Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weeds

Yeah I'm starting to like Silas this season too, he was such a whiner before. Shane really is coming into his own character as well, I loved his speech at graduation last year!

This show is amazing all around!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

With all of these great reviews, I will have to watch it now.

Mary Kate SUCKS!

Holy necro!

I just watched Weeds for the FIRST TIME!

I didn't have Showtime, and just joined "Netflix", so I can watch it on my computer! I've now seen the first 4 shows from the first season, and I'm addicted!

^ Oh shizzy, just wait till you get to this season. It's freaking awesome. Last episode I was at the edge of my seat! I won't discuss since you just started watching but you're in for a treat!!!
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I wish I had showtime, I'm so annoyed that I'll have to wait until Season 4 comes out on DVD to watch it.

I love this show, it's one of my favs.

^When does/did season 4 start? I might have to get rid of HBO, which I've only used for John Adams in the past year, to switch to Showtime.

(Had my sister watch it today, and now she's switching over to Showtime as well..)

season 4 started up in mid-june & there have been about 4 episodes so far, iirc. i am really digging this season & the new direction it's going in. i like the guillermo character quite a bit; did y'all notice that is one of the guys from half-baked? and, i enjoyed albert brooks' appearance in the first few episodes.

and, as usual there are so many quotable lines. so many.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

^ Actually the actor's name is Guillermo Diaz.

This was his finest acting moment

YouTube - quiting the right way

(The embedding didn't work so here's the link)

I just realized I'm about 3 weeks behind, the last ep I saw was the drop in the middle of the desert. Looks like I'm gonna be catching up on OnDemand tonight.

Okay, I've been following this season. And generally, I'm loving the direction they're taking it.

I LOVE the crazy stuff Guillermo is making Nancy go through. And I love even more the emerging relationship with the crooked TJ mayor. The back of his limo scene, the look on Nancy's face cracked me up!

I do have a big icky factor with the cougar storyline. I just can't handle it, even if everyone involved is way attractive (Silas is pretty fucking hot I think, but still) I think it's way gross, sorry.

I did start thinking how carefully they toe the line re: drugs. Nancy is staunchly against dealing with anything harder than pot, yet when the opportunity presented itself to earn a legitimate living and leave the drug-dealing behind, she chose not to. She could have gotten a legitimate job like so many working single moms across the country, but she chose to follow the money. It's like they're using the justification of weed being a soft drug not worth criminalizing (which I believe too) so it's okay to choose it as a career to support your children.

I have trouble with that because think of the horrible consequences for her kids if she ever got caught and sent to jail or killed by the drug lords, etc. It makes me lose a little bit of respect for her character, even if she's still likeable. And now the kids are actively involved--which works to her benefit because Shane is actually much smarter than all of them put together.

And in spite of this, it's a credit to the writers' talents that they make you root for the characters even after exposing their flaws. Except for Celia. I still want her to go out with a bang somehow. Although I do enjoy watching her daughter rip on her with her brutally honest quips and acidic barbs.

Eli

Yeah I rented season 1 a few months ago when I was sick in bed all week. Shame it only lasted 6 hours lol. But it was enjoyable. I will rent season 2 soon, but no rush. It's not really gold, it's just enjoyable.
    Crass word here, I hate the effing brother-in-law.

I can't believe this fell to the 3rd page. Isn't anyone following Weeds this season?

I love that Nancy finally had an epiphany about exactly what I was last saying re: her hypocrisy about drugs. Still, I think it's going to end badly for her if she follows her conscience and does "the right thing." I wonder how they'll get her out of it...since the season's almost over, they're probably building up to a nice cliff-hanger final episode.

^I'm watching it-last episode was all sorts of awesome. I like how things are coming apart for everyone.

Are they planning another season? I kind of have to wonder how the hell Nancy will continue her small-time 'business' under the radar after turning ratting out the freakin' Mafia to the authorities. And a plotline of 'watch Nancy adjust to the horror that is legitimate employment' just doesn't have the same bite, you know?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I cannot believe Nancy. I understand where she is coming from but she is the one who got herself into this. And now she's taking on the Mafia, she's just dumb dumb dumb. I'm sure that if she went to the Mayor he would be able to do something about it, even though he tries to wash his hands clean of it. When she made that call I so knew she was going to the Feds.

And yes the cougar storyline is grossing me out too. I love the last episode where that sandwich patron told Silas his "mom" (aka his fuckbuddy) that she was a bitch. The whole cheese store scenario is just trouble waiting to happen.

Then we have Shane and those two little teenage sluts. I cannot believe that happened. Who here thinks we're looking at a 4-some?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information