Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1786Likes

Thread: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

I hope you approve of Mr Teller, CFG. He's my spare.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

We're the Millers - A good laugh. Wouldn't watch again but it did make me laugh a few times.
    Still Alice - Beautiful film! Julianne definitely deserved that Oscar. It made me cry!

InnerSpace - old 1987 sci-fi comedy movie that was on this morning while I was making the kids breakfast. Every time it comes on, I watch it all the way to the end. Stars Meg Ryan, Dennis Quaid and Martin Short. Ryan looks so cute here, I can't stand it. I think it's the movie where Ryan and Quaid fell in love - and they made another pretty good movie ("DOA") together a year after this one. Set in San Francisco, and I even recognized some of the streets from our April trip.

The Colony - was on cable last night. Stars Laurence Fishburn and Bill Paxton (as a bad good guy). It's a post-apocalyptic ice age, and people are living in a series of colonies. Fishburne and another couple of guys explore an outpost that sent a distress signal. It turns out that the outpost has been overrun by cannibals, who are now pursuing Fishburne's team all the way back to their home base. VERY gory. Surprisingly good special effects for a VERY low-budget movie (cost $16 million to make).
    Beeyotch and BITTER like this.

The To Do List with Aubrey Plaza. I enjoyed it.
    August: Osage County. Meryl Streep is awesome as ever as is my man Benedict Cumberbatch. I will even admit Whorlia was good but the movie was just meh at the end of the day.
    I also saw Avengers Age of Ultron again and enjoyed it even more. I still want Ruffalo to get his Hulk movie and Spader was just brilliant casting.
    yanna likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The Matrix - I never saw it! I enjoyed it. Didn't feel dated at all.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Bad Neighbors - Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! Made me laugh so I guess it was a win.
    Maleficent - Wasn't particularly impressed but wasn't overly disappointed either. I love Angelina

I was watching "Broken Flowers" a couple of days ago. It's a movie about a guy (Bill Murray) who gets a note saying that he has a 19-year-old son he never knew about. So, he visits a bunch of old gf's to try to track down his son.

Can anybody recognize this actress (without peeking)? I was totally blown away when I figured out who she was. A real chameleon:

Tilda swinton.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Tilda swinton.
    Yup. I thought she looked VERY different compared to the way I normally see her in films and events:

She does. Love the versatility here. Sometimes her facial expressions remind me of David Bowie and I like it.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Watching My Fellow Americans. One of my favorites. Jack Lemmon and James garner are the best.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I was watching "Broken Flowers" a couple of days ago. It's a movie about a guy (Bill Murray) who gets a note saying that he has a 19-year-old son he never knew about. So, he visits a bunch of old gf's to try to track down his son.
    OMG I flove that movie!!!! it has such an amazing soundtrack too! I have such memories from it, I dragged poor Aella to see it in the cinema with me and we had completely opposite experiences, I loved it and she hated it. And then later on we watched it with the boyfriend on DVD and I was prepared to have him hate it and stop it but he loved it and I ended up loving him even more just because we loved the same movie (I'm a sap, I know).

Mo, did you like the film? (I'm not coming on to you, I swear! lol)

We saw Avengers yesterday!!! Babysitter was half an hour late and we were freaking out about never making it there in time but we took a toll road and drove like the wind and we got there in 15 minutes or so (normally it takes much longer). I had the tickets in my phone, such crazy new technology, lol.

I loved the film! Not as much as the first. Ultron was great but Loki was better, no way around it. Also some stuff just felt disjointed and {spoilers though nothing major}

Whatever they were going for with Hawkeye... meh, didn't really work. Thor was pretty much a cameo *sob*, that red guy (vision?) was confusing, Gothic Olsen chick was ok, very pretty girl, not sure what she was going for with that Russian accent and wish she had worked more with the guy playing her twin to coordinate their accents, Ultron felt like something I should really know about but I didn't, I felt like I had missed something and even though I have seen all the Marvel films it's possible there's a lot of stuff I missed. But the stuff I loved.... OMG Hulk is awesomeness, pure awesomeness!!!! They have to do a Hulk movie. A Hulk and Black Widow movie. A Bruce and Nat movie *waves shipper flag* I don't get the criticism on Whedon for Black Widow I thought she was brilliant, absolutely brilliant! So much love!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

Pride of the Yankees w/Gary Cooper. He was the oldest looking college student in that movie, but i still love it.
    the actress that played his wife was married to Yul Brynner.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    OMG I flove that movie!!!! it has such an amazing soundtrack too! I have such memories from it, I dragged poor Aella to see it in the cinema with me and we had completely opposite experiences, I loved it and she hated it. And then later on we watched it with the boyfriend on DVD and I was prepared to have him hate it and stop it but he loved it and I ended up loving him even more just because we loved the same movie (I'm a sap, I know).

We saw Avengers yesterday!!! Babysitter was half an hour late and we were freaking out about never making it there in time but we took a toll road and drove like the wind and we got there in 15 minutes or so (normally it takes much longer). I had the tickets in my phone, such crazy new technology, lol.

I loved the film! Not as much as the first. Ultron was great but Loki was better, no way around it. Also some stuff just felt disjointed and {spoilers though nothing major}

Whatever they were going for with Hawkeye... meh, didn't really work. Thor was pretty much a cameo *sob*, that red guy (vision?) was confusing, Gothic Olsen chick was ok, very pretty girl, not sure what she was going for with that Russian accent and wish she had worked more with the guy playing her twin to coordinate their accents, Ultron felt like something I should really know about but I didn't, I felt like I had missed something and even though I have seen all the Marvel films it's possible there's a lot of stuff I missed. But the stuff I loved.... OMG Hulk is awesomeness, pure awesomeness!!!! They have to do a Hulk movie. A Hulk and Black Widow movie. A Bruce and Nat movie *waves shipper flag* I don't get the criticism on Whedon for Black Widow I thought she was brilliant, absolutely brilliant! So much love!
    I want to like that sentence a 1000 times. Through all of the movies she's been in, she's saved those guys countless times and she was a total bad ass in this film as well. Just because of one scene in this movie all of the sudden everyone is up in arms about her being a damsel in distress. GMAFB!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Yes, this is pretty much my kind of movie. Even though I feel like I spent the last week defending super-hero movies (which I only watch when I'm dragged to them by kids) I generally prefer low-key, non-formula movies like this. Another example is probably anything by Wes Anderson. Any time, "Moonrise Kingdom" comes on (which Bill Murray is also in), my kids and I will basically stop everything we are doing and watch it until the end.
    ManxMouse likes this.

Thread Information