Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2042
Like Tree1663Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Ruthless People is one of my absolute guilty pleasures. I just love it. The Greek translation of the title is ridiculous, they translated to "Please kill my wife"
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

yeah, ruthless people is good. love danny and bette.

final vision (2017) this was a remake of fatal vision, the movie about dr. jeffrey mcdonald who was accused of killing his pregnant wife and 2 daughters and blamed it on hippies.

it was okay but not as good as the original because gary cole played jeffrey mcdonald in the original and he was sweet to look at and a great actor. this guy had no screen presence at all.

i did think it was interesting that the author of fatal vision, joe mcguinness, actually lived with jeffrey mcdonald to help jeffrey's defense but then determined that jeffrey was guilty and wrote fatal vision from that perspective. so if nothing else, i liked the movie to learn that about the case because none of that was mentioned in the original.
    sprynkles likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

^^^ There was a small beat in the original where Joe and Jeffrey are together in a car and Jeffrey says something flippant and Joe looks at him with horror. Another good scene is when his in-laws stay in the master bedroom of their house and when they turned out the lights, the Luminol lit up the room. I think that was for dramatic effect though because Iím fairly sure Luminol only glows for under a couple of minutes. It certainly was dramatic though and when the movie came out, Luminol wasnít as well known as it is today.

There are a few books that came out over the years disputing Fatal Vision. Jeffrey also sued McGuiness (even though Joe had a clause in the book contract that he could write whatever he wanted) and they settled out of court for mid six figures. I got totally enthralled with the book and then the movie after McGuiness wrote another true crime book called Blind Faith afterwards (a movie was made about this too). That was about Robert Marshall also killing his wife. They lived just a couple of miles from me and I know a few players in the murder personally. I agree with McGuiness about both cases.
    sprynkles and Daphodil like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

oh, i saw that, the case was in tom's river, nj, i think. tragic. johnny galecki was like 11 or 12, he played marshall's son. i felt so sorry for him when his mom was killed. i saw that movie a long time ago but still, whenever i hear supertramp 'take the long way home', i think of when the mom and her older son were in the car listening to that, and then after she died and that song came on he was remembering her and him listening to it in the car that day and how much she liked it. oh man, sad stuff.

it's been a while since i've seen fatal vision so i don't even remember the idea of joe mcguinnes in the original right now.

but another thing i liked about the original were the actors playing collette and her parents, especially collette's dad who was jeffrey's biggest supporter when the cops were investigating him cause of course his in-laws thought he was innocent, but then when collette's dad got his hands on the court transcript and he discovered all the lies jeffrey told in court, the look on his face turned to stone as if his blood just stopped cold. that was the game changer that sent jeffrey's father-in-law on a desperate crusade to convict his son-in-law for slaughtering his whole family. that guy was a great actor. what a pot-boiler! and to think it really happened is unimaginable.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Finally saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi today.

Solace. It’s decent.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Killer klowns from outer Space. I had to watch this again. Hate clowns but love B movie cheese movies.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"Still Alice" on cable.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

saw coco last weekend. it was visually beautiful and impressive but for some reason the story didn't really captivate me, and i thought the songs were pretty lame. i was a bit disappointed because i was expecting so much more after all the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    "Ruthless People" with Bette Midler, Danny DeVito, Judge Reinhold.
    god i love that movie
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    oh, i saw that, the case was in tom's river, nj, i think. tragic. johnny galecki was like 11 or 12, he played marshall's son. i felt so sorry for him when his mom was killed. i saw that movie a long time ago but still, whenever i hear supertramp 'take the long way home', i think of when the mom and her older son were in the car listening to that, and then after she died and that song came on he was remembering her and him listening to it in the car that day and how much she liked it. oh man, sad stuff.

it's been a while since i've seen fatal vision so i don't even remember the idea of joe mcguinnes in the original right now.

but another thing i liked about the original were the actors playing collette and her parents, especially collette's dad who was jeffrey's biggest supporter when the cops were investigating him cause of course his in-laws thought he was innocent, but then when collette's dad got his hands on the court transcript and he discovered all the lies jeffrey told in court, the look on his face turned to stone as if his blood just stopped cold. that was the game changer that sent jeffrey's father-in-law on a desperate crusade to convict his son-in-law for slaughtering his whole family. that guy was a great actor. what a pot-boiler! and to think it really happened is unimaginable.

Yes, it was in Toms River. Oyster Creek (named after the nation's oldest operating nuclear power plant not far away) rest stop was very well known, but it was closed the night of the murder ... I can't remember why. Rest stops in NJ were a very common thing up and down the Garden State Parkway; they've fallen by the wayside now. Now there's big rest stops with fast food restaurants in a main building and a lot of gas pumps. Back in OC rest stop's day, it was just a wooded area you could pull into. They had bathrooms and maybe some picnic tables and possibly a phone booth. That was it. Even if you were there with someone, it felt really creepy. This is where Marshall chose to have his wife killed. He was "knocked" out, but that was one of his biggest downfalls ... Maria was asleep in the front seat and Marshall was out "fixing" the tire. Why on earth would they have killed a petite sleeping woman and leave Marshall alive.

