Page 148 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2236
Like Tree1825Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B on Lifetime.

Such a tragedy. She was so gifted.

It first aired in 2014 but is probably re-airing because of that R. Kelly documentary.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I watched Dumplin' on Netflix. It was okay. Some parts were a bit uplifting and I liked WillowDean's attitude.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Serial Mom. I have always loved this movie but now I think of Ms Dark as her.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Left Behind on Netflix.

DO.NOT.WATCH.THIS.

I have second hand embarrassment for everyone involved. It showed as a trending movie with a 98% match, plus it had Nic Cage (dont judge me) so I decided to watch. This is the worst movie I think I've ever watched and I only stuck with it because of Cage. Every actor SUCKED and the plot sucked. I think Cage owed someone a favor.
    Brookie and tulip like this.

The Old Gun and the Gun

Thought it was rather meh. Loved Sissy Spacek, though. She has aged so great!
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Dr. No

Sean Connery was exceptionally hot in this.

Aquaman. Twice. I loved it.

Bought and watched Venom again. Still love it too.
    yanna likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Roma.

such a beautiful movie, not just the story but the way it's shot, it's gorgeous and thoughtful and unpretentious and so, so moving. if you're familiar with latin america you'll recognise a lot of the class divisions and idiosyncrasies but even if you're not, it's a movie anyone can get into.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The Wolf of Wall Street (Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie)

The flow of this movie reminded me a bit of "Good Fellas" (prob cuz Scorsese directed them both) but between the extreme sex scenes, drug use and language, this made "Good Fellas" look like Mary Poppins.

Jonah Hill was really off-putting and creepy in this. Leo was great.
    palta likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Scott Pilgrim vs. the rest of the world

It is a very nerdy film, based on a comic series, very fast and absurd humour and a lot of allusions to the 90ies alternative scene: games, music, visual style, very snarky and fun play with stereotypes: manic pixie dreamgirl, strong manly chiseled-chin heroes, vegans, musicians, lifestyles etc. It has Michael Cera and Mary Winstead in the main cast. I loved the way it was cut, scenes lead organically into each other and were used as a great linking device. The only flaw was that it was very fast-paced, it made me feel old :-) - but otherwise I could re-watch it again the next night with the bloke and still enjoy it with more hindsight.

(I found this film because I wanted to see another Edgar Wright film, as I loved his absurd point of view in Hot Fuzz, The World's End, Shaun of the Dead - I have to re-watch them soon.)
    MohandasKGanja and emkat like this.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ Also saving Crazy Rich Asians. My son has been reading manga for many years and he is very immersed in the Asian culture. When he makes characters for video games, they're almost always these badass Asian girls. He's got more monitors in his room than I'd care to admit, but he has manga characters all over them. It's kind of beautiful because one flows into the next and so on. I'm planning a little picnic for the family room to watch CRA on Christmas night with the boy.
    I never saw it but am away at a conference next week so maybe then... or not these guys love a good knees up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    In my never ending struggle to find the perfect spy/political thriller, I watched Naomi Watts and Sean Penn in Fair Game from 2010. It is based on the true story of CIA officer Valerie Plame and her husband along with some fuckery going on during W's time in the Oval Office. Naomi seemed half asleep and Sean seemed like he learned to act at Honey Baked Hams, but it got more interesting about at the halfway mark, but they didn't follow through on much IMO. Interesting story. I'd probably prefer the book, though.

There are so many movies I want to see this month, and I would be willing to go to at least one of them, but I am working so much I don't see when that's going to happen.
    If you like a good thriller look out No Offense” tv show, it’s on series 3 currently but maybe 10-12 episodes per series. It’s set & filmed in Manchester & is very “true to life”.
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant...one of those desert island movies for me anyway.

Ah! Casablanca is mine, got the dvd recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I watched Dumplin' on Netflix. It was okay. Some parts were a bit uplifting and I liked WillowDean's attitude.
    I saw it at my house folks with my dad making comments all the way through. It needed lots more drag queens!!!

"Donnie Darko" - atmospheric cult movie about a troubled teen who develops some kind of time-traveling/ESP type powers after a malevolent rabbit man visits him in the middle of the night. This was made in 2001, and was probably Jake Gyllenhal's breakout movie. His sister Maggie is in it, too, playing his sister. Drew Barrymore and Patrick Swayze are in it, too. I was confused about the plot and the ending, so I read the Wiki summary and got even more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    Scott Pilgrim vs. the rest of the world

It is a very nerdy film, based on a comic series, very fast and absurd humour and a lot of allusions to the 90ies alternative scene: games, music, visual style, very snarky and fun play with stereotypes: manic pixie dreamgirl, strong manly chiseled-chin heroes, vegans, musicians, lifestyles etc. It has Michael Cera and Mary Winstead in the main cast. I loved the way it was cut, scenes lead organically into each other and were used as a great linking device. The only flaw was that it was very fast-paced, it made me feel old :-) - but otherwise I could re-watch it again the next night with the bloke and still enjoy it with more hindsight.

(I found this film because I wanted to see another Edgar Wright film, as I loved his absurd point of view in Hot Fuzz, The World's End, Shaun of the Dead - I have to re-watch them soon.)
    I love "Scott Pilgrim" and will watch it whenever I'm flipping through cable channels and it's on. Which is all the time. I love Knives and how she has this huge crush on Scott. I also loved Brie Larsen as Envy Adams. And Brandon Routh as her smarmy vegan boyfriend. I didn't realize the director was the guy who did Shaun of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I have second hand embarrassment for everyone involved. It showed as a trending movie with a 98% match, plus it had Nic Cage (dont judge me) so I decided to watch. This is the worst movie I think I've ever watched and I only stuck with it because of Cage. Every actor SUCKED and the plot sucked. I think Cage owed someone a favor.
    I think Cage is trying to pay off his tax debts. He has made some truly execrable movies in the last 5 years or so. The absolute worst was "USS Indianapolis - Men of Courage" (2016). I couldn't even get through the first 15 minutes because the special effect were so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The Wolf of Wall Street (Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie)

The flow of this movie reminded me a bit of "Good Fellas" (prob cuz Scorsese directed them both) but between the extreme sex scenes, drug use and language, this made "Good Fellas" look like Mary Poppins.
    I thought that too. It seems like the same story with different characters.

American Beauty

I had forgotten how beautiful the cinematography and symbolism was in this movie.

Kevin Spacey was great in it, I have to admit.
    Nevan, Brookie and tulip like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    American Beauty

I had forgotten how beautiful the cinematography and symbolism was in this movie.

Kevin Spacey was great in it, I have to admit.
    I'm so mad at him for being a total disgusting douchebag. He's in a lot of movies I really enjoy and he's killed them for me.

I watched Split last night. I was glad I knew it was part of a trilogy -- we watched Unbreakable a week ago -- because it puts chess pieces in place for Glass. I think it's kind of cool how this will all fit together. I really liked Unbreakable too. My daughter had seen Split before, but said she liked it more knowing it fit in with Unbreakable.
    Nevan likes this.

Thread Information