Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1707
Like Tree1367Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

The Bible miniseries. It was on all day yesterday on The History Channel. That guy who played the apostle Peter was hot. I think I put him in the "Hot Guys Thread" back in 2013.

*goes to check*

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The Bible miniseries. It was on all day yesterday on The History Channel. That guy who played the apostle Peter was hot. I think I put him in the "Hot Guys Thread" back in 2013.

*goes to check*

The kids did their communion last summer and this is what I showed them to teach them the bible. I sometimes had to go and check the actual bible if it actually happened that way and was given a hard time by the kids. By the time the communion came NONE of us wanted to do is anymore (but did it anyway for my mother) after every episode we would need to talk about it.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Crocodile Dundee, too. The music and fashions are dated but the storyline holds up well. I still crack up when Dundee is in New York riding in the limo and he asks the limo driver what "tribe" he was from. ROTFL! He thought the guy was Aborigines.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. This film was really well put together, good story and just loved it. I had to explain a lot of things as far as what certain terms were, like Muggle and who certain main characters were. SO, after that I send Mr. Honey down the whole Harry Potter rabbit hole. He saw all 8 films back to back. I hadn't see the last 2 and when Snape dies, I cried my eyes out. That was some hard shit knowing that Alan is gone too. I'm waiting on pins and needles for Alien: Covenant.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. This film was really well put together, good story and just loved it. I had to explain a lot of things as far as what certain terms were, like Muggle and who certain main characters were. SO, after that I send Mr. Honey down the whole Harry Potter rabbit hole. He saw all 8 films back to back. I hadn't see the last 2 and when Snape dies, I cried my eyes out. That was some hard shit knowing that Alan is gone too. I'm waiting on pins and needles for Alien: Covenant.
    I would watch Fantastic Beasts just for Katherine Waterston. OMG, would I hit it!

I love all the Harry Potter films. I used to play the Harry Potter Legos video games with my son - for hours. And last year, I took th kids to the Harry Potter areas of Universal Studios, which way surpassed any expectations I had.

"Order of the Phoenix" comes on all the time right now on cable. There is this great exchange between Delores Umbridge and Snape in "Order" where she comes to his potions class and says, "You applied to be the teacher of Defense Against the Dark Arts?" And he replies, "Yes." And she goes with fake sympathy, "But you didn't get it?" And he replies, "Obbbbviouslyyyyy". Then, swats Ron Weasly.

i watched Patriot Day over the weekend. Very good. I thought it was going to be some action flick, didn't know it was the story of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Office Christmas Party....disappointing. I was expecting so much more.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

The Memory of Justice. It's amazing, but incredibly long so I had to see it in two sittings. It's about atrocities in war with three focal points: the Nazis, the French in Algeria, and the US in Vietnam.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/m...tice.html?_r=0

The four-and-a-half-hour Nazi documentary you can't afford to miss | The Times of Israel

Restored War Documentary 'The Memory Of Justice' Is Timelier Than Ever | The Huffington Post
    Waterslide likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Split by M. Night Shyamalan (I know I'm butchering his name). I found the premise very interesting. I was shocked James McAvoy could be so creepy and he was really incredible in this movie. Disappointingly, all the female actors in this movie weren't very good. One was bad enough to take me out of the story to marvel at how much she sucked, she really was chewing the scenery the whole time.

I know Shyamalan gets a lot of flak for some of his shittier movies, but he did pretty well on this one. The co-star characters could have been fleshed out a little more.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Split by M. Night Shyamalan (I know I'm butchering his name). I found the premise very interesting. I was shocked James McAvoy could be so creepy and he was really incredible in this movie. Disappointingly, all the female actors in this movie weren't very good. One was bad enough to take me out of the story to marvel at how much she sucked, she really was chewing the scenery the whole time.

I know Shyamalan gets a lot of flak for some of his shittier movies, but he did pretty well on this one. The co-star characters could have been fleshed out a little more.
    It seems fashionable to hate M. Night, but I liked "Signs" and love "The Sixth Sense". I love the scene at the end where Osment finally connects with his mom over the story about her performing at the ballet and then asking a question at her mom's grave. And the scene where he realizes he has been shot by one of the New Kids on the Block, which is not only devastating for his relationship with his devoted wife, it's just really professionally embarrassing.
    Waterslide and HWBL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The Memory of Justice. It's amazing, but incredibly long so I had to see it in two sittings. It's about atrocities in war with three focal points: the Nazis, the French in Algeria, and the US in Vietnam.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/m...tice.html?_r=0

The four-and-a-half-hour Nazi documentary you can't afford to miss | The Times of Israel

Restored War Documentary 'The Memory Of Justice' Is Timelier Than Ever | The Huffington Post
    Making a note of that for my mother. She'll be very interested.

Saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" last night. It's very entertaining, and I'm not a fan of that movie genre at all. It's sci-fi, but has a sense of humor about itself and it's got some groovy 60's-70's music (Jay and the Americans, "Come a Little Bit Closer"). The animated figures, Groot and Rocket Raccoon, are the fun characters here.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Guardians 2. Even better than the first one.
    MohandasKGanja and Brookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It seems fashionable to hate M. Night, but I liked "Signs" and love "The Sixth Sense". I love the scene at the end where Osment finally connects with his mom over the story about her performing at the ballet and then asking a question at her mom's grave. And the scene where he realizes he has been shot by one of the New Kids on the Block, which is not only devastating for his relationship with his devoted wife, it's just really professionally embarrassing.
    LOL about being shot by one of the The New Kids on the Block! I usually figure out twists fairly quickly, but I was so involved in the story in The Sixth Sense, I was legitimately surprised by the ending.

I loved Signs and I even sort of liked The Village, but I figured out the twist within the first second of watching the movie. And there were other major clues as well. But I think The Village was the last one of his movies I did see. I heard Split was terrible, BUT...it was from the exact people that would hate him just by hearing his name, so I'm open to seeing that one.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I think his only movie I saw that I didn't like was Signs. I liked the Village, never saw Lady in the Water, and Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are awesome movies.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I forgot about Lady in the Water. I saw that, but don't remember much about it. I never saw Unbreakable, though. I will have to put that on my ever-growing list.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Thread Information