Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Weeds

Ok why did they progress the show 6 months later? This just threw me off! And of course Esteban's married or something, I mean what the hell is Nancy thinking?

I'm just wondering if somehow Guillermo will get out of jail and come after her. She's taunting him way too much for there to be no story there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I'm also waiting for Esteban and the drug cartel to find out about Silus and Doug's medical marijuana biz and bring the hurt bc they are 'cutting into their business' and Nancy didn't tell him about it.

Maybe that won't happen, but it seems like it could.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Ok why did they progress the show 6 months later?
    Where/when did they do that? I missed that part too.

^^cali, monday's episode was 6 months into the future from last week's episode.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    ^^cali, monday's episode was 6 months into the future from last week's episode.
    OMG- i just realized that I was totally confused and thought new episodes came on Wed. So I haven't seen the 6-months in advance epi yet- which is awesome bc now I have a new epi to watch! Hooray!

I just started watching this. Did anyone see the latest show that speaks spanish? I want to know what the lady was saying to the fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by B.C. View Post
    I just started watching this. Did anyone see the latest show that speaks spanish? I want to know what the lady was saying to the fiance.
    Me too!

ETA: found it!
    Translation 1:
    'basically what was said was, "What do you think you are doing? You didn't think I would find out that you're screwing this f-ing white girl? Now you want to marry her? All the eyes of Mexico are on you. I invested my hope, my money, my time into you and you do this to me? You should have killed her when you had the chance. You need to choose."

Then Esteban says, "You want me to choose between you or Nancy?"

She replies, "I want you to choose between yourself or Nancy!"

TRANSLATION PLEASE!! - Weeds Wiki | Official Weeds Fansite!!

Translation 2:
    'What do you believe you are doing eh? You were already going far, dont you think (?) You had to have an adventure with a pincha gringa? It's fine that you have to have a son with her. But to marry her? Are you crazy? All eyes in Mexico are on you. All of my hopes, my effort, my money and my time are invested in you. (I think it says here: You would have killed the slutty pincha gringa when.... '

ESTEBAN : Are you saying that I have to choose between you and Nancy?

PILAR : No, Esteban. I am saying you have to choose between yourself and her
    TRANSLATION PLEASE!! - Weeds Wiki | Official Weeds Fansite!!

ETA 2: Did Doug kill the cop? I just read on another board that he did, but I didn't see that in the episode.
    Last edited by Cali; July 15th, 2009 at 11:27 PM.

It's either his wife who is independently wealthy or it's his sister, and his family is independently wealthy. Either way, they don't like him running off and getting a gringa pregnant and then marrying her. Whoever she was, she was threatening to cut him out of that wealth and he is so caving and about to leave Nancy in the dust. Enter the late abortion courtesy of alanis morrissette, m.d.

I don't think it was clear whether or not doug killed the cop or if maybe it was just a really bad bump, though I can't remember if I saw blood?

I may have been getting ready for work when I watched that part, but I thought it was just the fact the cop already giving them shit had now been injured in their shop, it didn't even cross my mind he could be dead

Apparently he was just knocked out, I guess he's in an extended preview for next week on showtime's website.

^^ okay that's good. I didn't really want to have to keep track of another murder plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    It's either his wife who is independently wealthy or it's his sister, and his family is independently wealthy. Either way, they don't like him running off and getting a gringa pregnant and then marrying her. Whoever she was, she was threatening to cut him out of that wealth and he is so caving and about to leave Nancy in the dust. Enter the late abortion courtesy of alanis morrissette, m.d.
    I just remembered a spoiler I read somewhere. Pilar (the angry woman yelling at Esteban) isn't his wife or sister- its his boss. She's the drug cartel boss.

Thanks NoDay. So this rich man is the father of her baby. I thought the daddy was the guy in jail or the guy hanging out with her son (?). I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    ^^ okay that's good. I didn't really want to have to keep track of another murder plot twist.

I just remembered a spoiler I read somewhere. Pilar (the angry woman yelling at Esteban) isn't his wife or sister- its his boss. She's the drug cartel boss.
    Oh that's a cool twist. His drug boss is a woman. I hope we see more of her.

Ohh, so she's the drug cartel boss. I like that it's a woman boss.

I'm almost getting tired of how Nancy always miraculously lands on her feet every time, no matter how unlikely the twist. Her comeuppance has been building up for a very long time, wonder how it's going to play out. It's way unrealistic that she's even still alive at this point.

^ I agree! In the real world she would have been dead as soon as she got involved with the DEA guy...Then now with the Fed that was killed, how is no one in the bureau investigating? That just doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

The cop didn't get killed. He was arrested for his extortion of businesses

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information