Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vikings

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The song for the opening credits makes me laugh my ass off, too. But I still like the show.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    LOL. If it's no biggie, then why are you yelling at me? You may be a tad biased. Just a tad. You loved him as a model, so he must be a great actor, too. And a great bike designer. Maybe he'll take up opera singing next and you'll think he's great at that too. 'Cause, you know, you chatted with him on MySpace.
    Wasn't yelling. I accidently hit my caps twice but didn't want to fix the whole thing. I'm a lazy bitch. I have no problem with you not liking the show or him. That's your preogative. I do think he is a great actor and there is no bias. WE don't all like the same things. He sucked at first/ His first role was a tarzan thing and he sucked....he was great on the beast and as i said...i feel this is his role.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    The song for the opening credits makes me laugh my ass off, too. But I still like the show.
    Why do you laugh? Curious. ;p;

If I had a heart by Fever Ray is an excellent song.

Ok so some random thoughts on Series 1. It was a good yarn, I was entertained, didn't mind the smirking too much. They managed to put couple of hundred years of history to 1 year but oh well that's storytelling. But beware, the bitching starts now.

- the candles. in every fucking room there were shitloads of candles to burn. Candles were expensive, but in this show the poorest of the poor had like 4-5 candles burning in every room all the time, even when you could see through the walls that there was sunshine outside. which brings me to next subject
    - the see-through walls. Clearly the peeps who built the sets had never set their feet in Scandinavia. Every building in this show was a fucking barn. The meekest summer wind would tear those shoddy walls apart. In Scandinavia its fucking cold, the snow and rain comes sideways.
    - People living in core family units. Um, no. Man, wife, two kids and a dog in a two bedroom house is a modern invention. Not to mention that they lived in a farm, so there would be need for workforce in feilds. There would be grandparents, aunts, etc extended family + servants and slaves. If you owned a land, you will need men to farm it. One dude who is away raiding is not going to be enough. There would be one girl at least slaving in the house and one or two men working in the fields.

There were other stuff that bugged me but I'll ignore it now. I loved the raids in England, that was the best part of the show. It was exactly as I imagined it to be. Bunch of tall blond pagans with axes riding in raping and pillaging and Brits going just wtf just happened.

forgot to add that WTF that you mean that Vikings did not know that England was there? There was trade, ships went front and back god knows how long. Romans loved Baltic amber, Tacitus wrote about Baltic seas, do you really think that Scandinavians had not heard of the brits before? I mean, Shetland and Orkney Islands are right there, next to Norway. You just sail south from there.
    Last edited by Linne; February 23rd, 2015 at 06:27 AM.
    BeantownBitch and Sassiness like this.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Yup, def a lot of candles. lol

Anyone still watching? I am of course. I am a little embarrassed about something...hehehe.
    Ummm what the fuck did she [princessk] do to Rag down near the water to his wound? Did she pee on it? I could not get it.
    She couldn't have boinked him it was only like 3 seconds. lmao.

Elite Member

OMG Ragnar is so fucking hot. After Sons of Anarchy ended I was so depressed I wouldn't get a Charlie Hunnam fix anymore but Ragnar makes up for it. The plot lines are ok too. lol

Edited to add: Yeah I think she peed on him. That Princess chick is hideous/crazy.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Last night was awesome. Floki is al fucked up now. Something is def up however.i think someone is going not sure who.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The Paris set was hilarious!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Yep. They did not win. Floki is so messed up now. They are all abunch of crazed loonies! hahaaa

Glad to see this thread. I tried to get into it, but it didn't click so will give it another go!

Ragnar is BACK! Thursday....BE THERE!! Whoot!

I keep meaning to binge this. I've seen a few random episodes, and what I've seen has impressed me - but also confused me, because that's generally what happens when you start a show 3/4 of the way into the second season.....

the ads for season 3 look amazing.

I just binged Season 1 and I like it quite a bit. Huge inaccuracies, but I'm not really watching it to learn anything, just to be entertained. Ragnar has creeper eyes and is not doing it for me and I hate his smirky acting. Every once in awhile he looks kinda hot, then he turns around with that smirk and i go off him again. I think Lagretha and Rollo are the stars of the show and Rollo is smoking.

I really hate that bitch Aslaug.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information