Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if the classic Hollywood stars could always have stayed in their prime.....

Oooh, Gary Cooper would have been great in two Redford parts:
    in The Electric Horseman and The Horse Whisperer! Yeah, I could
    see him doing that.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I can totally see Robert Mitchum and Cary Grant in the remake of Dude, Where's my Car?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in Twilight.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

charlie chaplin would hace made an awesome 40 year-old virgin
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Judy Holiday or Claudette Colbert would have been hilarious as the lead in Legally Blonde.
    Or Jean Harlow. Marilyn Monroe, for that matter!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Nah.. part of the appeal of old Hollywood is what that era represents.. some great filmmaking, innovative techniques, carving out new and wonderful cinematic niches (for those time periods) and making a historical mark on film.. I think I prefer experiencing their legacies through films from 40 50, 60 years ago. I think if they had stayed in their prime they might have become over-exposed and that's one of the things I hate about some movie stars today.

sidney poitier and charlton heston in the fast and the furious would have been awesome.

and i think lifetime movies deserve the silver screen legends treatment. can you imagine a remake of mother, may i sleep with danger? starring a young jean harlow in the role played by tori spelling in the original? my god that would be brilliant.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hollywood finds new actors to inherit the same space as the old icons. You have George Clooney as Cary Grant, Meryl Streep filling in for Bette Davis and the other silver screen goddesses, Harrison Ford as this generation's Gary Cooper, Tom Hanks as the modern equivalent to James Stewart, Daniel Craig's charisma has something of Steve McQueen. I'm having difficulty of thinking of more women... a Monroe, an Elizabeth Taylor or an Audrey Hepburn for our time. That doesn't really work...

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Hollywood finds new actors to inherit the same space as the old icons. You have George Clooney as Cary Grant, Meryl Streep filling in for Bette Davis and the other silver screen goddesses, Harrison Ford as this generation's Gary Cooper, Tom Hanks as the modern equivalent to James Stewart, Daniel Craig's charisma has something of Steve McQueen. I'm having difficulty of thinking of more women... a Monroe, an Elizabeth Taylor or an Audrey Hepburn for our time. That doesn't really work...
    What she said.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

I want to see prime Bette Davis live on stage as Blanche in 'Streetcar' with prime Marlon Brando. *sigh* So many of my dreams and fantasies have yet to be fulfilled...
    Bringin' up old shit since 1998.

Can you imagine Chaplin in 2.5 men or Valentino is When Harry met Sally? No, maybe Topgun for him as the romantic hero.... It's just not gonna work
    Free Charmed.

Smile

Did you hear Betty white say on the sag awards ,she said everyone always asked her what is it that she would like to have done in life ,that she did not do ,she said Robert Redford ,the old glam puss is still quirky as can be just love her,she rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information