Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: This is Us - Tuesdays on NBC

Meanwhile, every other old crockpot on the planet is headed for the landfill.

ok, back to the episode. Kate is lucky she went back for that shelter dog or I would have hated her FOAREVA!

The ladies watching Kevin tear down the wall made me laugh. I was enjoying it too.

Kevin getting his necklace back.

I hate this show for how it manipulates me. And all this time, waiting to see how Jack dies. Now I don't want to see how Jack dies!
    Bluebonnet and holly like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It amazes me how much the actress that plays teenage Kate looks just like Chrissy Metz. Even the same mannerisms.

All over FB and Twitter, people are saying how they will "miss" Jack. OK, It's not like Milo is leaving the show. It's a flashback type show so I assume he will continue to be in the cast.
    holly and BelledeJour like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Really, newsflash people, Jack has been dead since the show started. He will live on in flashbacks because a major premise of the show is the adult children's childhood and how their father's death shaped their lives. I do wonder how they're going to keep his character "alive" though, since they've spent the first two seasons on his life story and love story with Rebecca. It's been 20 years, so at some point they need to reconcile his death and move on. Or...not.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I hate that the next episode is on after the stupid Super Bowl. I don't like not knowing the exact time! And for such a pivotal episode. Pisses me off.
    Bluebonnet and NoDayButToday like this.

Same...I'm just going to wait for it to be on Hulu the next day and watch. I'm not going to sit around waiting for whenever they cut the feed from the game coverage and go to the show.
    holly likes this.

Yeah, I don't know why they decided to do that, but there will be the Sunday episode, then another one on Tuesday, and then they'll be on hiatus again due to the Olympics. So maybe they wanted to close out the whole death episode and aftermath now.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Yeah, probably. These two episodes will probably get us up to the funeral, which is probably a good stopping point for the moment storywise.

I'm really loving this season, my husband picks on me because it's the only show I will solidly cry at every single week, but it knows how to hit you that way and still tell a compelling enough story to keep you coming back.
    Trixie, Bluebonnet and holly like this.

I'm not a crier either, but this damn show hits me in the feels almost every week!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

yeah, is this on after the super bowl? pfft, i'm gonna record this show and the 3 hours after it to make sure it doesn't get cut off.

fuckin old man and his crock pot, why you giving them your broke down crock pot? said you gotta jiggle it a little - then i knew - fire. damn! mother fucker. and the little dog was curled up on a pillow in the living room when the fire started. i hope he got out somehow.

i knew katie was going back for that dog and it would've bothered me if she didn't. there's no way i could've left that dog there.

i'm glad there's a little boy now feeding clooney the cat since randall's dad died. love you, clooney.

this show makes me cry but i like a good cry. i give props to any show that can make me cry.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

For a few weeks now, our local morning show's Free Money Phone Tap has been sponsored by crockpot. The day after last week's episode they went on air and issued a disclaimer saying how much they love crockpot and they stand behind them and they are safe, maybe just don't use 20 year old crockpots with jiggly knobs lol
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Well, now I know why the show is on Sunday instead of tonight. Fucking Trump.

We found how out how Jack died, and it is fucking gut wrenching cause we knew he died then we thought he for sure he died then saw he "didn't" and somehow tricked the mind to thinking he didn't die, but he DID so was saw him "die", twice. And it was apparently (I don't believe it, I think he damaged lungs severely enough saving Kate, his arms were dripping skin off by then) him going back in to save dog and photo albums, and Kate's VCR tape, that caused his smoke inhalation death. Cause that's what everyone dreads losing, especially back then, that we are to assume caused the smoke inhalation death sentence.

Holy fucking cry fest, ever damn story line. Even when they were "light".
    Last edited by Annie B; February 5th, 2018 at 12:33 AM.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Just for those who haven't watched yet (if anyone)

SPOILER ALERT
    I was watching him like a hawk during the ambulance and hospital scenes because when he made it out of the fire I thought smoke inhalation.

They got a few minutes of being relieved to have survived and some 'I love you's' then this.

Poor Kevin wasn't even there. And no wonder Kate feels guilty. Poor kids.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Thing that bothered me... they talked about smoke inhalation...why didn't they have him on oxygen, hooked up to monitors, etc? Wouldn't they do that? I know it wouldn't have prevented what happened, but him just sitting on the hospital bed with his hands bandaged. It didn't seem authentic to me.
    Bluebonnet and holly like this.

^ Yeah, I have no idea what the protocol is, but they weren't even planning to keep him for observation. I'm not sure what they can do once your lungs are fried, but oxygen seems like the obvious. For whatever reason, the show didn't want a hospital bed death scene apparently. The point is, Jack died saving his family, because that's who Jack was. He even saved the dog, the photo albums, the VHS tape and Rebecca's moon necklace that she hasn't taken off since. *sigh* at least it's finally over.

My fav parts of the episode were the Randall/Tess scenes. They got me with that twist, thinking that little boy was their latest foster kid, when really it was a grown-up Tess placing him and having her weekly dinner with her father. Good one, show!
    Bluebonnet, Nevan, holly and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information