Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: This is Us - Tuesdays on NBC

Let me just say that the cocky asshole that keeps hitting on Kate is awful, but dammit if I don't find him really, really hot.

I want to know more about Kevin's ex-wife and what happened there.

Ugh to the quick flashbacks to the funeral. The kids still looked pretty young, like teenagers. Could it be that Jack's been dead for 20 years now? I was thinking it was more like 10.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I want to know more about Kevin's ex-wife and what happened there.

Ugh to the quick flashbacks to the funeral. The kids still looked pretty young, like teenagers. Could it be that Jack's been dead for 20 years now? I was thinking it was more like 10.
    Apparently, he died when they were in high school. It hasn't said "how" yet though!

And Kate when she was was in that drum circle! Made me cry.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I read an interview this morning that indicates the kids were somewhere around 15 when he died. They said that earlier this season when Kevin went to the funeral and the widow said her son was 15, there was originally a line that he said about how he was about the same age when his dad died-but they cut it because they hadn't revealed the teens yet and felt it was too early to let that piece of information out.

I really want to know more about the Sophie story now, and I cried a lot....the drumming, the part with Randall and his dad, the end of the episode....just a lot of tears everywhere, every week, lol. I'm so glad it got a 2 year renewal, the show is so good.

Chrissy Metz deserves an Emmy for her acting.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I have watched the pilot last week and although I thought that the idea is cute, I was sure that I will get bored after a few episodes. Only a few days I was up to date with all the episodes and I don't know how often I cried..

And yes, Jack is really really hot with that moustache!

i've only seen the last 2 episodes and haven't really been paying attention until the last episode. i didn't realize there were time changes, i actually thought the older versions of the kids were just different characters. but last night at the funeral we realized they were the 3 kids. this show just flows, before we knew it, it was over. i don't want the dad to die, he's my favorite character.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Chrissy Metz deserves an Emmy for her acting.
    I agree,she's an amazing actress.Love this show.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

I caught the marathon a couple of weeks ago too, and am hooked. I haven't cried as much as expected, but Kate in the stick class finally having it hit her - total waterworks here. She's really good in this role.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

I hope Kate did NOT go to that guy's cabin to sleep with him. OMG!
    stella blue likes this.

yeah, what a cliffhanger. i don't want her to go either. i do like the dialogue between kate and that guy, thought it was funny when they met and he told her she can come to his cabin and she's like, "i don't think so, i'm engaged", and he says, "you and me? this is happening."

her fiance looked hilarious in those light-up shoes.
    Last edited by panic; February 9th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

This show is known for its cliffhangers and "twists"...I could be wrong of course, but I doubt they would do that to her character, or to Toby. Yeah, she's a little annoyed with him, but to run and sleep with that creep? I hope not.

I still love this show but I'm starting to feel a little manipulated with all the "Jack is PERFECT" stuff, I mean we all know he's gonna die and they are sure laying it on thick. At some point he's gonna fall off that pedestal, right? I'm thinking about several episodes back when it looked like he might have a drinking problem. And I want to know when Miguel and Rebecca get together. When Kevin was talking to his ex, she asked about Miguel so that means he was in the picture when she was still married to Kevin 12 years ago. It's not like I'm anxious to see him die, but the suspense is killing me!!
    Bluebonnet and panic like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^^^^^Everyone on FB seems to think he gets killed on 9/11 but then Kate said a couple of episodes back that her dad died when she was a teenager and 9/11 happened when the three kids would've been 20. Others are thinking not. So, I don't know. Also, that Miguel was there to comfort Rebecca after Jack dies so they got together AFTER Jack dies.

The kids are now at age 36.

I wanna know what's going on with Randall's shaking!!
    panic likes this.

I was thinking Parkinson's?

eta: I wonder why people think 9/11? I think that would be kinda disrespectful to have a fictional character die in 9/11.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Fuck off, Dude in Cabin. You work at a fat camp. Where people let their vulnerabilities fly. If they don't flag their stupid janitors for being antagonistic to their customers, what a lame dumb camp.
    Bluebonnet, panic and BelledeJour like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information