Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" last night. It's very entertaining, and I'm not a fan of that movie genre at all. It's sci-fi, but has a sense of humor about itself and it's got some groovy 60's-70's music (Jay and the Americans, "Come a Little Bit Closer"). The animated figures, Groot and Rocket Raccoon, are the fun characters here.
    It's one of those movies that I will watch every single time it comes on cable. A visual feast. Explosion of colors. Great cameos - Michael Rooker stealing every scene he is in as Yondu. And Benecio del Toro as whatever it was he was!
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; May 9th, 2017 at 11:10 AM.
    tulip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I forgot about Lady in the Water. I saw that, but don't remember much about it. I never saw Unbreakable, though. I will have to put that on my ever-growing list.

Unbreakable is arguably his best movie after the Sixth Sense.
    ikmccall and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I liked Sixth Sense a lot. I hated hated hated Signs, but that's because I have an irrational fear of realistic (oxymoron) aliens. When it made its first appearance and walked on the sidewalk after appearing out of the bushes, I jumped and let out the most girly shriek. I don't think I've seen anything else of his except The Visit, which wasn't really that scary. Not a big fan of his.
    HWBL and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's one of those movies that I will watch every single time it comes on cable. A visual feast. Explosion of colors. Great cameos - Michael Rooker stealing every scene he is in as Yondu. And Benecio del Toro as whatever it was he was!
    This was actually Guardians 2, but I did watch Guardians 1 on cable this past weekend. Guardians 2 is way more fun.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    This was actually Guardians 2, but I did watch Guardians 1 on cable this past weekend. Guardians 2 is way more fun.
    Sounds awesome. I was wondering why I didn't remember the song you mentioned.
    Brookie likes this.

manchester by the sea (2016) casey affleck, lucas hedges, kyle chandler, michelle williams

saw it on amazon prime. it's fantastic. but for some reason, lucas hedges was jesse eisenberg to me. he does resemble him but not so much i should keep thinking it's actually him. i love lucas now as i love jesse. the acting and chemistry between lucas and casey was amazing.

michelle was great too.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

the central park five (2012) This is a documentary about the 1989 case of five black and latino teenagers who were convicted of raping a white woman in central park. after having spent between 6 and 13 years each in prison, a serial rapist confessed to the crime.

at that time, there were about 6 murders a day in new york, but the press jumped on this case, many believe, because the victim was a white investment banker and the suspects were not white.

during the same time period, another woman was raped and thrown off a roof in a poor neighborhood and hardly got any press at all. she was not white.

donald trump took out a page in the newspaper calling for the death penalty for these suspects.

this was a campaign by the cops and the prosecution against 5 poor teenagers who didn't understand what was being done to them and whose parents couldn't afford lawyers. the boys trusted the cops and let the cops railroad them into false confessions by browbeating them for 13 hours with no sleep, convincing the teenagers if they just confess they'd be let off the hook.

it is outrageous how much these cops and the prosecution knew when they did this to them, like the dna found on the victim didn't belong to any one of them.

there's a lot more to this story that is mind-blowing.
    holly likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I liked Sixth Sense a lot. I hated hated hated Signs, but that's because I have an irrational fear of realistic (oxymoron) aliens. When it made its first appearance and walked on the sidewalk after appearing out of the bushes, I jumped and let out the most girly shriek. I don't think I've seen anything else of his except The Visit, which wasn't really that scary. Not a big fan of his.
    I love both the Sixth Sense and Signs. The alien scene you refer to is great, thanks to the fantastic acting of Joaquin Phoenix. At the time when the scene was shot, they didn't know yet what the alien would look like or what the scene was going to show at all. So Joaquin just had to imagine something shocking and they put the clip and alien in later.
    Nevan likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    the central park five (2012) This is a documentary about the 1989 case of five black and latino teenagers who were convicted of raping a white woman in central park. after having spent between 6 and 13 years each in prison, a serial rapist confessed to the crime.

at that time, there were about 6 murders a day in new york, but the press jumped on this case, many believe, because the victim was a white investment banker and the suspects were not white.

during the same time period, another woman was raped and thrown off a roof in a poor neighborhood and hardly got any press at all. she was not white.

donald trump took out a page in the newspaper calling for the death penalty for these suspects.

this was a campaign by the cops and the prosecution against 5 poor teenagers who didn't understand what was being done to them and whose parents couldn't afford lawyers. the boys trusted the cops and let the cops railroad them into false confessions by browbeating them for 13 hours with no sleep, convincing the teenagers if they just confess they'd be let off the hook.

it is outrageous how much these cops and the prosecution knew when they did this to them, like the dna found on the victim didn't belong to any one of them.

there's a lot more to this story that is mind-blowing.
    this sounds very interesting. I love true crime documentaries
    panic likes this.

I watched Sully over the weekend. I don't know why but I was uncontrollably crying through parts of this. I only marginally paid attention to this when it really happened, but it's simply amazing. Tom Hanks played Sully as very dignified and calm (and I can't think of anybody in that situation).

Abbey Grace. Z list horror movie and boy was it awful but I had a good time watching it and laughing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

mommie dead and dearest (2017) an hbo documentary that blew my mind. it's about a mother that is stark raving mad and keeps her child in a wheelchair for her whole life but the child can walk. the mom is collecting all kinds of disability for disabilities the child does not have.

there was one video where the child was on stage in a pretty dress as other girls danced but she was laying down because either her mother convinced her she can't walk or she was told not to walk, but i cried because she looked so sad not to be able to get up and dance like everyone else.

when she grows up her mother still keeps her on a short, taut leash. her and a new boyfriend plot to kill the mother.

this is a crazy story with a batshit crazy mother, but the daughter, aside from probably being so confused and stunted developmentally, was very articulate and sweet in custody and said it felt so good to be honest. it breaks my heart she had to endure such a bizarre and confined existence under her mother's thumb her whole life.
    Nevan likes this.

^Is that the same story as the article that was posted around here? I know that's a vague question, but I think there was a thread about that story somewhere?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

probably because i heard of this story from somewhere before i saw it. i think it discussed munchausen by proxy.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    mommie dead and dearest (2017) an hbo documentary that blew my mind. it's about a mother that is stark raving mad and keeps her child in a wheelchair for her whole life but the child can walk. the mom is collecting all kinds of disability for disabilities the child does not have.

there was one video where the child was on stage in a pretty dress as other girls danced but she was laying down because either her mother convinced her she can't walk or she was told not to walk, but i cried because she looked so sad not to be able to get up and dance like everyone else.

when she grows up her mother still keeps her on a short, taut leash. her and a new boyfriend plot to kill the mother.

this is a crazy story with a batshit crazy mother, but the daughter, aside from probably being so confused and stunted developmentally, was very articulate and sweet in custody and said it felt so good to be honest. it breaks my heart she had to endure such a bizarre and confined existence under her mother's thumb her whole life.
    Oooh, this sounds right up my twisted alley .... going OnDemand right now!!!

Thread Information