Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Still Alice. I'm slightly depressed so it was a nice way to get some crying out, but the whole thing felt very rushed (which I guess is the point of the movie and her character's diagnosis, but still). It really made me feel the feels though for people who are dealing with a loved one with Alzheimer's. I can't even imagine being on either end of it. How horrible a disease. Kristen Stewart was just as wooden as she always is.

Also semi-watched Home Sweet Hell with Katherine Heigl and Patrick Wilson. Why oh why did I waste the extra few cents on the Blue Ray version? A dollar woulda been a big enough waste for this piece of crap. This character seemed like the closest version of what I imagine her real self to be. Ugh.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    with Katherine Heigl and Patrick Wilson. Why oh why did I waste the extra few cents on the Blue Ray version?
    Because you wanted to see Patrick Wilson in high definition?

Still Alice. I'm slightly depressed so it was a nice way to get some crying out, but the whole thing felt very rushed (which I guess is the point of the movie and her character's diagnosis, but still). It really made me feel the feels though for people who are dealing with a loved one with Alzheimer's. I can't even imagine being on either end of it. How horrible a disease. Kristen Stewart was just as wooden as she always is.

Also semi-watched Home Sweet Hell with Katherine Heigl and Patrick Wilson. Why oh why did I waste the extra few cents on the Blue Ray version? A dollar woulda been a big enough waste for this piece of crap. This character seemed like the closest version of what I imagine her real self to be. Ugh.

Really? I believe she won the French equivalent of the Oscar for that movie. What are critics seeing that no one else does? I don't get it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Because you wanted to see Patrick Wilson in high definition?
    Ahhhhh...when I want that I just dig out my DVD of Little Children with him and Kate Winslet. Not gonna lie...that movie provided some serious spank bank material.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Really? I believe she won the French equivalent of the Oscar for that movie. What are critics seeing that no one else does? I don't get it.
    I KNOW!!! And Julianne Moore was literally gushing over Kristen's talents when they were promoting the movie. Whatever. I usually find my opinions of movies are the opposite of most critics. I don't pretend to understand the acting "craft". Just like music - if it has a good beat and is easy to dance to, I probably like it.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Ahhhhh...when I want that I just dig out my DVD of Little Children with him and Kate Winslet.
    Yes! Patrick Wilson is HAWT in that movie!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Little Children was a great film. I also liked Patrick Wilson in Hard Candy even though he was a creeper pedo.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Boyhood: It was boring, 20 minutes in I didn't know how we were gonna get through this nearly 3 hour flick. I love Ethan Hawke and I cared about Mason, it was cool watching him grow up, but there was just no plot for me. I didn't care about ANYTHING going on here. I didn't like Arquette's character or her shit husbands.

At the end when he's driving down the two-lane road, I was hoping it was over but nope. I did like the ending when Mason met a girl who seemed like a person he could click with. Was so glad when it finally fuckin ended.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

^I love that movie, I've been meaning to rewatch it.

Tales From the Darkside, the movie. It was bad, but at least I got to see James Remar.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post

Tales From the Darkside, the movie. It was bad, but at least I got to see James Remar.
    This is a great cheesy horror flick. I always watch it when it's on.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Pitch Perfect 2. I enjoyed it. Just a fun watch.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Paddington yesterday. Thought it was delightful! My copy of Badlands arrived when out of town, and can't wait to watch it again.
    ManxMouse likes this.

This Is Where I Leave You: Liked up until the last 20 minutes, when it got all preachy about Jane Fonda's character's latent lesbianism.

Bessie with Queen Latifah as Bessie Smith - her performance was great, but the editing sucked and I hated the ending.

Titanic. Yes I know, but I like the FX. I never get tired of watching David Warner's face when he realizes that the ship is splitting in half beneath him. It's an awesome sequence. Cameron ain't much of a screenwriter, but the last hour of the film, he pretty much turns the ship into a monster that devours everyone. I like that.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^^^ Bitter, This Is Where I Leave You the book was SOO much better than the movie (even though I adore Jason Bateman). I read the book (I like the author, Jonathan Tropper) when it first came out, it was a hit, someone bought the movie rights almost immediately thereafter and I was thrilled that Bateman, Tina Fey and Jane Fonda were cast. They ruined the movie (not the cast, whomever was in control of turning it into a movie). Ruined.

I watched Pitch Perfect 2 with my son. We watched Pitch Perfect at least two dozen times. The second movie dragged a bit in the middle. And I'm not really a big fan of Anna Kamp, but she plays a good antagonist. I think they should have used her more in the second one.
    BITTER and InigoMontoya like this.

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Iranian vampire movie filmed in CA and shot in black and white, unusual and we liked it a lot. It's slow and meandering and has a great sound track and one scary scene involving a little boy. And the cat spoiler lives /spoiler, much to my relief.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ Bitter, This Is Where I Leave You the book was SOO much better than the movie (even though I adore Jason Bateman). I read the book (I like the author, Jonathan Tropper) when it first came out, it was a hit, someone bought the movie rights almost immediately thereafter and I was thrilled that Bateman, Tina Fey and Jane Fonda were cast. They ruined the movie (not the cast, whomever was in control of turning it into a movie). Ruined.
    I have to admit developing a mini-crush on Corey Stoll, though.

Caught Midnight in Paris. Better than I thought, although Jennifer Garner's character was a cardboard cutout of an uptight, shallow WASP. Also confirming my suspicions that Allen is a bit of a misogynist.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information