Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1732
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Wonder Woman. Damn how I loved this movie. It was almost 2 1/2 hours but it didn't feel long enough. I'm for sure on the Chris Pine bandwagon now. Can't wait to see it again.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Wonder Woman. Damn how I loved this movie. It was almost 2 1/2 hours but it didn't feel long enough. I'm for sure on the Chris Pine bandwagon now. Can't wait to see it again.
    Wow -- it's that good? I love it when movies are so good you don't want them to end.

It was to me. I didn't feel like I sat there that long.
    tulip likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Watching the remake of House of Wax. Paris Hilton being killed was awesome.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Tropic Thunder never fails to make me cry laughing. Watching it now. Ben Stller as simple Jack, Tom cruise, Robert Downy jr, Jack Black, Matthew M. all awesome.
    joebob, MohandasKGanja and dowcat like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Muriels Wedding. I love that movie! And also The Bronte Sisters from 1979 which I also loved.

The Paper Chase. Timothy Bottoms was great in this!
    Patty Rox likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Saw "Alien Covenant" with the family on Friday night.

I was a little sorry I dragged my daughter to it. This isn't really her kind of movie in the first place and it was incredibly gory.

Nothing can kill my love for Katherine Waterston - even the worst movie hairstyle since Javier Bardem's in "No Country for Old Men". I thought Waterston was great.

Danny McBride - that was some daring casting because this guy really doesn't seem to be in too many non comedies. He was okay, but it was a real cliché role. His character's name was even "Tennessee", for crying out loud.

Bill Crudup - the most emo ship captain since Nobody Ever.

James Franco - I wonder how much he got paid for a performance that consisted of hanging on the side of a mountain leaving a multimedia message for about 20 seconds?

Demian Bichir and Carmen Ejogo - under utilized

Michael Fassbender - tour de force performance by this guy. Had to play two different characters arguing with each other over the philosophy of music, what it means to be synthetic vs. human, morality in general.

There was a logistics issue in this film that totally defied credibility. The ship is a transport vessel for a new colony. There are 2,000 humans in some kind of cryo storage tubes. And like 500 embryos in shelves. The ship is massive. And the crew for this ship? 15 people. WTF? Very unrealistic.

Set up to have a sequel, too, by the way.

unbreakable (2000) - bruce willis, samuel l. jackson, robin wright

an m. night shyamalan flick, i didn't realize how clever this really was until the end and i was impressed by it.
    greysfang likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

The Accountant was HBO's Saturday movie. I don't remember this coming out and I've read it had very mixed reviews, but I really liked it. And I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan. I have a couple of boys on the spectrum in my world, and the way his father and then himself as an adult conditioned him to deal with outside stimulation was interesting, although I'm not sure if it's very realistic. His father reminded of me Dexter's father and the way he helped him deal with his "dark passenger".

I had purchased advance tickets to see The Mummy on Friday, but my son asked me to cancel or postpone them. I'm kind of glad I did, it's gotten nothing but horrible reviews with some saying it was Tom Cruise's worst movie ever. Did anyone see it?
    panic likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Menendez: Blood Brothers on Lifetime. It was good. Courtney Love played Kitty Menendez and did a fabulous job.

LifetimeSARE
    panic likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^I'm watching that right now. I never really read up on the details of that case. Is it true that all those witnesses, family members backed up the boys' allegations of sexual abuse? That they told their mom and she didn't believe them? If so, that is extremely fucked up that the juries deadlocked, didn't believe them. And the jury in the last trial flat-out didn't consider the sexual abuse as a factor in the penalty phase. I mean, yes they still killed them and should serve some sentence, but not life.

I find it abhorrent how many people tend to not believe allegations of sexual abuse. If I were ever forced to make a choice, I'd choose to believe the child. Especially if there's any sort of evidence that can corroborate.
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

Ooooh, thanks Bluebonnet! I heard about that a few months ago but haven't seen any recent ads or trailers so I just forgot about it. Can't wait to watch that!

Beeyotch, it's been a really long time, but I don't remember anyone corroborating the sexual abuse. My biggest problem with this case was that both brothers were adults and could have walked out of the house at any time if there was abuse.
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

^^ For some reason I thought that was another investigative show and not a real movie. I'll watch that for sure.

I went the Turner Classic Movies in a movie theatre showing of Some Like it Hot. I'd seen it in the movies before but on a crappy, smaller screen. This time it was the way it was intended, a huge screen. I'm jealous of all the people that got to see the great films in the movies. I felt like Mia Farrow in The Purple Rose of Cairo. These seats were electronic recliners. When Marilyn came on the screen everyone gasped/sighed. On the huge screen I could really see her eye makeup and the tricks they've always talked about. It was so unique. You could see all the thin lines of eyeliner filled in with white shadow, all done with a professional, light hand. I'm definitely seeing Casablanca in November.

Maybe the TCM series is in your town.

https://www.fathomevents.com/categories/classics
    CornFlakegrl, BITTER and LaFolie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The Paper Chase. Timothy Bottoms was great in this!
    Anybody know what happened to that other Bottoms brother, Joseph? I loved him in the TV mini series Celebrity, with Hal Holbrook Michael Beck a.m.o.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information