Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Weeds

Silas was right, no one is safe around her! When she was having the heart-to-heart with Shane about never getting hurt again, I could sense the huge eyerolls everyone was sending her!

I think she actually regrets having the baby with Esteban, and you could see that when she told Shane he was still her baby. The only reason the baby is still here is because Nancy wanted to live.

I'm interested to see where the hit on Pilar goes. I can see it back-firing on Nancy and Esteban ends up dead. Nancy thinks she's untouchable and I find myself wanting her to face the music somehow, but then there'd be no show!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Nancy thinks she's untouchable and I find myself wanting her to face the music somehow, but then there'd be no show!
    Yeah I want her to face the music too. Not death but maybe a Celia type of experience.

Uhg I"m so confused after the last episode. How did Nancy and Guillermo get on decent terms again? Last time we saw them, you got the idea that the only reason he didn't kill her was because there was glass between them. And why is Nancy asking Guillermo for help, when she's now married to his boss?

And now it seems like there is some actual love between Nancy & Esteban.

Can someone clarify? Were they in Mexico or Cali when Esteban got arrested? Obviously I think Pilar has these guys in her pocket and made a call...
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Can someone clarify? Were they in Mexico or Cali when Esteban got arrested? Obviously I think Pilar has these guys in her pocket and made a call...
    I think Mexico. I think Pilar had probably arranged it to.

Esteban's daughter is such a snob, so dismissive of Nancy.

Adelita was a straight-up snotty bitch. And Esteban paid a lot of money "to send her to Paris and put that stick there." And Nancy was offended for half the day then all lovey dovey with Esteban by bedtime. Staunch and proud supporter of him by next morning. Besides, it's true they never quite explained how she and Guillermo got back on good terms, never mind how she got off scot-free for ratting out the tunnel and getting 2 DEA guys killed.

I'm seriously starting to lose my ability to suspend disbelief. Nearly every episode I'm like, whatever, okay I'll believe these preposterous premises because I want to see how the story ends. And because there are still good laughs provided by Doug and Celia and her daughter.

I'm still confused about how Nancy and Guillermo are back on decent terms. And how can Nancy and Esteban seem like a marriage of convenience in one episode, and then horny lovebirds in the next?

I'm so confused.

I think it's because it's been slowly jumping the shark this whole season. You're confused because they haven't bothered to offer any explanation, they're just charging full steam ahead with outlandish storylines anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm seriously starting to lose my ability to suspend disbelief. Nearly every episode I'm like, whatever, okay I'll believe these preposterous premises because I want to see how the story ends. And because there are still good laughs provided by Doug and Celia and her daughter.
    I was saying the same thing to my friend today! I was like, this show is beyond ridiculous now and confusing to boot.

I can't believe this fine show has gone downhill so fast with these preposterous storylines. Esteban hates her one episode and the next one jumps 9 months later and they are so in lurve. And everything else you all have pointed out that doesn't make any damn sense. What a fucking shame. As a huge weed enthusiast myself, I have loved the irreverance of this show from the beginning. Now I'm just pissed.

Yeah, it's definitely the last season. They fucked it up good and need to put it out of its misery.

Ooh, I forgot about Andy. His sex scenes with Alanis would have been so hot if it hadn't been for Alanis' unfortunate horseface. I still wonder if they're going to attempt to put Andy and Nancy together in the end.

I don't really want Nancy and Andy together. It feels like inbreeding or something.

Last night, another plot twist occurred to me: if Esteban is convicted and stays in jail, then they could be laying the groundwork for Esteban still winning the election ('it was too late to take my name off the ballot! the people have spoken!'), so he 'appoints' Nancy the Governor. The show seems to be building to a Mexico-based plotline. And Guillermo's case is in Mexico, so he gets off and then he Nancy become the big crime /drug bosses. Also, if Esteban is Gov. when/if Pilar is offed then he could cover it up or give Nancy immunity.

this show is so ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I don't really want Nancy and Andy together. It feels like inbreeding or something.

Last night, another plot twist occurred to me: if Esteban is convicted and stays in jail, then they could be laying the groundwork for Esteban still winning the election ('it was too late to take my name off the ballot! the people have spoken!'), so he 'appoints' Nancy the Governor. The show seems to be building to a Mexico-based plotline. And Guillermo's case is in Mexico, so he gets off and then he Nancy become the big crime /drug bosses. Also, if Esteban is Gov. when/if Pilar is offed then he could cover it up or give Nancy immunity.

this show is so ridiculous!
    They really need to hire you to write for them!! Excellent.

Well I don't think you can hold office if you're not a citizen but hey, with the way this show is going I'm not sure that matters. I mean if little details like leaving 3 DEA agents dead in her wake with no legal consequence whatsoever is no biggie, why the hell not?

I was over at TVwoP forums and they're onto these huge discrepancies too. So many unlikely twists in the plot, all that stuff with how she's still alive, still lovey-dovey with Esteban, still on talking terms with Guillermo, none of it makes sense. Viewers aren't buying it and it's making the show suck so I hope the writers know that.

I'm waiting for the show to get canceled. The first few seasons were AMAZING and now it is horrible.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information