Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2196
Like Tree1785Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

I got sucked into a charming Christmas movie on Lifetime this morning called "The Spirit of Christmas" about a no nonsense female attorney who was handling a property case of an old inn in Massachusetts that was allegedly haunted. She goes there to get an appraisal done and can't find an appraiser who would do it; as every one is scared off by the alleged ghost. Well, you guessed it, her will and determination keep her from being "scared off" and she falls in love with the ghost - who incidentally, was murdered in 1915, but can be in human form as long as he's within the property lines. Scenery was beautiful.

Fantastic Beasts 2
    I must admit I liked Johnny Depp in this, now I feel conflicted. They did a good job as far as writing the character of Grindelwald goes, and though I didn't have much hope from the first movie, I'm now actually looking forward to seeing him again in the 3rd one. All his scenes work very well to make us understand how he gained followers and I thought he worked great as a villain.
    The film itself was good, but it suffers from the same issue that plagues way too many movies nowadays:
    Too much stuff is going on, give us 30 seconds to digest the emotional twists and shit ! Like seriously we never have time to breathe anymore, and things that are built up to be emotionally crushing are not, because we're not given even 10 seconds to process them.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Elite Member

We watched Black KKKLansman last night. It was very good. The absurdity of the premise -- I can't believe it was based on a true story. It was hugely sobering at the end though.
    ikmccall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    We watched Black KKKLansman last night. It was very good. The absurdity of the premise -- I can't believe it was based on a true story. It was hugely sobering at the end though.
    I saw this in a theater and you could have heard a pin drop when the credits rolled. I felt like yelling "Oh, so now you're all woke?" And I'm a 54 year old white woman.
    tulip likes this.

Whitney. The documentary. Her family - what a bunch of vultures! But I like how the director interspersed the events in Whitney's life with the world events that were occurring during her career. But her brothers are trash.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Fantastic Beasts 2. I too really thought Johnny Depp was great in this movie as was Jude Law. Can't wait for the next one.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Widows -- I liked it. Not exactly what I expected but there were some really awesome moments in that movie.

Also watched Crazy Rich Asians. Super cute.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Fantastic Beasts 2. I too really thought Johnny Depp was great in this movie as was Jude Law. Can't wait for the next one.
    I was actually surprised that the movie kind of acknowledged that there was more than mere friendship between their characters. Can't wait for them to have scenes together.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

The Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaughey. An old movie from 2011. I really liked it.
    tulip likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I've seen it twice before but it makes me LOL everytime. Russell Brand is great in it!
    MohandasKGanja and gas_chick like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I've seen it twice before but it makes me LOL everytime. Russell Brand is great in it!
    "Are those happy tissues, or sad tissues?"

Mila Kunis is jaw-droppingly beautiful in that movie. Russell Brand is great.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Are those happy tissues, or sad tissues?"
    Oh yeah!! LOL! Or when Jonah Hill's character keeps trying to get Russell Brand's character to listen to his demo and when he asked him if he listened to it, Russell says "No. I decided to go on living my life!"
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Oh yeah!! LOL! Or when Jonah Hill's character keeps trying to get Russell Brand's character to listen to his demo and when he asked him if he listened to it, Russell says "No. I decided to go on living my life!"
    Yeah, Russell's character seems be a little too honest throughout the movie. I like the part where Sarah's show is canceled and she is telling Russell she doesn't know what to do, and he blurts out, "You could be queen of the groupies. You could be Queen of the Sorrow Suckers." Pauses, guiltily. "I don't know why they call them that."

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Widows -- I liked it. Not exactly what I expected but there were some really awesome moments in that movie.

Also watched Crazy Rich Asians. Super cute.
    I’m saving that for Xmas, glad you liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    The Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaughey. An old movie from 2011. I really liked it.
    I have a whole series of the books (Bosch & the couple of the lawyer ones) & they are great I’ve never got around to seeing the film, worth it??

^^^ Also saving Crazy Rich Asians. My son has been reading manga for many years and he is very immersed in the Asian culture. When he makes characters for video games, they're almost always these badass Asian girls. He's got more monitors in his room than I'd care to admit, but he has manga characters all over them. It's kind of beautiful because one flows into the next and so on. I'm planning a little picnic for the family room to watch CRA on Christmas night with the boy.
    Jadestone likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Thread Information