Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    ^^Agreed on all you said.
    I thought it was interesting that when Jason Priestley and Brian Austin Green lived together before they were cast in 90210, Brad Pitt was their third roommate and was never home and Jason answered the door when Brad's script for Thelma & Louise was delivered.

For some reason, I never watched Melrose Place but can't remember why.

Unbroken, the true story of Louis Zamperini, WWII American POW - he was in a few different Japanese POW camps and a distance runner in the 36 Berlin Olympics. I heard of him before in a Jesse Owens documentary, which is an interesting story in itself. I don't know if I could've survived the shit Louis endured in this movie. And if I did survive, I might've lost it. The ending was SO touching. What a beautiful spirit he was.

And dickhead DANDY from American Horror Story was in this and he was a dickhead in this flick too.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I think that he was great as DANDY in AHS.
    gas_chick likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He was great as Dandy. He was great in this flick. He's a great dickhead. And that's not meant as an insult. Entertainment needs dickheads.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

San Andreas with The Rock. Horrible movie. and i usually love the movies he's in.

and, i hate when a woman ruins an action movie. (although there was no saving this flick)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

watched Everest.

It was alright, I know it was based on a true story but I didn't know the story but could have guessed what would happen. only one bit shocked me.

overall 3/5
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "I don't know what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time"

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkii View Post
    watched Everest.

It was alright, I know it was based on a true story but I didn't know the story but could have guessed what would happen. only one bit shocked me.

overall 3/5
    I would love to see that before it leaves the IMAX theaters. Great cast, too, from what I can see.

About Time. Starring Rachel McAdams. LOVED IT!!!! Time travel, love story, from the same director who did Love Actually and Notting Hill.
    palta likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Girl interupted. #best

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    About Time. Starring Rachel McAdams. LOVED IT!!!! Time travel, love story, from the same director who did Love Actually and Notting Hill.
    That was a great movie, but I am partial to Rachel Mcadams and Margot Robbie! Ha
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Can I cheat with a mini series? I caught a mini series called "Political Animals". I will admit that my main reason for watching it was my stupid crush on Sebastian Stan (Bucky in the Cpt America movies). Joke was on me, his character was gay in the series, lol but I think he did a great job.

Series was so and so, it's about a character called Elaine who is a very thinly disguised version of Hillary Clinton. She's played by Sigourney Weaver. The other main character is a journalist played by Carla Gugino (how gorgeous is this woman!!) who starts out hating Sigourney's character but slowly begins to appreciate her.

Ellen Burstyn was amazing as Elaine's jaded old, alcoholic mother and the guy who played her other son was also very good.

My main issue with the cast was that in the "Bill Clinton" role is Ciaran Hinds. I am sorry. I just hate this man and his enormous head. He ruined Cesar for me in Rome he ruined Mance Raider in Game of Thrones and now he even ruined Bill Clinton because, ffs, that's a guy who charmed a nation and has every woman wanting to fuck him??? He has a giant head!

The other thing where I couldn't suspend disbelief was how "Hillary" was getting hit on all the time and ok, I love Sigourney but gimme a break with how every single male politician would wanna hit on her pruny old self.

In total, it was an enjoyable time spent watching this but some things were a bit hard to take and it also ended too abruptly.
    Heidi Ho likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    And Bill Nighy!
    I liked it too.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

The Railway Man - Colin Firth, Nicole Kidman. It was great. It's the biography of Eric Lomax, a former British army officer who wound up in a Japanese POW camp during WWII. He discovers that the Japanese interpreter who tortured him is still alive and he sets out to confront him. Long story short, this flick KICKED MY ASS. *punt*

Plus it was interesting to see Nicole Kidman with short, dark hair because I've not seen her in that look before.

I binged recently and watched John Wick (really liked it -- like a Tarantino without the humor); Tomorrowland, and loved that one, and the young girl in it, so then watched one she's in based on a children's series, "Molly Moon and the I credible Book of Hypnotism." Loved the movie so much I want to read the books!

Watching the original Halloween movie. Love Jamie Lee Curtis.

Gossip It's a movie I watched when it originally came out in 1999 or so and thought it was awesome. Rewatching it was a painful experience, omg was it shit!

Good for young Norman Reedus and young Lena Headey who both look great. Bad for everything else.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thread Information