Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1732
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    You're welcome, I would have posted the link but I'm phone-tarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Just the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Always a wise ass.

Sorry, SHELLS, I couldn't help myself.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Really? I really liked it. I don't usually watch alien movies because they scare me but they were pretty benign. I liked the mystery buildup of why the aliens showed up and what Louise was having visions about. My son wasn't a fan of it either, not enough action for him.
    It started out interesting, but then just went flat (for me) and I completely lost interest. It was just so dreary and depressing and too morose. But glad you enjoyed it and there are many who agree with you, it has a great rating on IMDB.

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    alien covenant. i loved it. but i love sci-fi and horror and bodys being ripped apart. Aliens is my top love of all time so I was super cool with this one.
    Ooooh, we are going to see it this week. Looking forward to it!
    Nevan likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    alien covenant. i loved it. but i love sci-fi and horror and bodys being ripped apart. Aliens is my top love of all time so I was super cool with this one.
    I was supposed to see this Saturday night with my son. I am very, very psyched for it, but by the time we finished dinner, I was too exhausted. Now, I don't know when I'm going to fit this in.....

Got new cable today - ATT Direct TV. Got a little dish on my roof. Watching "Hidden Figures".
    panic, Nevan, Bluebonnet and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

This weekend so far has been a horror fest. Last night Friday the 13th 1 and 2. The originals. Tonight Halloween H20 and the one before it. Now, Friday the 13th 4.
    gas_chick likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I watched Snatched last night. I lost interest almost immediately.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

^^ Based on the reviews, you're not the only one.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Bought a subscription to filmstruck & have been watching a movie or more a day....The Double Life of Veronique, which was incredible - Betty Blue, which I didnt bother to finish, The House maid, & The Red Shoes, which I havent seen in so long, but is still one of my favs.

Watched Selma. What a great movie.
    BITTER likes this.

The new Pirates movie and I loved it. Almost as good as the original.

Saw Baywatch yesterday and I had fun. Not one that I would rewatch but I did laugh my ass off several times.

Friday night I watched the original IT just because I wanted to. Man I love Tim Curry.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

time: the kalief browder story (2017) a six-part docu-series on spike about kalief browder, a 16-year old wrongfully arrested for stealing a backpack. he was innocent. but the story is about what they did to him. this 16-year-old sat in rikers island for THREE YEARS because his mother couldn't afford bail. It took her two weeks to come up with $900 and by that time, the bail option was revoked. 800 of those days he sat in solitary confinement. 800.

Jay Z is a spokesman for this case, not only to bring kalief's story to light, but to showcase the unusually cruel treatment of juveniles and prisoners in there.

one guard said that one of the new inmates just coming in asked him, "where are the white inmates?" and the guard told him, "there aren't any. and when they do come in, they don't stay long."

There is explosive video from the security cameras in the prison, just unbelievable footage of a guard hitting kalief as he was being admitted into the prison, and i mean the guard hit his face like he was banging a pinata with a bat. More video of guards watching as packs of juvenile inmates beat up kalief.

there was one video where two guards actually did try to pull 20 people off kalief but if you kept watching, you see the guards merely push them back but don't lock them out and they just come back again, all 20 of them.

one of mayor giuliani's commissioners said she could not get mayor guiliani on the phone when she tried to talk to him about rikers island. a journalist said mayor guiliani kept as far away as possible from the issue of rikers island. the commissioner noticed the brutal treatment of juveniles by the guards and started suspending the guards who were doing it.

turns out some big head of prisons and guards has a lot of political pull in new york and apparently didn't like this woman suspending his prison guards. she eventually was asked to resign and was replaced by a childhood friend of the head of prisons.

then when mayor bloomberg came along with his 'stop and frisk' policy, things got worse for the homeless in new york. between guiliani and bloomberg, the homeless problem turned into a rikers island problem.

if i was in kalief's shoes or anyone who's had to endure such barbaric treatment, i would lose my mind. these guards and the authorities who are not saving these juveniles from such horror are the ones who should be locked up in the same kind of prison environment. AND thrown into solitary confinement for good measure. see how well they fare.

and i'm only up to the third episode, there's 6 episodes. i'm almost afraid to keep watching.
    BITTER likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I feel silly posting under your important post because I just started Chocolat. If anyone watches it, be sure to have one piece of dark chocolate to satisfy and hold you over. I have none and it's 15 minutes into the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Got new cable today - ATT Direct TV. Got a little dish on my roof. Watching "Hidden Figures".
    I must watch that movie.
    panic likes this.

I watched this years ago, but I couldn't sleep tonight and found it while flipping around the channels. It's easily the most disturbing, depressing and fucked up movie I've ever seen. Bug.

Even more surreal, Chris Cornell's "Disappearing Act" played very briefly during the ending and into the credits (which I didn't remember). It's not listed on the soundtrack.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

War Machine - Netflix, Brad Pitt.

Awful. It was boring and Pitt plays the main character like some kind of Forrest Gump in camo. The message is interesting (why do we attempt to nation build) but it's a whole lotta nothing going on in the film. Skip it.
    greysfang likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Lion -- Loved it. The actor who played the young Saroo -- simply adorable.

Thread Information