Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Watching Old TV Shows on Netflix

Deleted post ... just noticed I posted it in the wrong thread. Oy.
    Last edited by aabbcc; June 28th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

I've watched a ton of shows on Netflix. I never watched Mad Men and watched the whole series (4 seasons at the time) in about 3 weeks. I also watched Damages, which was really good during season one, then it became progressively unwatchable. I also got into The Killing on Netflix. I watched the first season a few days before the second season started. Let's see...I also watched Weeds, caught up on Desperate Housewives, re-watched Dexter, Melrose Place and I'm sure there are others. I also like HBO Go. They have all of the excellent HBO shows. I'm starting to watch Six Feet Under. I watched most of it but I missed a lot of episodes so there are a ton of gaps. Those were the days before DVR's I'm also re-watching The Sopranos.

Netflix has a lot of great kids programming, too. Lot's of Sesame Street, Elmo and Pocoyo for the kidlet

After Father Ted I think I'll go on to Sons of Anarchy.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Netflix Canada does!
    How does Netflix Canada have Soap and not the US? I shall find a way to protest!!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

You're still better off. American Netflix has a much better variety than Canadian Netflix. I'll tell you what, I will trade Soap for Northern Exposure.

I'm still miffed that they took off Roseanne a few months back, that was my favorite, "I'm bored, let me watch something I've seen a million times" Netflix watch.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    love his stuff. saw him live here a few years ago, he had a run of a few weeks at a theater in the village.

hitler, hitler, hitler, hitler
    watched some of Dylan Moran's stuff on YouTube last night and was crying, he's kind of adorable, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Some of what you may be picking up on is that the tone of the show changed after season 5. It left filming in Vancouver and went to LA and suddenly all the dark, dreariness that added a lot to the show disappeared and suddenly it's sunshine and palm trees. If you're talking in terms of the storylines, season 5 was after the resolution to Scully's cancer and so they focused on a lot of monster-of-the-week type stuff and just put the mytharc in here and there. That's also the season that introduced Diana Fowley. To her credit, Mimi Rogers was so convincing in that role, that I hate her to this day.
    I have to rewatch the Mimi Rogers ones. I watched everything all at once and some of it is blurring into one big episode. I'm always impressed when anyone can talk about all the episodes by title and I'm like, yeah, that's the one where the thing was there and I think there was a gross thing. lol I get more out of it than that, but I always end up picking up something new when I watch these things a few times. I did remember that some of the post-season 5 stuff didn't bother me as much as it bothered others, and I loved a lot of the "funny" episodes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I've watched a ton of shows on Netflix. I never watched Mad Men and watched the whole series (4 seasons at the time) in about 3 weeks. I also watched Damages, which was really good during season one, then it became progressively unwatchable. I also got into The Killing on Netflix. I watched the first season a few days before the second season started. Let's see...I also watched Weeds, caught up on Desperate Housewives, re-watched Dexter, Melrose Place and I'm sure there are others. I also like HBO Go. They have all of the excellent HBO shows. I'm starting to watch Six Feet Under. I watched most of it but I missed a lot of episodes so there are a ton of gaps. Those were the days before DVR's I'm also re-watching The Sopranos.

Netflix has a lot of great kids programming, too. Lot's of Sesame Street, Elmo and Pocoyo for the kidlet
    That's how I got into The Killing, too. Rosie Larsen's picture kept beckoning me, and it was so dark and dreary, I got hooked. I watched it just a week before the second season, too.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    How does Netflix Canada have Soap and not the US? I shall find a way to protest!!
    I'll protest with you! I love Soap!
    Laurent likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That's how I got into The Killing, too. Rosie Larsen's picture kept beckoning me, and it was so dark and dreary, I got hooked. I watched it just a week before the second season, too.
    My boyfriend was watching and he said "Oh, you'll love this show. It's dark and dreary, lots of rain, about a murder and set in Seattle. Perfect for you." and he was right.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    My boyfriend was watching and he said "Oh, you'll love this show. It's dark and dreary, lots of rain, about a murder and set in Seattle. Perfect for you." and he was right.
    LOL, that description sounds perfect for me, too.....and it's even more perfect with your avy!
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I'm also still mad about them losing Roseanne. I watched it every night.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    LOL, that description sounds perfect for me, too.....and it's even more perfect with your avy!
    HA!! I never realized just how much my avatar says about me
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Dylan Moran's standup is also great.

Sorry to bump but I just started watching Dylan's standup after hearing you mention him(never heard of him, he's not that big in the US unfortunently) and WOW!

He's hilarious, absolutely brilliant. Looks like Black Books is next on my queue.
    Rusalka and Waterslide like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information