Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Weeds

Okay, I think I might be done with this show now. Its just too dark and violent. And the ending of this week's show, where Esteban violently forced himself on Nancy was just too much.

Its not even funny or entertaining anymore.

nancy is in full downward spiral mode.
    i'm still watching though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Wondering if someone was confusing Shane with Silas? I miss Conrad and Heylia.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Okay, I think I might be done with this show now. Its just too dark and violent. And the ending of this week's show, where Esteban violently forced himself on Nancy was just too much.

Its not even funny or entertaining anymore.
    I agree that was pretty shocking and this season is not as funny as previous. Unfortunately I am hooked and wanting to see how it all turns out.
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town. George Carlin

Yeah that last scene was pretty dark...but I'm hooked. Nancy got herself into this whole mess, imo. We reap what we sow...You mess around with Mexican drug lords, you have to be ready for the consequences. Not that I think what he did was ok in anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Wondering if someone was confusing Shane with Silas? I miss Conrad and Heylia.
    Aww I miss them too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I'm hooked too. The bf and I just caught up on last season and this one so far. Didn't watch tonight, gonna wait for bf to get back from business trip.

I agree it's getting too dark. I don't like Esteban or that DEA guy. He's such a creep. I loved the show when it was more light and funny. Doug still cracks me up, but the show as a whole has been lacking laughs. I'm going to continue to watch though.

I used to laugh during most of the show, now not so much...I'll wait to discuss until there's something more interesting!

Alanis Morrisette is gonna be on next week!

P.S. Silas is such a hottie still!
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Last week's episode was MUCH better. I like that they are opening the medical marijuana store- maybe they'll get back to being regular pot dealers.

i liked the scenes with andy & the bank worker.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I like that they've seriously pulled back on the darkness. This weeks episode was so good!

I just can't imagine how this is all going to turn out. It almost makes me wonder if they are laying the groundwork for a spin-off or something. Like Silus and Doug running a medical marijuana clinic, while Nancy becomes the drug lords wife and exists stage left.

I mean, how is she going to get out of that one? I guess she could lose the baby but would she be able to part ways with the cartel?

i'm thinking esteban will probably die and nancy might end up the widow cartel boss...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm thinking esteban will probably die and nancy might end up the widow cartel boss...
    Oh good god- that would be such a trip! That's a great idea though- could totally see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this is what my hubby thinks, too.

i love jenji kohan's writing on weeds. you think she's painted herself into a corner & then somehow she ends up pulling it all off. that's one of the things that i love about this show.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I was really impressed with last night's episode. I was cheering Nancy on when she put the smack down on that teacher, but then she had to go and break poor Andy's heart. Do you think she just said that to appease him that night?

Now I'm totally thinking the whole widow scenario will play into the story. Also, I thought he was married already...

That whole de-virginizing scene under the pier had me cracking up and vomiting a little...

Wow it's going to be a Michael Jackson situation when it comes to the birthing. She'll give birth and the drug lord will snatch the baby. She should so split. I'm liking this show a lot more than I did inititally. Although I do think the Kevin Neelon (or whatever his name is) character is very lame and artificial. N

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information