Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

This is the end. I liked it alright but it wasn't as funny as I was led to believe.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

My Life with Michael Keaton. i love that movie so much
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Omg I can't watch my life. I bawl like a baby every time.

Agreed on Foxcatcher. Carell did a great job.

I dvr'd a bunch of movies that my teens, now that they're older, would enjoy. True lies, it doesn't have too much tech in it that its dated. That was fun. Then I did The Departed. My oldest was like, "saw that coming." But watching a movie like that with my 13 year old engineering/no common sense son is awesome, because everything is a surprise. He's like, "what just happened?!?!?" Every twist is a shocking revelation that he doesn't anticipate. My 16 year old just shakes his head. Wait til I make him watch LA Confidential.
    BITTER likes this.

The Last Picture Show. Love this movie! All star cast including, Jeff Bridges, Eileen Brennan, Ben Johnson, Timothy Bottoms, Randy Quaid, Ellen Burstyn and Chloris Leachman (who won an academy award for her role, btw.)

Timothy Bottoms was just adorable in this!

Now I want to see Texasville; the follow-up book and movie.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^ Love that movie. Texasville is not all that hot I think because of the story. Bogdanovich always does a good job, but it kind of misses the mark. It's enjoyable because you know the characters and the new one's fit right in. Try to find it on Amazon. It's a trilogy, the last being "Duane's Depressed". Jeff had talked about wanting to do it a few years ago. Maybe it will happen. He's the same age as the fictional Duane so with a good script it should work.

A few years ago I went to an event honoring Jeff and his 40 years of work they showed Last Picture as the movie after his talk. He went off the stage and sat in the last row with his people to watch the first 15 minutes and then they left. The lights went down and when super young Jeff went up on the screen there was an audible gasp from the audience because he was so shiny and young - compared to the furry large man that was up on the stage.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Blue Jasmine. Cate B is mesmerizing. This was actually the first Woody Allen movie I've ever seen. I loved the story and the way it was told. The 40s and 50s music set against a modern backdrop was confusing. Maybe I missed something that would have made more sense of it.
    BITTER likes this.

The first Woody you've ever seen? A Woody virgin? I loved Blue Jasmine. Did you know it was influenced, an homage, whatever - to Streetcar Named Desire?

See Broadway Danny Rose, Sleeper, Midnight in Paris, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Crimes and Misdemeanors and Scoop - for now. And Deconstructing Harry. I love that one. And Purple Rose of Cairo.
    Bellatheball and sputnik like this.

broke down and watched Get Hard tonight. I hate Will Ferrell, but i love Kevin Hart. Even Kevin couldn't save this flick.

The chick that played Pete's wife on Mad Men played Craig T Nelson's daughter.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I stay away from his films on principal. My husband really wanted to see this one though.

We went to Ant Man tonight. I wasn't expecting much but was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I have no idea how it's PG-13. A friend of mine is a Chicago movie reviewer and he said Marvel had it rigged because teenagers/20 year olds would never go to a PG movie, which is what it should have been.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Southland Tales with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Cheri Oteri. I had to shut it off it was so bad. Post-apocalyptic movies should never take themselves so seriously, especially when the dialogue is so bad.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Took my boy to a late night showing of Pixels. Was expecting stupid Adam Sandler potty humor and ridiculousness, but we both actually laughed out loud throughout the whole movie. It was cool to me seeing the games of my young youth and my son (an 11yo serious gamer) laughing at me for playing such subpar games!! We both wanted to steal Q-Bert and take him home with us.
    msdeb likes this.

Trainwreck with Amy Schumer. It had some funny moments. The best part however was when my friend dumped his whole Large bucket of popcorn all over the aisle after I'd tried to move it over so he wouldn't. When he whispered, in his outside voice, "why are you moving it around?" and I told him it was cause I thought he was going to knock it over, and he proceeded to scoot it all around to prove that he wasn't going to, in fact, knock it over, then proceeded to knock it all over everyone within a 5 seat range, I effing lost it. Which unfortunately coincided with an emotionally pivotal point in the movie (won't do a spoiler) and I was left laughing hysterically while the movie took a semi-dark turn.

Other than that, would recommend Trainwreck 7/10.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Mission Impossible 5. Things blew up and people died. Good action. I could recommend it.
    dowcat likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Cobain: Montage of Heck. Great documentary.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

His Secret Family on Lifetime. Gee. Guess what this was about?! I only watched it to see Parker Stephenson who played the good guy! He's still hot, IMHO!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information