Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1760
Like Tree1408Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Elite Member

Had a Disney day. Saw Beauty and the Beast at the theater and Moana at home. Beauty and the Beast was wonderful. The casting was great. Moana was really good. I'm a sucker and I always cry at a good Disney movie, so I've been quite teary today.

I started watching "Rosemary's Baby" and got skeered.
    BITTER likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

The live action Cinderella movie. Really enjoyed it. Also watched Moana this weekend. It was good too. I will be watching it again.
    tulip likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Psycho

"A boy's best friend is his mother."

panic likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Psycho

"A boy's best friend is his mother."

Oh ya sure ... that should give me great hopes for my two boys that I've raised solely.

da fuq
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Oh ya sure ... that should give me great hopes for my two boys that I've raised solely.

da fuq
    That was one of his lines in the movie.

Logan

Utterly loved it. What a sendoff for Hugh Jackman. Even better than I expected. Patrick Stewart was completely heartbreaking. And the little girl! Wow, best performance by a kid since Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit for me.
    gas_chick and tulip like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Laughed,cried got emotionally envolved and it brought out my Inner bogan =triple Win
    solid 8/10 +winslet
    panic and tulip like this.

The Big Lebowski because it keeps coming up in conversation.

Interstellar. I like it, but thought it was sort of confusing in places, but Christopher Nolan likes the mindfuck movies.
    MohandasKGanja and panic like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Beauty and the Beast. I enjoyed it a lot. Luke Evans was so fun as Gaston.
    tulip likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

"Independence Day: Resurgence" It had its premier on HBO this weekend, and even though it got bad reviews, I wanted to see it on my relatively new 60-inch TV. It was fun. Great to see Brent Spiner back with a more significant role. Jeff Goldblum is really looking long in the tooth. He looks like Judd Hirsch's brother now instead of his son. And holy sh*t, Judd Hirsch is still alive and well (he's 81). Loved seeing Maika "It Follows" Monroe in the main role. Liam Hemsworth - eh. Jessie Usher - bland. Great special effects. Completely unbelievable plot - especially when everyone starts flying the aliens' spaceships flawlessly.

William Fichtner was in this playing a general. Mrs. Mohandas was like, "I recognize that guy - what was he in?" I replied, "Everything."

Oh, also "Staying Alive" was on yesterday morning. I made my kids watch a little bit of it because it had a perfect 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. It was unwatchable - even for purposes of making fun of. Kind of a long form version of Billy Squier's even-more-disastrous "Rock Me Tonight" video.
    panic likes this.

^^ LOL! i have watched it for purposes of making fun of it. it's so stupid, it's funny. that theme song, "I am far from over" to the images. i noticed in the beginning when john travolta is walking down the street, he bumps shoulders with some guy walking in the opposite direction, and as they pass each other, they both around to look at the other, and when the guy turns around it's sylvester stallone. but it's true, after the beginning theme song stuff to laugh at, it's really not watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ETA: sorry, this was to Panic, but I took too long to type.

^^^^ Love that movie. All of the leads were great, even some of the light players (Denis O'Hare). I knew I had seen Tom Wilkinson before, but he blew me away in this movie. His opening monologue about the rebirth was Oscar worthy. SPOILERS:

The scene where they take care of him was brilliant and scary because you realize just how easy it is to off someone (kind of like when those reports about the Clinton (or was it Obama?) associate who was likely killed with a frozen bullet). Really good movie, timely material (water contamination and mental illness). One of my other favorite parts was when Sydney Pollack's character, who wants Tom Wilkinson's character 5150ed, asks who is the lawyer in their huge firm that knows the most about involuntary holds, and Clooney looks at him and deadpans that it's Tom Wilkinson's character. Then Clooney finally tracks down Wilkinson, while he's still in an obvious manic state ... Clooney brings up treatment and Wilkinson has an extreme moment of clarity for 60 seconds while explaining the mistakes they made if they really wanted him involuntarily committed. Even geniuses have mental illnesses. And the horses. And the scene between Clooney and Tilda's characters at the end. Really, really good movie. Two big thumbs up.
    great review! it got me excited for the movie again reading about it. omg, yes, the horses.
    Nevan and MohandasKGanja like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Hey, I love that movie. That Fiona the dancer chick was the shit!.

ETA: Her name was FINOLA Hughes and she was beautiful and talented. Mad girlcrush.

Waterslide and MohandasKGanja like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

So many kinds of fucked up, loved it.
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

Thread Information