Galecki played the Marshall's youngest son. He has never wavered in his belief of his father's innocence in all this time. Roby and Chris were strongly vocal about believing his guilt. Still do. Last I heard or read, John was still estranged from his brothers. Roby was some kind of consultant on set and the woman who played Maria (Joanna Kerns from Growing Pains) introduced Roby to Tracey Gold and they got married shortly thereafter. Trouble there though, they're still together, but a couple of years ago Tracey was arrested on aggravated drunken driving. She was driving and Roby and their 3-4 kids were in the car (including an infant) and IIRC, she drove their SUV down an embankment. Multiple injuries. I think she's always had issues though. IIRC, that was not her first or second DUI. AFAIK, they are still together.

The scene you saw with the song ... I believe that was Maria and Chris when she was driving him home from a swim meet or something. Saraan Krashaar (her name was changed in the book and movie) is still around. I've always believed she had at least cursory knowledge of Maria's murder beforehand but there was no way to prove it. Rumor has it that the man she's been married to for decades (and whom she was cheating on with Marshall) is gay. Her father was a mobster who was beaten to death with golf clubs outside the car dealership he owned/worked for, mob hit in 1984. Sarraan (IIRC, not her given name, she changed it sometime before the murders) and her family own about a dozen car dealerships in mostly Toms River. She's not a nice person and that's being nice. Oh, and the guy who actually pulled the trigger got off. His family lied and said he was with them in I want to say Louisiana or Tennessee at the time of the murder. The prosecution just couldn't get a conviction, but he was involved in Marshall's trial. Many years later while in prison for a long stretch, he admitted to being the trigger man that killed Maria, but they can't re-prosecute him because of double jeopardy laws. All for a life insurance policy and so that Marshall could be with Saraan. I've never heard a bad word about Maria and her boys adored her.

I watched Final Vision. Meh. Foley does not have the presence or the ability to play a psychopath well enough. Gary Cole was chilling and disturbing in that role.
    panic likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

The Signal...with Laurence Fishburne and Brenton Thwaites. Boring and senseless are the best words to describe it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

The Edge of Tomorrow and Oblivion. Tom Cruise really seems to be the same character in all these movies. But they were entertaining. Although after about 5 beers I did not get the end of Oblivion. lol.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Yes, it was in Toms River. Oyster Creek (named after the nation's oldest operating nuclear power plant not far away) rest stop was very well known, but it was closed the night of the murder ... I can't remember why. Rest stops in NJ were a very common thing up and down the Garden State Parkway; they've fallen by the wayside now. Now there's big rest stops with fast food restaurants in a main building and a lot of gas pumps. Back in OC rest stop's day, it was just a wooded area you could pull into. They had bathrooms and maybe some picnic tables and possibly a phone booth. That was it. Even if you were there with someone, it felt really creepy. This is where Marshall chose to have his wife killed. He was "knocked" out, but that was one of his biggest downfalls ... Maria was asleep in the front seat and Marshall was out "fixing" the tire. Why on earth would they have killed a petite sleeping woman and leave Marshall alive.

Galecki played the Marshall's youngest son. He has never wavered in his belief of his father's innocence in all this time. Roby and Chris were strongly vocal about believing his guilt. Still do. Last I heard or read, John was still estranged from his brothers. Roby was some kind of consultant on set and the woman who played Maria (Joanna Kerns from Growing Pains) introduced Roby to Tracey Gold and they got married shortly thereafter. Trouble there though, they're still together, but a couple of years ago Tracey was arrested on aggravated drunken driving. She was driving and Roby and their 3-4 kids were in the car (including an infant) and IIRC, she drove their SUV down an embankment. Multiple injuries. I think she's always had issues though. IIRC, that was not her first or second DUI. AFAIK, they are still together.

The scene you saw with the song ... I believe that was Maria and Chris when she was driving him home from a swim meet or something. Saraan Krashaar (her name was changed in the book and movie) is still around. I've always believed she had at least cursory knowledge of Maria's murder beforehand but there was no way to prove it. Rumor has it that the man she's been married to for decades (and whom she was cheating on with Marshall) is gay. Her father was a mobster who was beaten to death with golf clubs outside the car dealership he owned/worked for, mob hit in 1984. Sarraan (IIRC, not her given name, she changed it sometime before the murders) and her family own about a dozen car dealerships in mostly Toms River. She's not a nice person and that's being nice. Oh, and the guy who actually pulled the trigger got off. His family lied and said he was with them in I want to say Louisiana or Tennessee at the time of the murder. The prosecution just couldn't get a conviction, but he was involved in Marshall's trial. Many years later while in prison for a long stretch, he admitted to being the trigger man that killed Maria, but they can't re-prosecute him because of double jeopardy laws. All for a life insurance policy and so that Marshall could be with Saraan. I've never heard a bad word about Maria and her boys adored her.

I watched Final Vision. Meh. Foley does not have the presence or the ability to play a psychopath well enough. Gary Cole was chilling and disturbing in that role.
    I know! that guy playing jeffrey on the remake was painfully average in more ways than one. he was a chore to watch.

so sad that the youngest son has been estranged from his older brothers all this time. that's a movie unto itself. fuckin marshall destroyed everything. interesting how the real son met and married tracey gold through joanna kerns. thanks for the inside story!
    Nevan likes this.

The First Wive's Club:This film is still funny as all get out. Midler, Hawn and Keaton are so great together.
    She Devil: I watch this anytime I catch it. I'm really not into Rosanne , but damn in this film she was hilarious. And Meryl Streep was total comedy.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

i always mix up first wives club and death becomes her, or rather they blend into one movie in my head, not just because hawn is in both but because if you think about it, they're kind of about the same thing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information