Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: This is Us - Tuesdays on NBC

I was texting back and forth with a friend of mine last night and he ended up watching it "with" me. He'd never seen it before. So now, he's all hooked.

Great episode.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I can say that there isnít much to do about smoke inhalation but give it time. In my fire, I had burns on both hands, right arm, chest and face. I had smoke inhalation and my heart rate and BP were so high, they didnít even really give me a choice about going to the ER because they were so concerned I was going to stroke out (I was also having a major panic attack). They kept me there in the ER for several hours, sedated me, gave me oxygen. I pushed hard to be released ASAP because I wanted to know what was going on with my house (it was still very much on fire when I was taken away) and I wanted to be the one to tell my son (we lost everything but the dogs). My heart rate and BP were still high when I left. I canít remember if I left AMA ... most of the ER stay is a blur ... I believe I was in shock too. In Jackís case (I guess in mine too), when your body goes through trauma, thereís always the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke or multiple other things. Underlying conditions are a huge factor as well.
    Trixie, Bluebonnet, tulip and 2 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Well technically it was a heart attack caused a by LCA occlusion which is unpredictable and often fatal. It could have happened to him at any time in his life, unfortunately it did then.
    Bluebonnet and Trixie like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Well technically it was a heart attack caused a by LCA occlusion which is unpredictable and often fatal. It could have happened to him at any time in his life, unfortunately it did then.
    The Widowmaker?

When Rebecca took a bite out of the candy bar after the doctor told her Jack died, made me so sad! She was in such denial.
    holly likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thanks for the info, ladies.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I can say that there isn’t much to do about smoke inhalation but give it time. In my fire, I had burns on both hands, right arm, chest and face. I had smoke inhalation and my heart rate and BP were so high, they didn’t even really give me a choice about going to the ER because they were so concerned I was going to stroke out (I was also having a major panic attack). They kept me there in the ER for several hours, sedated me, gave me oxygen. I pushed hard to be released ASAP because I wanted to know what was going on with my house (it was still very much on fire when I was taken away) and I wanted to be the one to tell my son (we lost everything but the dogs). My heart rate and BP were still high when I left. I can’t remember if I left AMA ... most of the ER stay is a blur ... I believe I was in shock too. In Jack’s case (I guess in mine too), when your body goes through trauma, there’s always the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke or multiple other things. Underlying conditions are a huge factor as well.
    That is horrible! I can't believe you went through that.

Now, you go to the ER and they hook you up to everything, but maybe 20 years ago it wasn't like that. I just find it hard to believe they didn't give him oxygen -- seems like something you would do for someone who had smoke inhalation, although I don't know.

^^^ I swear he was sucking on an oxygen mask at least partially during the doctor's speech to them. Did I imagine it?

And yes, it was the Widowmaker. Rebecca tells that to Miguel, I think it was him anyway. I was too busy blubbering at that point, but I know she told someone.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ I swear he was sucking on an oxygen mask at least partially during the doctor's speech to them. Did I imagine it?

And yes, it was the Widowmaker. Rebecca tells that to Miguel, I think it was him anyway. I was too busy blubbering at that point, but I know she told someone.
    In the ambulance right afterwards, but not at the hospital.
    Nevan likes this.

Still... Fastest 'code' evar. Quietest too for that matter. <ahem> pardon me while I continue suspending disbelief.
    holly likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

panic and BelledeJour like this.

I'm not sure if I cried more during the Super Bowl episode or the one Tuesday night. Both wrecked me, as this show does. I'm really curious to see how the future storyline they've introduced now factors into the show. Their casting department is insane though, between teen Kate and adult Tess, I don't know how they found these pairs of actresses that seem to embody and entirely resemble the other actress playing the younger/older version of themselves.
    tulip, Nevan and Bluebonnet like this.

I still haven't recovered from the Super Bowl episode, so I still haven't watched the newest one.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

tears started welling up 30 seconds into the damn show when jack pulled the bruce springsteen tickets out of his glove compartment.

then when the dog curled up on kate's lap, the tears started again. i hope kate loves her dog again.

i like seeing why jack's favorite tree was jack's favorite tree. it was that night that jack told rebecca he was gonna die before her.

my favorite kate is the middle one, the teenager.

this show is kicking my ass. i'm so impressed with the writing and the casting.

here's a pic of milo without the stache and a different hairstyle. he's so cute:

Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Just here to say I signed up for Hulu specifically to watch this. I started S1 a couple of weeks ago and have binged since. I haven't read through the last few pages because even though I know Jack dies, I don't know how. Right now on I'm S2 E12 so almost there.... I love this show.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    tears started welling up 30 seconds into the damn show when jack pulled the bruce springsteen tickets out of his glove compartment.

then when the dog curled up on kate's lap, the tears started again. i hope kate loves her dog again.

i like seeing why jack's favorite tree was jack's favorite tree. it was that night that jack told rebecca he was gonna die before her.

my favorite kate is the middle one, the teenager.

this show is kicking my ass. i'm so impressed with the writing and the casting.

here's a pic of milo without the stache and a different hairstyle. he's so cute:

He's actually really likeable as a person too. I've been listening to the Gilmore Guys podcast, and I just got done with the episode where they interviewed him. It was taped just after he filmed the pilot for This Is Us, so it was awhile ago and he couldn't really talk about it much, but he's just a really cool guy and seems like he is genuinely nice.

And as I type this, I'm watching the first appearance of his character on Gilmore Girls, because I am literally always rewatching this show....
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information