stuck in a cremation box, and so many more. It is a psychological nightmare.
    I'll won't pussy out and not watch, it's just uncomfortable
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    "Suffragette." Wasn't sure if I was in the mood for this but it was a thought-provoking movie. Who knew how late some countries were in giving women the vote ffs? Saudi Arabia have 'promised' to consider it in 2015!
    I really want to see that. My god yes SA, The king locked up his own daughters and mistreats them because they believe in woman' s rights. That is one of the countries that is my 'I won't move there list.'
    rollo likes this.

I saw Rosemary's Baby again last night, just to get into the Halloween mood. I can't believe Polanski is a respected film maker, it was so campy and Mia Farrow's acting is not good. The room full of old people primly sitting around a black bassinet (complete with upside down cross) saying "Hail Satan!" never fails to crack me up, it's so absurd.
    greysfang and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post

20th anniversary!! Just had to do it..and I had a epiphany...I'm the oldies now......I used to e the kids...oh dude..suxs
    LOVE this movie!
    Heidi Ho likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

If you haven't seen Sinister and wanna see a scary movie, check it out. Ethan Hawke. Creepy from beginning to end but some gripping moments of fear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    I saw Rosemary's Baby again last night, just to get into the Halloween mood. I can't believe Polanski is a respected film maker, it was so campy and Mia Farrow's acting is not good. The room full of old people primly sitting around a black bassinet (complete with upside down cross) saying "Hail Satan!" never fails to crack me up, it's so absurd.
    I know! I watched that cause it got 4 stars on the info and it was just so dumb. This is horror?! Please. It was like a really lame soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    The previews for this looked good, I'll be seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Read the book. Still depressing but you get her inner dialogue. Excellent book IMHO.
    *SPOILER*

The part that really rocked me the most was when she found that butterfly file with the message she made to herself before the alzheimer's really got a hold of her, telling her when she gets to the point where she can't answer the questions anymore to get the pills and to swallow them all and go to sleep. But every time she watched the video instructing her where to find the pills, she would forget where they were as soon as she got upstairs so she kept going back downstairs to the video to review it, and then eventually just brought the laptop upstairs with her.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Crimson Peak

Surprisingly, I didn't like it. It was beautiful : nice costumes (albeit slightly ridiculous puffed sleeves), gorgeous scenery, a fantastic use of light and colors yep, everything was beautiful ... but that was about it.
    The story is but no means original, it's predictable and seems a bit rushed at times (especially Hiddleston's character's development)
    Although Hiddleston and Chastain did good jobs with their characters, I really can't stand Mia Wasiwhat'sthatagain and her dumb dead eyed expression, she looks like a zombie runway model who would have been dug up right before the catwalk, that girl has seriously no charisma whatsoever.

I was expecting better from Guillermo Del Toro
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^^ yesterday I heard a review of it by Jeffrey Lyons, he didn't like it. He even said Jessica Chastain must have only done it for the paycheck.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

"The Salton Sea"

I've been trying to watch this movie forever, but today I managed to check it out on cable while I was getting the kids ready for school. I'm not even sure how to qualify it - like a murder mystery revenge film. Val Kilmer is the star, but it has an amazingly eclectic cast that is frequently cast against type. That includes the great Vincent D'Onofrio as an evil drug dealer nicknamed "Pooh Bear" who has no nose (very disturbing, even after putting his homemade prosthetic on). There is BD Wong as a tough drug agent named Bubba (!), and Peter Saarsgard looking angelic in his thick mullet. R. Lee Ermey guy looking restrained in a non-military role. Constant twists and turns in the plot. Not great, but pretty good.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I never found Rosemary's Baby scary exactly. Just very, very creepy (obviously your mileage may vary there...). However, Polanski's Repulsion scared the crap out of me. But I like Polanski films in general. I don't think I've seen a single one that I completely hated.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I guess I just think they don't live up to the hype he's given. I saw Chinatown. It was good, but I certainly did not think it was the masterpiece everyone hails it as. I wonder how much of that is due to films of certain eras feeling dated? Like nearly all the acting in film had a kind of wooden, or theatrical, quality in the 60's. Like Brady Bunch-level acting.

Saw Let The Right One In last night. It was pretty good, but it left me wanting a bigger pay-off at the end, a bit more bang (and blood). I've realized I don't like sadistic gore, but I love me a good revenge-fueled blood fest.

Mr. B is trying to get me to watch The Exorcist, which I'm resisting. Good movie but it's the one movie that's too scary for me, I can't sleep for nights after seeing it.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Thread Information