Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries

I'm still angry about what happened with Vicki but still watching. As long as Ian is around they've got me.

i had to google ian somerhalder, then i saw it was the pretty boy from 'lost'. meh. not my type.
    but from what you guys are saying, this show sounds fantastically brainless. i must start watching. even if i am getting tired of this stupid vampire trend.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ian in Lost is totally different from Ian in VD. He's quite good, plays devilish really well. Totally grew on me.

^^^
    it's the looks i can't warm up to. he reminds me of james marsden and the guy who played jeremy darling in 'dirty sexy money'. some women go crazy over this type of guy but i find them totally unsexy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

His eyes are very close together, it's distracting sometimes. I don't find him particularly attractive, but every now & then he does this smirk thing, and I think "Well, maaaaybe..."

Is anyone else watching this season? It's such a guilty pleasure...

I friggin love this show. I won't ruin last night's episode for everyone, but the ending was fantastic - my opinion, anyways. Can't wait for season 2!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I thought so too! [hidden text below]

When Elena/Catherine was making out with Damon, I couldn't believe it. Then the kitchen scene... things are really heating up!

Haha! I thought so too, this show brings out the teenager in me, probably not in a good way Hidden below:

When Elena was making out with Damon, my husband was laughing because he knew that's what I've been waiting about ten episodes for - I want them together. And then when Elena turns out to be Katherine, that was a good twist. I knew that would happen sooner or later (I figured Elena would be snatched by Katherine and then a switch), I just wasn't expecting it at that particular moment. I think it satisfies both camps, you get to see Damon with Elena without Elena actually cheating. I just liked the look on Damon's face, like "what the fuck?" I think he knew something was up, either he recognized Katherine's kiss or he wondered why Elena would kiss him when she was so adamant earlier that day that he stop flirting with her. Either way, it was hot. I was just really sad that Anna and Pearl were staked, I loved both of those vamps - and damn, Pearl was hot. Gorgeous lady. I'm so over Jeremy and his emo vibes, get over it already, it's only high school. And I'm liking the direction that the Tyler/werewolf thing is going. Who would have thought this would turn out to be such a good show, especially on the CW?

Can't wait for season 2.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

More below:

OH, I know, the drama is high stakes (and I know the teenager vibes... the show does the same to me, and incidentally, chatting about it makes me really feel like an excited teenager). I turn it way down when I watch at home, so that my boyfriend doesn't kill himself laughing at me.

I loved the Katherine twist and it was somehow satisfying to see a connection with Damon because you could feel it coming for so long but at the same time I agree, it was a bit predictable in that the viewer had to know it wasn't actually Elena.

Also, I am so over Jeremy's whining and whinging. I'm so sure someone will save the day before he has a chance to do something really rash. At the risk of sounding like an ass, pill popping is a poor way to try to end human life. Most of the time, it doesn't work.

The werewolf angle is excellent, and I am pretty sure we'll be seeing more of the mayor.

I don't want to wait until September to see what happens, too bad it's such a long wait.

I watch it, I admit it I read the books when they first came out, too, but in my defense, I was a teenager then. The plot of the TV show isn't following them very closely at all, however. The Stephen/Katherine/Damon triangle is more or less the same, except for the timeline (In the books all that happened in Renaissance Italy) but some of the other characters are VERY different. Caroline, in particular.

Hidden text below:

I wish they hadn't killed off Pearl and Anna, too, I'm kind of hoping Anna wasn't quite as dead as she looked. Pretty sure the mayor is toast. I think Damon knew that was Katherine, and I'm expecting him to come rushing in and haul Elena out before she gets to the kitchen next season.As far as Jeremy, Uncle John's super-duper "Get Out of Death Free" ring is conveniently available now. I'm wondering if that's how they deal with his suicide attempt - Elena finds him almost gone, slaps that ring on him, and it overrides Anna's blood.

I've gotta find & view the first few episodes, only started watching it the past few months. Loved the finale! The last 10 minutes....sigh....rewatched it a dozen times.

Hidden Text below:

Found the song that played while Damon & Katherine were kissing, downloaded it off Itunes. It's appropriately named 'Bloodstream' by Stateless.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I love this show I don't care how old I am! Damon is the sex love him more and more every episode! Hope we don't have to wait forever for season 2 to get here! I thought the finale was great minus some people who will be missing next season.

hmmm after reading everyone's reactions here maybe i'm should start watching again. i watched the first few episodes but gave up because the story wasn't really gripping me and also because i absolutely loathe the elena character and the girl who plays her. i'm always up for a little adolescent regression though so maybe i'll give it a go again. especially now that so many shows are ending until september and i need stuff to watch.

I have only recently gotten into this. I've watched the last few eps in the UK...this is so good and addictive. I'll need to watch from the beginning.

I've missed so much. Best teen drama on tv at the moment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information