Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Violent as hell movies

Ah, Faces of Death. That's an 80's flashback!

I thought Sin City was very violent. Good film, but violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    (especially for their time) Taxi Driver, Raging Bull

Psycho(for it's time and for the shock of the apparent main character getting horrificly murdered almost halfway through the film-had never really been done before)
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Manboob View Post
    There's a Japanese film called 'Audition' that is horrific. It's the only film that ever made me leave the cinema. I honestly thought I'd be sick and I like horrors.
    that movie shocked and scared the hell out of me. seriously disturbing too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

And any scary movies with extreme gore and violence just piss me off
    Me too. Most horror movies today depend on gore instead of actually frightening concepts. That's why I prefer the older horror movies. A really good non-gory horror movie is Frailty, starring Matthew McConaughey and Bill Paxton. It has a really creepy premise and very minimal gore.

One violent movie that I saw recently was House of 1000 Corpses. It was perverse and had extreme violence and gore.

The movies that bother me the most are the ones that could possibly be true. Jason and Freddy Krueger-no. Exorcist? Frailty? yes...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Anything by Italian horror directors Mario Bava, Lucio Fulci, and Dario Argento is a gorefest. They're artistic about the gore, though.

Has anyone else seen the commercials for this filmfest that's supposed to happen this weekend? The tagline on the TV ad says something about how these movies were too scary or gory to be released before.

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Manboob View Post
    Another Japanese one is 'Ichi the Killer' which is weird and excellent and unbelievably violent.
    I agree with you about "Ichi." I had nightmares for some time after watching it.
    Rock the fuck on!

hm..have you guys seen the entity?Fucking creepy..well if not its about this woman who is/was supernaturally raped..suppose to be a true story..talk about fucking creepy..the rape scenes didn't show much..but it was enough to really creep you out..couldn't get over it..I'd say the original dawn of the dead..where the zombies enter the mall because of some idiot bikers..and they rip this guy open and all his intestines..and organs spill out..and they ..start..to eat them..yum.

I have never heard of ichi..I really really would love to see horrorfest though.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I loved Saw 3. I cringe at the gore but cannot stop watching these types of movies!

ps. Yep The Hills Have Eyes was making me sick. In particular a scene with a boob and a mutant. Won't go into detail and spoil it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    I agree with you about "Ichi." I had nightmares for some time after watching it.

Where can I find this one?

28 Days Later was pretty violent as well. But I did enjoy the Cillian Murphy ass-kicking scenes.

Anyone interested in slasher films should check out this new documentary called Going to Pieces:The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489062/ It's on Starz and InDemand this month.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    hm..have you guys seen the entity?Fucking creepy..well if not its about this woman who is/was supernaturally raped..suppose to be a true story..talk about fucking creepy..the rape scenes didn't show much..but it was enough to really creep you out..couldn't get over it..I'd say the original dawn of the dead..where the zombies enter the mall because of some idiot bikers..and they rip this guy open and all his intestines..and organs spill out..and they ..start..to eat them..yum.
    I have never heard of ichi..I really really would love to see horrorfest though.

This reminds me of that scene in the Silence of the Lambs sequel, when Anthony Hopkins slices that guys belly open after hanging him out thru the open window, and his intestines spew out onto the street below.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    Anyone interested in slasher films should check out this new documentary called Going to Pieces:The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489062/ It's on Starz and InDemand this month.

Thanks for the link Daphne.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Has anyone else seen the commercials for this filmfest that's supposed to happen this weekend? The tagline on the TV ad says something about how these movies were too scary or gory to be released before.

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

Did anyone go to this? The only theaters showing it in NY were in NYC so I was really upset I didn't get to see any of the films.

As for movies with a lot of gore, I recently saw The Departed which not only scared that crap out of me (and I'm a horror film fiend, I NEVER get scared or grossed out) but it had sooooooo much blood and gore. I found myself closing my eyes a couple of times.
    Crazy stuff.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

"Make them die slowly" - a gruesome Italian early 80's movie. Banned in Britain.

here is a summary:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, the plot involves some college kids vacationing in Columbia who all die. Somewhere a detective searches for a drug dealer. Not a clue.

Now the good parts. A guy gets crucified and castrated in one scene in nice detail, and if that weren't enough, the Native American celebrates by eating the man's genitals! Ha, ha! Another scene shows a woman strung up with two meat hooks through her breasts. Another kid gets decapitated while those kooky natives feast on his brain. This is all shown in pretty graphic detail too, folks. On top of that, real scenes of animals getting brutalized are shown.For fans of meaningless gore and toture, meet your new favorite movie. I see no reason for this to be made then to turn people's stomachs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    truly disgusting movie!!! There was a real air of reality in this(maybe the animal torture helped with that) and it was really disturbing to me. Also they did not all die..one survived. the castration/dick eating scene was very graphically and explicitly done*shudder*

another review:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally released as "Cannibal Ferox," this is the classic by Italian director Umberto Lenzi that was banned in 31 foreign countries, full of scenes of anacondas eating little furry animals, tigers chewing up monkeys in the jungle, punji-stick impalements, and one notorious scene where cannibals tie an American drug dealer to a stake, put three-inch-long bloodsuckers all over his body, gouge out his eyeball with a machete, and hack off his privates. What we've got here is a bunch of stupid white people from New York University who go down to the Amazon Jungle to prove cannibalism doesn't exist, but on the way they have to keep stopping so a blonde named Myrna can have sex with anything that moves. They meet up with two cokehead drug dealers who are using the native to make bean-bag chairs, and pretty soon everybody's getting turned into a Swanson TV dinner. Great educational scene in which the cannibals put Aunt Jemima flour all over their faces and eat scrambled Joe, but it gets even better when they start cutting off various parts of Mike's body, like they were ordering from Colonel Sanders, and while doing that they do the female version of "A Man Called Horse" on Myrna and then put the top of Mike's head up through a hole in a wooden table so they can make cheese dip. A 98 on the Vomit Meter. Fourteen dead bodies. Eight breasts. Squished-bird eating. Caterpillar-eating. Cannibal torture. Leech-sucking. Caged humans. Pig torture. Blow-dart Fu. Eyeball rolls. Arm rolls. Gazebos roll. Half a head rolls. Two gratuitous furry-animal murders. Great slime-eating tribe of extras. Turtle hacking. Hooks through the titties. And one of the greatest lines in the history of film: "No, don't eat that! It might be Rudy!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information