Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Is that a sequel to machete and is Danny trejo in it?
    Yes ma'am. I love that shit.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, spy - good performances. worth it for Gary Oldman.

Cold Mountain - reminded me that Jude Law used to be hot and Nicole used to be beautiful. Otherwise, quite a bit boring and not just a little hokey. Renee Z was a cartoon character.

Gone Girl. I finally watched this tonight. I liked it. I didn't read the book. David Fincher gave it a really creepy vibe.

I think the main problem I had with it was that Rosamund Pike was so good looking and easygoing, I thought you would have to be an asshat to screw up that situation. For that reason, Ben Affleck's character became pretty unsympathetic to me. His negative comments and behavior where he was distancing himself early on seemed needlessly provocative and hostile. I'm not saying he deserved what happened to him.

I kept thinking that the female detective (Boney) was Amy Adams, instead of Kim Dickens. Dickens was great.

I thought Tyler Perry did a good job, too. very polished.

I could see this plot line alienating women in particular because it is virtually unprecedented, as far as I know in terms of a real-life situation.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, spy - good performances. worth it for Gary Oldman.
    I watched it yesterday for that very reason. I didn't like the story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Yes ma'am. I love that shit.
    Me too, will have to check it out.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

In the loop. Hilarious. Loved Peter Capaldi's character.
    witchcurlgirl and sputnik like this.

Burlesque. I love that movie. Stanley Tucci is awesome.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I also watched pride and Prejudice, I am so much in traffic lately, I started listening to audiobooks, I loved it and had to see the movie, which I loved as well. I always thought Collin Firth was Mr Darcy, but that most be because of Bridget Jones,

The Bridget Jones audio book is pretty great. The Brit version. The story is sooo much better than the movie. Highly recommend.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Fury - the tank movie with Brad Pitt, Jon "Walking Dead" Bernthal, Shia LaBeouf and Michael Pena. Basically, it's about a tank platoon trying to stay alive while inching toward Germany toward the end of WW2. Lots of great, hyper-violent action sequences. Everybody was really good in their roles. LaBeouf played a super-religious guy. Pena was a wisecracking Mexican-American soldier, and Bernthal was a redneck. Bernthal was especially disturbing - he almost looked like one of the zombies from "The Walking Dead". What killed any sympathy for the characters for me was a scene with serious rape undertones that takes place in the middle of the film.

Lucy. I liked it even with all the silly theories and plotholes. ScarJo can definitely carry off an action movie on her own.

Gone Girl. Didn't like it, barely made it through to the plot twist and still didn't like it or anybody in it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

St Vincent with Bill Murray. I thought it was cute. Some funny moments, but overall it was just cute. Murray was great.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The judge. RDJ is incredible, and a very complex character. I cried a couple times. Shows family dysfunction/hostility better than Osage Orange County.

I'm watching boyhood today. I'll let you know how it goes.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Alien Resurrection: I watched it from beginning to end this time, and it makes me forget the fuckstory that was Alien 3..

Conrack: We had to see this in grade school many years ago; this is such an amazing movie, it almost makes me wanna go see my mom's people who are said to live down there (well, no, not really)
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Boyhood. Long movie. Some scenes really drug along. I don't think Patricia arquette had an Oscar worthy performance. I didn't like that Ethan Hawke got the good relationship with the kids, the fun, the conversations, the bonding, while being the ne'er do well slacker. And arquette got all the responsibility, the bills, etc...but I guess that happens a lot. And I didn't like how she handled him going off the college. I was like, "he's leaving, and that's the last thing you want to say?"

With that, I did cry during this movie. I felt like I just watched my 15 year old grow up before my eyes. Maybe I'm PMSing.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Kingsman: The Secret Service. I loved it. Fun with a lot of action.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information