Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Violent as hell movies

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Did anyone go to this? The only theaters showing it in NY were in NYC so I was really upset I didn't get to see any of the films.

As for movies with a lot of gore, I recently saw The Departed which not only scared that crap out of me (and I'm a horror film fiend, I NEVER get scared or grossed out) but it had sooooooo much blood and gore. I found myself closing my eyes a couple of times.
    Crazy stuff.
    I went to this and the movies are not that good. these to me are movies that should have gone straight to DVD. they are not terrible but its BS that they havnt been seen before because they are too graphic. This was just a ploy to make money. i jumped a few times during a couple of them but true horror movie lovers will not find these great horror films. Wait until they are released on DVD, not worth the money.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

Battle Royale. It's pretty violent, but it's definitely not gratuitous.
    debauched.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    American History X (that scene where he has that guy bite down on the curb)
    OH GOD!!! I had just gotten that image out of my mind, too! :S I like movies with lots of gore (yes, I know, cheap thrills), but that scene really, really disturbed me. *shudder*
    2 years...

when you wan't to see violent movies, you can count on mr. quentin tarantino. at the same time his movies are excellent too!

sin city (in which tarantino ques-directed in) is also totally violent.

eek yes, chalk up another for Audition. Brr. In a similar vein to that film-'Hard Candy' hard me squirming in my seat the other day. Features a LOVELY castration sequence, you don't see any gore but the suggestion of it was quite enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    OH GOD!!! I had just gotten that image out of my mind, too! :S I like movies with lots of gore (yes, I know, cheap thrills), but that scene really, really disturbed me. *shudder*
    I hated that movie, absolutely hated it. It might be considered good cinema, but it disturbed me.

'ravenous' - a movie about cannibalism on some forgotten fort in the sierra nevadas during the civil war. it's totally over the top and the black humour makes it a bit less disgusting.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    American History X (that scene where he has that guy bite down on the curb)
    Yes that was a shocker!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    "Make them die slowly" - a gruesome Italian early 80's movie. Banned in Britain.

here is a summary:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, the plot involves some college kids vacationing in Columbia who all die. Somewhere a detective searches for a drug dealer. Not a clue.

Now the good parts. A guy gets crucified and castrated in one scene in nice detail, and if that weren't enough, the Native American celebrates by eating the man's genitals! Ha, ha! Another scene shows a woman strung up with two meat hooks through her breasts. Another kid gets decapitated while those kooky natives feast on his brain. This is all shown in pretty graphic detail too, folks. On top of that, real scenes of animals getting brutalized are shown.For fans of meaningless gore and toture, meet your new favorite movie. I see no reason for this to be made then to turn people's stomachs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    truly disgusting movie!!! There was a real air of reality in this(maybe the animal torture helped with that) and it was really disturbing to me. Also they did not all die..one survived. the castration/dick eating scene was very graphically and explicitly done*shudder*

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OMG, I remember this disgusting movie! I saw it once about 15 years ago. Those scenes still disturb me to this day. I didn't know about real scenes of animals getting brutalized, though. I'm glad I didn't know that at the time I saw it. I love horror movies, but I just remember thinking that they went overboard with this one. There was something extra creepy about it that made me feel very uneasy.

The Descent is being billed as one of the most scariest and goriest movies of the year. So of course I went to see it and was disapointed. I wasn't scared at all. I demand a real scary movie for over the Christmas break!

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    OMG, I remember this disgusting movie! I saw it once about 15 years ago. Those scenes still disturb me to this day. I didn't know about real scenes of animals getting brutalized, though. I'm glad I didn't know that at the time I saw it. I love horror movies, but I just remember thinking that they went overboard with this one. There was something extra creepy about it that made me feel very uneasy.
    I know what you mean! It was hard to realize that it was not really some kind of snuff movie.. and I am glad also that I as well did NOT know at the time about the animals really getting tortured and killed..
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

A Clockwork Orange. I still have nightmares.

Just saw Turista, hot chicks and dudes, but come on, was it REALLY necessary to show graphic scenes of surgery and mayhem and murder? Don't get me wrong I ain't no prude and love gore and violence as much as anyone else but coming along the heels of saw 3, all this nastiness is making me queasy and say no mas.

Mind you, I'm someone that grew up watching the friday the thirteenth and other gore fests, but still something about these movies are too much!

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I just saw Saw 3, and wow, Gore galore. So it got me to thinking what other really violent films are out there, name them here, and discuss!

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. Most of the time i wasn't even looking at the screen because it was so hard to bear..

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought Saw 3. Then I read you also thought the same. Saw 1,2,and 3 are nothing but gore.

Hostel is well for sure.

I love them!

Okay, its been quite awhile since we've added anything to this thread and its the time of year when I'm interested in some good gore/horror.

Spartacus (the Starz miniseries)
    Shaitan and Irreversible (both with Vincent Cassel)
    Salo: 120 Days of Sodom (I do NOT recommend this to anyone, its incredibly disturbing)
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information