Page 311 of 758 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 11358
Like Tree642Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?

  1. #4651
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It was this one as well as the horrid remakes of The Stepford Wives and Bewitched, that didn't just take her off my favorite actress list, but YANKED her off and then ran her over with a Mack truck.
    I never saw The Stepford Wives, but I definitely agree about Bewitched. I was never a big fan of her work, but she's like the female Keanu Reeves. Wooden.

    EDIT: There was another movie I just saw, but forgot to mention. Gross Point Blank with John Cusack. Had never seen it before, but it was pretty good.
    Last edited by kingcap72; September 11th, 2009 at 07:05 PM.

  2. #4652
    Elite Member aabbcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Watching the sun set over Lake Superior.
    Posts
    18,510

    Default

    Jagged Edge with Glenn Close and Jeff Bridges.

    I am annoyed that the Scream channel has changed its name and is now known as Dusk. Blech. I liked Scream so much more.

  3. #4653
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    EDIT: There was another movie I just saw, but forgot to mention. Gross Point Blank with John Cusack. Had never seen it before, but it was pretty good.
    i love grosse pointe blank. and the soundtrack is just awesome.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  4. #4654
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    22,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I never saw The Stepford Wives, but I definitely agree about Bewitched. I was never a big fan of her work, but she's like the female Keanu Reeves. Wooden.
    I can tolerate Reeves in limited amounts. Point Break was his best film, because it really didn't require him to do much save for react to Patrick Swayze and Gary Busey.

    I thought Kidman deserved her Oscar even less than Halle Berry did her Oscar!

    Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Jagged Edge with Glenn Close and Jeff Bridges.

    I am annoyed that the Scream channel has changed its name and is now known as Dusk. Blech. I liked Scream so much more.

    Loved this flick...the suits Miss Close wore in this flick were HOT...she has a good body.

  5. #4655
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,589

    Default

    The Strangers. I thought it was scary as fuck, despite the fact it was far from perfect as a horror film. Did anyone else see it? Home invasion in the middle of the night in the woods by creepy silent fuckers = me freaked the fuck out.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  6. #4656
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Proof of Life, with Russell Crowe and Meg Ryan. Not a bad film really, but Meg just couldn't keep up with Russ, who nailed his part, as usual. It was sort of painful to watch her.

  7. #4657
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I can tolerate Reeves in limited amounts. Point Break was his best film, because it really didn't require him to do much save for react to Patrick Swayze and Gary Busey.

    I thought Kidman deserved her Oscar even less than Halle Berry did her Oscar!
    Keanu is good in certain movies that don't require much acting like 'The Matrix' movies and 'Speed.'

    And I agree with you about the Oscars for Kidman and Halle.

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i love grosse pointe blank. and the soundtrack is just awesome.
    I loved the coversation Cusack had with Minni Driver during the gunfight scene. And I knew I forgot to put the 'e' on the end of 'Gross.'

  8. #4658
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    22,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Keanu is good in certain movies that don't require much acting like 'The Matrix' movies and 'Speed.'

    And I agree with you about the Oscars for Kidman and Halle.
    Yeah, poor Keanu...I would have loved to see his stage Hamlet.

    Yeah, I love Halle, but Monsters' Ball = a tad overrated. Kidman was even worse; all she did was put on a fake prosthetic nose!

    I watched Catch Me if You Can this morning; well-made, but a tad uninvolving, like many of Spielberg's flicks can sometimes be.

  9. #4659
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yeah, poor Keanu...I would have loved to see his stage Hamlet.

    Yeah, I love Halle, but Monsters' Ball = a tad overrated. Kidman was even worse; all she did was put on a fake prosthetic nose!

    I watched Catch Me if You Can this morning; well-made, but a tad uninvolving, like many of Spielberg's flicks can sometimes be.
    I forgot Keanu did Hamlet.

    Yeah, I love Halle, too. But she and Nicole did the same thing. They got 'ugly' for a dramatic part and won Oscars.

    And I agree with everything about Catch Me If You Can.

  10. #4660
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    22,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I forgot Keanu did Hamlet.
    I think one critic said of Keanu's interpretation of the great Dane, "To be or not to be, and dude, that is like, the ultimate question! LOL.

    Yeah, I love Halle, too. But she and Nicole did the same thing. They got 'ugly' for a dramatic part and won Oscars.
    As did Charlize Theron. She won for "Monster", by getting all ugly too! Seemed to start a trend of sorts.

    And I agree with everything about Catch Me If You Can.
    Yeah, I experienced this sense of detachment in several of Spielberg's flicks, and so have several critics. But "Catch" is a compelling story and Tom Hanks is wonderful in it.

  11. #4661
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yeah, poor Keanu...I would have loved to see his stage Hamlet.
    I seem to remember reading one critic who saw his Hamlet and said it was actually pretty good. Hard to imagine it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I watched Catch Me if You Can this morning; well-made, but a tad uninvolving, like many of Spielberg's flicks can sometimes be.
    Love the opening credits though.

  12. #4662
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,197

    Default

    On cable and DVD the past week or so:

    102 Minutes That Changed America

    A Prairie Home Companion

    The End

    All good in their own way.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  13. #4663
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I think one critic said of Keanu's interpretation of the great Dane, "To be or not to be, and dude, that is like, the ultimate question! LOL.

    As did Charlize Theron. She won for "Monster", by getting all ugly too! Seemed to start a trend of sorts.



    Yeah, I experienced this sense of detachment in several of Spielberg's flicks, and so have several critics. But "Catch" is a compelling story and Tom Hanks is wonderful in it.
    True. But Charlize is a better actress than Halle or Nicole.

    Poor Keanu. 'Dude' is his catchphrase.

  14. #4664
    Elite Member Shalev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Israel.
    Posts
    7,629

    Default



    Anne Hathaway sucks.

  15. #4665
    Elite Member Daphne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Inglorious Basterds

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SEC staffers watched porn as economy crashed
    By celeb_2006 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
  2. Paris Hilton watched her own sex tape
    By moomies in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM
  3. Anyone has watched the ANTM C13 recently?
    By emilyrocks in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •